Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : An expantion to custom avatars. (Because we want this on more then just Beethro, Halph, Gunthro, 39th slayer and the Negotiator)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
IP: Logged
icon An expantion to custom avatars. (+1)  
It may be an artistic stretch, but what if when you create a custom avatar for a custom character, you could define the various moods that can be selected in the menu seen when ediding a speech command.

It would work like this, have the help screen say that when creating custom avatars they can be given diferent emotions by placing multiple images next to each other. If only one face is present, it will be the only one shown for that character.

You may also have a second row below the main row as frames of a death animation. If the image has only one row, the nervous expression will be shown instead.

Then all caravel has to do is decide on the order to arrange the emotons in, and make the scripting engine do exactly what I described above. Maybe throw in an ingenious system for eye movement involving black and white images of eyholes? They could upgrade it one feature at a time, we got all the time in the Eigth.

[Last edited by averagemoe at 09-23-2012 12:46 AM]
09-23-2012 at 12:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
icon Re: An expantion to custom avatars. (0)  
I didn't know this wasn't already possible. Of course you should be able to set moods for custom avatars, so, yeah, I agree.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

09-24-2012 at 12:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
I could've sworn this was already possible, except for the death animations. I mean, I don't think all the playable characters' expressions are hard-coded.

The death animation customization sounds fine.

09-24-2012 at 04:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 255
It is possible, but it's available only for Beethro, Halph and Gunthro.

[Last edited by The Architest at 09-25-2012 04:31 PM]
09-24-2012 at 03:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : An expantion to custom avatars. (Because we want this on more then just Beethro, Halph, Gunthro, 39th slayer and the Negotiator)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com