Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Next Big Project (Sneak Peek!)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Next Big Project (0)  
I knew what you meant; I was just wondering if there was one out there. It wasn't really directed at you.

04-07-2011 at 12:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 606
Elfstone wrote:
larrymurk wrote:
For you Mac users. I spoke w/ a Mac savvy friend and he recommended trying an emulator type program.

In particular try doing Google searches on-

Wine Mac: Wine is free I think.
Many thanks for that advice larry.
Yes...thanks larry...and Tim, too. I'd kind of forgotten that an emulator could work. But basically I'd just wanted to see some screenshots and am content with those.
And the "hind teat" thing was just me teasing.
:)
And Boot Camp would work, of course, but I haven't purchased Windows yet.
04-07-2011 at 01:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: The Next Big Project (+1)  
Elfstone wrote:
larrymurk wrote:
For you Mac users. I spoke w/ a Mac savvy friend and he recommended trying an emulator type program.

In particular try doing Google searches on-

Wine Mac: Wine is free I think.
Many thanks for that advice larry. I did google the wine one and found a very useful site with a detailed and very clear explanation of how to set it up. Unfortunately, round about step two and a half it mentioned using Terminal and then went on to give some scary looking commands to be typed in. Some of you will remember that I hate doing anything with/to the innards of the computer
- terrified I do something wrong and lose important files or functions (been there, done that, got the scars to prove it ;) ) so I think I'm going to do a quick side-step on this one. :?

With wine, you'll be fine... as the saying goes. With beer, you'll just feel... erm... queer.

Seriously though, Wine has been around for many years and the "typing into Terminal" is how most people spend their days. If you have any doubts about what they're asking, please pm the steps and I'll veto them :)

In any case, "sudo rm -rf /" should be avoided. Most others should be fine :)

Just like wine
04-07-2011 at 02:19 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
NightSight wrote:
Larry, I'd like to thank you on behalf of the numerous people who spent time in high school classes playing a version of this game on graphing calculators (unfortunately, undoubtedly a ripped off version that didn't give proper credit).
Man, those were good times. I think I spent about as much time doing that (and re-doing it) as actually doing work.
04-07-2011 at 03:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: The Next Big Project (+3)  
Seriously though, Wine has been around for many years and the "typing into Terminal" is how most people spend their days.
chillin out, maxin, relaxing all cool, all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
Syntax, when we're talking about computer stuff, please remember that Elfstone is /basically/ your grandma for all intents and purposes.

She isn't comfortable with the terminal. The terminal is a /scary thing/ if you don't really grok computers. Let it be.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 04-07-2011 05:24 PM]
04-07-2011 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: The Next Big Project (+2)  
And speaking as someone who works in IT, I always appreciate when people avoid things they aren't comfortable with, as opposed to the people who will try anything because they think they can.

04-07-2011 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Syntax wrote:
With wine, you'll be fine... as the saying goes. With beer, you'll just feel... erm... queer.

Seriously though, Wine has been around for many years and the "typing into Terminal" is how most people spend their days. If you have any doubts about what they're asking, please pm the steps and I'll veto them :)

In any case, "sudo rm -rf /" should be avoided. Most others should be fine :)

Just like wine
My thanks Syntax, I'm very grateful for the offer of help, but I'm going to pass on this. If it was something really (and I mean really) important I might try, but in all honesty I would be quite happy to live out the rest of my life without ever having to go into Terminal again. :yes

04-07-2011 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
Banjooie wrote:
Syntax, when we're talking about computer stuff, please remember that Elfstone is /basically/ your grandma for all intents and purposes.
Well!!!!!

:lol. :lol. :lol

I started laughing when I first read that at around 9.45. Since then i've posted some things on my writing site (laughing) and showered (laughing) and made a mug of hot chocolate (laughing) and I'm sitting here in bed still chuckling!

O:-

[Last edited by Elfstone at 04-07-2011 11:04 PM]
04-07-2011 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
I have started a thread in the development board for BLOCKman2020 if anyone is interested in playing, testing, whatever..

If anyone wants to see solutions to the DRODman rooms, just ask and I can post a version with the solutions.
04-08-2011 at 02:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Banjooie wrote:
Wish she was! Erm... is!
04-17-2011 at 07:10 AM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I wonder if she actually is anyone's grandma. Roach-shaped cookies, anyone?

04-17-2011 at 04:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
(cinnamon shortbread actually! :P Roach-shaped or otherwise. ;) )

04-17-2011 at 10:26 PM
Rat Man
Why roach-shaped? Why not roach cookies?

04-18-2011 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
04-18-2011 at 07:33 PM
Rat Man
Well, they make good burgers so why not cookies?

04-18-2011 at 07:46 PM
mncrafty
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
larrymurk wrote:
If anyone wants to see solutions to the DRODman rooms, just ask and I can post a version with the solutions.

I do, I do....PLEASE :kiss

Thanks so much for making the DRODman version of the game available to all of us diehard DROD fans. I played Blockman years ago, but can't remember any of the solutions. I'm stuck on level five...already, geez.
I'm honored to be on the same forum as the original author of this wonderful puzzle game.
Thanks in advance!
05-18-2011 at 05:21 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911

File: DRODmanCheat.exe (3.1 MB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The Next Big Project (+2)  
Glad you enjoyed Block Man.

Here's DRODmanCheat. Just type S to play the solution.

(Just run this from the same directory where you have DRODman.)
05-18-2011 at 06:13 PM
mncrafty
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
Thank you very much Larry!

Just to let you know, I did make it to level 11 all on my own. I guess my memory isn't as bad as I thought. :D
05-18-2011 at 07:50 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Next Big Project (Sneak Peek!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com