Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Mini-Bombs (pushable explosives)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged
icon Mini-Bombs (+1)  
Mini-Bombs would be an explosive item that's light enough to push around like a mirror. In fact, they would follow mirror movement rules. A direct thrust into the mini-bomb would cause it to explode (same thrusts that would shatter mirrors). The explosion would be smaller that a regular bombs, say, all of the squares around the mini-bomb except the one the sword thrust came from (this makes them possible to use as a weapon instead of just a hazard). Mini-bombs would not be affected by fuses, but would detonate if in radius of other explosions (including fegundo, bomb and mini-bomb explosions.) If they were detonated by an explosion, all neighboring squares would detonate. Unlike bombs, mini-bombs are small enough for adders to eat. This would cause the adder to lose one segment as it detonated internally, but not cause a detonation outside the adder. Unlike mirrors they would not leave stepping stones when destroyed in shallow water, and of course would not reflect beams.

Undecided: What should happen if pushed onto hot tiles? They could have the same continuing movement rules as most characters and monsters, detonate immediately, or not be affected.

Potential puzzle uses: A minibomb maze would be less immediately threatening than a bomb maze, but also less static. While they're harder to trigger, if one goes off you'd get the same nasty chain reactions.

Minibombs could be used to eliminate enemies that are unreachable due to door + pressure plate arrangements, force arrows, one way trap doors. Their explosions also could ignite just out of reach fuses.

They could be used to kill or re-size unreachable adders or to defeat adders with a swordless character.

[Last edited by Beef Row at 10-24-2012 04:21 AM]
10-24-2012 at 04:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Mini-Bombs (0)  
Don't we call those fegundos?
10-24-2012 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
You didn't read much of the post, did you, bomber50? The first sentence would've answered your question in the negative.

Anyway, not a bad idea.

10-24-2012 at 04:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
bomber50 wrote:
Don't we call those fegundos?

Fegundos move too, but obviously this would be a very different mechanic. These are more a mirror mechanics + bomb mechanics hybrid. You situate them one at a time, can set up (or need to avoid) chain reactions, and get some of the sokoban-esque strategic pushing needs you get with mirrors. Really, the detonation radius and mobility are about the only things this has in common with fegundos.

10-24-2012 at 04:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dimitris
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 40
I think it's a good idea. Bomb placement with the goal to create a chained explosion sounds fun.

Also I remember playing an indie game called Diabolika and to borrow an idea...
There could be diffenent types of bombs with unique explosion patterns. (straight line,cross,x...)
So for a puzzle we could have a maze where we should place the bombs in a way that the explosion covers as much ground as possible.
10-24-2012 at 01:23 PM
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
Dimitris wrote:
There could be diffenent types of bombs with unique explosion patterns. (straight line,cross,x...)
So for a puzzle we could have a maze where we should place the bombs in a way that the explosion covers as much ground as possible.
Graphical presentation of patterns would be easy to do, too! I like this.

[Last edited by The Architest at 10-24-2012 01:28 PM]
10-24-2012 at 01:28 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Mini-Bombs (pushable explosives)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com