Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Architectural Market (various puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.2/10 (6 votes)
σ 0.90
Author Name:Slava
Submitted By:mxvladi
Hold Name:Architectural Market
Theme:various puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:11
Number of Monsters:90
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:10 (+10 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Architectural Market.hold (9.3 KB)
Downloaded 766 times.
License: Other
icon Architectural Market  
So here's pretty small collection of puzzles which sit on my hard drive for too long. Puzzles share no common theme. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Thanks to CuriousShyRabbit, da rogu3 and Neather2 for testing it.
08-03-2011 at 02:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Architectural Market (+1)  
Good morning to you!
Good morning to you!
We're all in our places,
With bright shiny faces.
Is this not the way
To start a new day?

That's a song we sang every day at school when I was a very little Rabbit. This hold made me think of it, because several of the puzzles are about putting the right monsters in the right places. The most original of these, IMO, are the seep and goblins in 3N1E and the roaches in the secret room. There's also a neat slayer trick in 1N1W, a mud puzzle in 2N1E that should be lots of fun to optimize, and other variety. Nice job, mxvladi!

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 08-03-2011 02:16 AM]
08-03-2011 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
When mxvaldi, one of the best drop players ever, creates a hold I tremble at the thought of how hard it will be.

When I first looked at the hold it was pretty minimalistic lynchpin based rooms that needless to say looked impossible. Spending a night just mulling the rooms over actually helped me formulate solutions to several of the rooms. I found that I was able to solve most of the rooms with some thought and a little fiddling around.

I especially like the mud room which took me a lot of fiddling around, but it's still a super room. The mimic room was pretty neat too.

Great hold mxv!
08-14-2011 at 01:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
Completed! Don't know if I'll ever manage the secret room though...

I really enjoyed this hold. The slayer puzzles were fun, and I really liked the mimic and the mud rooms, both really clever and innovative puzzles.

I wasn't as big a fan of the rooms based on monster movement order though, they felt a bit cheep in comparison. The way the seep trick works was pretty neat but I would have liked the room better if it had been built around that trick rather than the brained seep manipulation.

For the guard room I had to read the hints mxvladi wrote in the architecture thread.
Click here to view the secret text

All in all, great job mxvladi. A really fun hold to optimize! :)

Edit: Aaaand Mastered! The secret room was evil, but not quite as hard as I had thought. I liked it.

[Last edited by Rheb at 08-15-2011 12:01 AM]
08-14-2011 at 11:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Architectural Market (various puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com