Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TWO THINGS (and it is better than these other threads.)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TWO THINGS (0)  

FIRST
Apparently this is Insane's blog?

what

SECOND

And secondly I need you guys to lay off each other for a goddamn moment. I can't be around to make fun of you nearly as much as I normally am because I'm kinda busy with World of Warcraft (I don't raid anymore but I'm starting to love speed levelling) and you guys are REALLY BAD at being mad at each other.

You guys aren't entertaining enough when you're snarking at each other. It's about crowd pleasing, not about screaming like a bunch of white women in a walmart line over the last tickle me elmo.

If people who aren't you and the person you're yelling at are not linking me the thread going 'oh god this is hilarious' you are DOING IT WRONG, stop.

I get it Jatopian you don't like the RPG and you have a chip on your shoulder

I get it robertdeNiro you're..I don't know, european or something god I can't keep track of whatever your deal is

the important point here is you guys have made the same thread like four times, and/or hijacked threads into being the same thread four times I don't know anymore.

And that wouldn't really be an issue except instead of going 'lol, those two are going at each other, someone link that Flame Warriors article about the Duelists' (jgi, I'm lazy), you all decide to seriously jump into the fray about the number underneath your name because it's SRS BSNS.

Can we take a step back for a sec here, and realize that /without my interference/ the hostility level is rising? You don't have a specific fellow out to make you guys yell at each other more and you're doing it anyway. Ergo; I need all y'all to either keep it in one thread so I can read it, also be more entertaining I demand more pop culture references in your snark. Snark should be funny. It is why it is called 'snark' and not 'being a raging white boy with aspergers'.

Alternately, you can all realize that besides internet argument lol, you're all arguing over something with literally less meaning and value than post count.

And you're all getting really irritating about it so stop.

Instead; make fun of Insane's blog.

06-18-2009 at 04:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TWO THINGS (+1)  
first

06-18-2009 at 04:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TWO THINGS (0)  
I'm just hoping it's not insane's blog, on the basis of Leni having a stalker that I am associated with. As well as bad printing.

But I would like it if everyone just got mad at banji because that is my entertainment. Plus I always thought that banji was not an actual human being so it was fine to rant at him.

I wish that man would stay away
06-18-2009 at 04:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TWO THINGS (+1)  
Banjooie wrote:
It is why it is called 'snark' and not 'being a raging white boy with aspergers'.

I take mild offense at this statement, as I happen to actually have aspergers, am white, and have been known to on occasion be skilled at utilizing witticisms. Therefore it is untrue, and it is its untruth that causes the offense. (mild irony there OH BOY)

So you can... go eat a ham.

Have I been watching too much raocow recently or what?

[Last edited by Sillyman at 06-18-2009 08:37 AM]
06-18-2009 at 08:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
So, uh, how does such a horrible blog have such an awesome design?

I swear, my first thought was, Maddox have had a lobotomy or a stroke. Or both.

[Last edited by Maurog at 06-18-2009 11:08 AM]
06-18-2009 at 09:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BLOG

i borrowed maddox's colors cause they're pleasant on the eye okay.

[Last edited by Insane at 06-18-2009 11:05 AM]
06-18-2009 at 11:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Banjooie wrote:
and you guys are REALLY BAD at being mad at each other.
You guys aren't entertaining enough when you're snarking at each other. It's about crowd pleasing...
If people ... are not linking me the thread going 'oh god this is hilarious' you are DOING IT WRONG, stop.
And that wouldn't really be an issue except ... you all decide to seriously jump into the fray about the number underneath your name because it's SRS BSNS.
You don't have a specific fellow out to make you guys yell at each other more and you're doing it anyway.
Ergo; I need all y'all to ... be more entertaining ... Snark should be funny.
Alternately, you can all realize that besides internet argument lol, you're all arguing over something with literally less meaning and value than post count.

So your argument is this:

1. We're arguing about stuff, but we're really bad at it because...
2. It's not amusing enough to you (but perhaps everyone else).
3. Thus we should stop.
4. Also because we're all taking the argument too seriously.
5. And we're doing it without any apparent prompting.
6. So, solution 1 is to carry on but do it in such a way that observers laugh at it instead of joining in.
7. Solution 2 is just to stop arguing.

And I agree with you with everything but 6. There is a low signal-to-noise ratio right now, which is why the arguments are so apparent. Really, you're adding to this noise by deliberately trying to start another one.

Yeah, snark could be funny, if you're not the one arguing, and put like that, this is one way to demonstrate to the participants that it is all very silly (which would include this post).

However, there is already so little to suppress around here, and some of the arguments, however stupid-sounding, have some basis. In addition, maybe I'm the one who's being stupid now (or in other words, "haven't I got a life?") but I fail to see how being deliberately nasty to reduce incidental nastiness is going to make the situation much better, particularly as there is so little going on. I personally would like to see more DRODistic activity; do you not?

So rather than trying to... um... destroy the very reason that you are here (even if it is solely to moderate this community, you're only around because it is active), why don't you find something a little more constructive to do? Make another hold, test some rooms, go and play DROD, perhaps? At the very least, please could we avoid the snark?

You're trying to lower the noise floor. I suggest you try to increase the signal.

06-18-2009 at 11:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
seco--darn.

06-18-2009 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
I actually agree with everything Banjooie posted, with the exception of something that I have already raised an objection to and that is inconsequential to the... persuasive speech? Just to clarify my standpoint.

06-18-2009 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Insane has a blog?

Nah. Not interested. I doubt it's particularly worthy of ridicule or praise.
Banjooie wrote:
I'm kinda busy with World of Warcraft (I don't raid anymore but I'm starting to love speed levelling
I dunno if I should deride you for speed leveling or note that the forum is perhaps less entertaining than that. Probably the former, since you presumably have third options for entertainment.
I get it Jatopian you don't like the RPG and you have a chip on your shoulder
damn straight, also fine job on... I dunno, does it qualify as oversimplification if it's possible you missed the point entirely?

also: there was this old commercial about chips, it went "you can't have just one" I think? anyway it was really stupid but it applies here
Sillyman wrote:
Banjooie wrote:
It is why it is called 'snark' and not 'being a raging white boy with aspergers'.
I take mild offense at this statement, as I happen to actually have aspergers, am white, and have been known to on occasion be skilled at utilizing witticisms.
You have?

[Last edited by Jatopian at 06-19-2009 04:03 AM]
06-19-2009 at 04:01 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Considering the wittiest you could do was a cheap shot at asbergers, and it wasn't even funny, I suggest you live by your own rules before you try to impose them on us. Ok, sure you tried to laugh at insanes blog, but if you think that's bad you've obviously never seen a 14 year old girls myspace. Inane rambling and hideous formatting.
06-19-2009 at 05:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insane
Oh c'mon, I write my blog that way on purpose.

Not really the right kind of humor for this forum I guess, but I didn't post it here, did I?

Not even a "blog". I hate that word. Did it on purpose too.. :?

In fact I never really intended to host anything serious on there anyway. I initially registered the domain name as a joke, and for hosting files and stuff (like drodlib).

So before you're gonna "make fun" of my blog, I think you need to realize it's a joke.

[Last edited by Insane at 06-19-2009 11:51 AM]
06-19-2009 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Sillyman wrote:
I take mild offense at this statement, as I happen to actually have aspergers, am white, and have been known to on occasion be skilled at utilizing witticisms.
Are you raging at those times? No? Then we're good.
Insane wrote:
So before you're gonna "make fun" of my blog, I think you need to realize it's a joke.
Actually I figured that you were going to turn out to not actually be responsible, and whoever was was just giving you web hosting? I don't know what to think now.
Jatopian wrote:Insane has a blog?

Nah. Not interested. I doubt it's particularly worthy of ridicule or praise.
I WENT THROUGH ALL THE EFFORT TO LINK THIS THREAD TWICE BOY
you are clicking on that link
NiroZ wrote:
Considering the wittiest you could do was a cheap shot at asbergers, and it wasn't even funny
Okay I know that you're upset that I have /revealed/ your epic forum-spanning duel with Jatopian but that hurts.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 06-19-2009 12:07 PM]
06-19-2009 at 12:04 PM
NiroZ
Sure, I'm hurting, because you um... revealed the thread? It wasn't exactly private to begin with...
06-19-2009 at 02:13 PM
AtkinsSJ
Rank Points: 107
Banjooie, I think you need more practice. You've stopped being Banjooie for a while and now it's not working so well. This makes me sad. :(
06-19-2009 at 03:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
banj I apologize

that link was hilarious

06-19-2009 at 04:09 PM
Banjooie
NiroZ wrote:
Sure, I'm hurting, because you um... revealed the thread? It wasn't exactly private to begin with...
Then I don't understand your problem. :(
06-19-2009 at 08:43 PM
NiroZ
It's along the lines of what AtkinsSJ said. And I have friends with asbergers.
06-19-2009 at 10:27 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
And I have Asperger's as well. Just thought I'd put that out there. And I happen to be white and happen to have come up with witticisms in the past.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by NoahT at 06-20-2009 07:10 AM]
06-20-2009 at 05:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Oh. Did I touch *buttons*?

Are you people telling me that maybe constantly nipping at each other on the internet might actually hurt people's feelings?

Because, see, I personally don't care. I find your trials and tribulations in this thread personally amusing.

Now, if you guys care about whether or not you hurt each other or whatever, it's probably a good time to note that Agaricus is right and that the ratio of 'awesome things' to 'pointless yelling at each other' is kind of slipping in a direction most of you probably do not like.

I'm not good at the whole 'actually contributing to the forum' thing. That seems to be the forte of you fine folk. My job is to come in here and post some stuff where I make fun of you guys.

Except you're all sitting here yelling at each other instead. So what is it I'm supposed to do now?
06-20-2009 at 06:17 AM
NiroZ
Are you people telling me that maybe constantly nipping at each other on the internet might actually hurt people's feelings?
Ah, who said that, and why does it need to be pointed out? Making bigoted stereotypes are unbecoming of you, sure, but that's not the same thing.
06-20-2009 at 07:04 AM
Banjooie
Now: If I'd said 'raging white boy', would you still get upset?
06-20-2009 at 09:08 AM
NiroZ
No, because I'm assuming you are a white boy, thus your mocking yourself. Same reason that black people call themselves nigga.
06-20-2009 at 10:05 AM
Banjooie
wait but I also said:
...screaming like a bunch of white women in a walmart line over the last tickle me elmo.
So I'm simultaneously a white boy and a bunch of white women?
06-20-2009 at 10:20 AM
NiroZ
Well we've never quite figured out your gender...
06-20-2009 at 11:11 AM
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
icon Re: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TWO THINGS (-1)  
His gender's pretty obvious to me, he's arrogant and pays other people out whenever he gets the chance, he sounds like a male to me.

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
06-20-2009 at 11:20 AM
NiroZ
No, there's actually a topic about Banjooies gender. I'll see if I can find it.
06-20-2009 at 12:10 PM
Insane
I'd hazard a guess at male.
06-20-2009 at 01:11 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
This is how this thread looks in my mind:

Banjooie: Hey guys, the insult levels on the forum are at an all time low.
NiroZ: Your mother!

Keep up the good work, people.

[Last edited by Maurog at 06-20-2009 10:29 PM : english woes]
06-20-2009 at 02:43 PM
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
Maurog wrote:
Banjooie: Hey guys, the insult levels on the forum are at an all time low.
NiroZ: Your mother!

You're not wrong...

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
06-20-2009 at 03:18 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TWO THINGS (and it is better than these other threads.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com