Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Several problems/bugs (SPOILERS) This topic has been locked
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
Sanven
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - Several problems/bugs (SPOILERS) (0)  
No problem!

Also has anyone had trouble with stealing the wizards eye?

Click here to view the secret text

01-06-2014 at 04:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
Aquillion
Fizzii wrote: (though I don't think hybrids should be more powerful than pure classes, personally).
I get what you're saying here, but it's essentially inevitable that hybrids will end up more powerful in the long run, because it's not that hard to max out your skills, and at that point a hybrid will have every option a pure class does, plus a few more.

That said, I personally prefer for hybrids to have more options. One of the things I loved most in the original Quest for Glory was playing a thief with magic and every single skill, so I had a wide variety of options available for each puzzle -- I found it fun to be able to choose how I solved things, and I was a bit disappointed that Heroine's Quest was more like the later QFGs (where many sequences were scripted based on your class and could only be solved in that fashion; many spells were only available if you were an actual caster, etc.)

Ultimately I just don't feel it's worth worrying about balance too much in a single-player game. People who want to play a pure sorceress, warrior, or thief will do so and enjoy it because they wanted to play a pure character of that type. Players who try to multi-class probably want to have a variety of options and will be happier if you give them as many options as possible.

I don't think it particularly hurts the game to have multi-class characters end up more powerful (and, as a result, making the game slightly easier for them), because they ultimately still need to find a solution to every puzzle, so the game is still fun; and because, since it's a single-player game, it's not as though the difference in power or effectiveness is going to ruin the game for 'single-class' characters.

[Last edited by Aquillion at 01-14-2014 08:44 AM]
01-14-2014 at 08:42 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Yeah, that was my own idea. I didn't actually give any input into hybrid design. Personally I think that if one is trying to become good at everything, one invariably ends up a jack of all trades, and a master of none :)

There are some people who hacked the game so that they had max skills in everything when they started playing. So even with the current design, you can't stop them all :P
01-14-2014 at 09:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
PicaLudica wrote:
I've met the troll bridge ludicrously late in the game (I've avoided travelling at night whenever possible), and so I don't have anything to bribe him with (
You can always pay him in cash.

PicaLudica wrote:
I gave the fox fur to Aurvandel for the reward (and I can't find another sample for my potions);
When brewing potions, you don't just use your inventory items, you can also use what's present in the lab. If you've given fox fur to Aurvandel, then his lab now has that ingredient, and you can use it for your potions as well. Liff has it from the start.

v_k wrote: Unfortunately there's a glitch with this scene that prevents you from getting fox fur at all after the Jarl gets bewitched :(
At least that's how it was for me - the fur was there, but I just couldn't click it.
I believe its hotspot is just uncomfortably small, but precise clicking will still get it; I can fix that.

01-20-2014 at 11:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts
yariel
maybe not a bug but ... a glitch perhaps ?
when you sit down at guild, and asking for training, the animation get weird (like Fighter holding flame sword) ...
I use Rogue+Magic tough ... :?
01-21-2014 at 02:14 AM
Spiffo
Small bug (?) in the caverns:

There's a dead guy in one of the screens, wearing fishnet leggings and is very dead. Hoo boy is he ever dead. Not sure if this is a puzzle for another class or just an easter egg, but either way Deaddy Freddy doesn't have a name. So if you try to use items on it, the game will go
"If one flower were enough to freeze the , you would have blah blah blah" or
"Apples are for eating, not for rubbing against the ."

So yeah, it doesn't have a noun it's just blank.

edit: also that final boss freeze I mentioned in another thread.
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Spiffo at 01-23-2014 07:24 PM]
01-23-2014 at 05:13 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Several problems/bugs (SPOILERS) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com