Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Imperative show/hide own stat changes
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Imperative show/hide own stat changes (+1)  
And change "Imperative Show/hide stat changes" to "Imperative Show/hide player stat changes."

My opinion is that something like an enemy changing stats is pretty important information, and it must be sufficiently relayed to the player. Another reason it's important is if you were to simulate a battle between two NPCs as part of storyline. Much to my surprise, not even Set var _MyHP minus something displays a message! Battles don't feel quite the same when you don't see HP dropping...

The text color for an enemy taking damage is lighter and less saturated than that for the player taking damage. I think the same pattern could be followed for the other stats as well. Light green for HP+, light purple for Def-, slightly lighter for Def+, etc.

I'd like to script an NPC enemy that can collect items...

04-17-2009 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Imperative show/hide own stat changes
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com