Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro's Volcanic Voyage (Hot tiles, Adders, Aumtliches)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.6/10 (15 votes)
σ 1.02
Author Name:Tom
Submitted By:tokyokid
Hold Name:Beethro's Volcanic Voyage
Theme:Hot tiles, Adders, Aumtliches
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:26
Number of Monsters:276
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:9 (+9 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Beethros Volcanic Voyage.hold (18.1 KB)
Downloaded 864 times.
License: Other
icon Beethro's Volcanic Voyage  
A 1 level hold set in a deep volcano. My TCB debut, I hope you
enjoy.
07-21-2010 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
icon Re: Beethro's Volcanic Voyage (0)  
This hold was made in the TCB style, 'Volcano' created by vylycyn. Please download and install if you haven't already, it will make the playing experience a whole lot better.

Download the DMF file or the ZIP file here:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=14875
07-22-2010 at 12:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Beethro's Volcanic Voyage (+1)  
Quite easy one-level hold. Puzzles mostly are about hot tiles, trapdoors and aumtliches.

While most of hold is easy, there're a couple of pretty tough rooms here.
07-22-2010 at 01:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
And mastered... I rarely chase mastered status, but I really enjoyed this hold.

Good use of hot tiles without being annoying, and... well, I love briar and this hold has a few fun briar rooms too :)

Also, loved the new tileset (I had missed it previously somehow).
07-25-2010 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
OneMoreNameless
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 131
An all-around good hold. I didn't bother grabbing the graphics style, but the volcano theme was still evident in most of the rooms and the level design flowed reasonably well.

The puzzles weren't too hard, but they still took me a few tries to figure out. None were particularly memorable, but there were no duds either. Varied enough while sticking to the theme. The secret rooms were fun to find too.

Not much more to say, really. This isn't an OMG ORGASMIC hold, but it's solid, satisfying and worth playing.
09-03-2010 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
This is a small single-level hold with a few secret rooms (including one that requires a bit of work to reach which is always welcome).

Most of the puzzles are fairly simple - you'll do some hot tile dancing, some mimic manipulation - a nice variety for a small hold.

Possibly the last hold from Tokyokid (although he came back from a 2 year-odd absence to create this) but definitely worth half an hour of your time.

Also, I'd advise installing the volcano style referenced in the first post as it adds to the atmosphere here as well.

My verdict:

Difficulty: 4
Fun: 7

Progress - Gavin G
08-23-2011 at 01:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro's Volcanic Voyage (Hot tiles, Adders, Aumtliches) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com