Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Brief flash of the entrance room in the wrong style as Entrance Text fades in
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Brief flash of the entrance room in the wrong style as Entrance Text fades in (+1)  
Version: TSS 5.0.1.6002 PC version

Bug: When leaving to an entrance that displays a level entrance text, one can see the Entrance room for a very brief moment, in the style of the level that was just left.

(Example: you leave a forest style room to a Caldera style room. Right before the entrance text is displayed, you'll see the entrance room displayed in the Forest style.)

How to recreate:

1- Simply create an exit that leads to another entrance, preferably in another room with a different style. Enable displaying of the entrance text.
2- Leave through that exit.
3- Notice the brief flashing of the room in the wrong style as the entrance text fades in. It happens rather quickly, so it's possible you could miss it.

How it should behave: I'd presume the game should fade out from the exited room to the entrance text directly.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-07-2014 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: Brief flash of the entrance room in the wrong style as Entrance Text fades in (+1)  
Not sure if it's worth bumping this topic, but I just checked, and this doesn't happen in earlier versions of the engine (4.0 and earlier).

My hypothesis is that the level transitions were changed in some way while coding the map system, and this caused the glitch I mentioned in level to level transitions. Just my 2 cents. :P

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-15-2014 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734

File: EntranceGif.png (205.8 KB)
Downloaded 125 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Brief flash of the entrance room in the wrong style as Entrance Text fades in (+2)  
Unable to reproduce on 5.1.1 dev build:

Here is the output from a 60FPS GIF recording. I removed some intermediary fade frames so that the important buts fit on the screen, but as you can see there is no frame where a room displays in an incorrect style.

I am closing it as not a bug, feel free to prove me wrong if you manage to replicate it!

[Last edited by skell at 10-01-2020 02:25 PM]
10-01-2020 at 02:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668

File: BUG REPORT Room flash.hold (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 20 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Brief flash of the entrance room in the wrong style as Entrance Text fades in (+2)  
I finally managed to replicate this consistently.

In the attached hold, you will be moved to a new room in 5 turns. Hold down some action key like move or rotate, and when the move happens, the new room will flash briefly before the entrance text fades in, and will be in the style of the room you just left, rather than the style it should be.

This only happens if you are holding down some key at the appropriate time. Stepping through each turn with a careful button press does not flash the next room.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-31-2020 06:45 PM]
10-31-2020 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Fixed and I never want to hear about this baloney again PR

11-01-2020 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Brief flash of the entrance room in the wrong style as Entrance Text fades in (+1)  
Can confirm fixed in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-11-04
11-07-2020 at 11:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Brief flash of the entrance room in the wrong style as Entrance Text fades in
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com