Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.1.0.54 Patch (Windows) (30 October 2008)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
IP: Logged
icon 1.1.0.54 Patch (Windows) (0)  
I've knocked off the reported bugs, a few of them relevant to CaravelNet scoring, others affecting game mechanics, and various crash fixes. I've released a 1.0.2 patch with the fixes listed below under "1.0.2" that people can start using right away. The only reason I'm not posting this on the Downloads page yet is because I don't want to inundate everyone with a bunch of patches, but people who want to help verify these bugs are fixed, or take advantage of the fixes right away, may install this patch.

I've also posted a 1.1 RC build in a post below with all bug fixes listed here under "1.1". It should be stable, but it introduces new functionality that needs to be tested before a general release.

1.1 Full/demo install changes:
! Graphics: several game element sprites have been upgraded (thanks, trick!) (1.1 demo/full install only)
...plus all 1.1 patch changes listed below

Changes to the official TT hold: (in 1.1 demo/full installers only)
+ Added an autosave checkpoint in each level from Rule 3 on.
+ Upgraded treasure chest and machine graphics (thanks, trick!)
! Tweaked first secret room to be worthwhile.
* Rule 5: belated boss fight (after entering Rule 6) now won't give you a score.
* Rule 6: Fixed boss speech bug.
* Flair:4N -- Fixed infinite loop when double-paying merchants.
* Homeland: fixed 3% stat boost bug. Now HP is always reset to 500 at start of level, and if you have the Pocket Roach, it will be removed in the first room. Fixed monsters not always showing in 2N. Now 'Neather closes a door behind himself in the sword room, preventing you to presume the red herring of a (hidden) room in that direction. Fixed overlapping music.
+ TUTORIAL: Added a room to explain more about deterministic combat and the general puzzle nature of the game.

1.1 Patch changes:
+ Now saved games will record your entire move sequence for maintaining proper score verification on the server. This information will be saved in a new .dat file, and won't require upgrading your existing .dats. However, you need to start a new game for this functionality to work for score uploads.
+ Minimap: now right-clicking will mark a room White before the other three color options.
! Mirrors: may now be pushed along the top of closed doors.
! Warp token and wall-walking accessories: now allow movement to closed doors from on top of closed doors.
! Now combat won't stop automatically if you reach a state where the enemy can harm you, but you can't harm it. The end result typically will be your death.
* Make Global Imperative: is not supported in saved games outside of custom NPC default scripts. Added warning of this to the documentation and now the "Make global" option is not available outside of default script editing, and cannot be pasted into a local NPC script.
* Flying entities: now can't depress pressure plates, as designed.
* Seep: Fixed weirdness/crash when a seep is fought at the same time its livable terrain is removed (e.g. located on a crumbly wall that gets broken by a sword hit).
* Combat: Fixed hang when fighting an enemy and neither party can do damage. Fixed combat inconsistency related to combat speed when no damage can be done.
* Custom inventory: now custom NPCs functioning as inventory don't have their ATK/DEF stats reset on game load.
* Minimap room display: fixed crash when changing app focus and returning. Fixed dark colors on marked rooms when re-entering a level.
* Editor placement logic fixes: orbs, bombs, and mirrors.
* Room editor: cut/copy-and-pasting of orbs now doesn't cause non-yellow door associations to be lost.
* Scripting: now Build and Generate Entity won't let random badness happen when you feed the command invalid parameter values.
* Mouse-click pathmapping: fixed path-mapping getting stuck near large monsters. Now pathmapping works better when the destination is stairs.
* NPC swords: custom swords wielded by NPCs are now properly displayed.
* Now no sleeping during combat.
* Burning fuses: now their graphic doesn't stop burning while in the middle of combat.
* Display: now fighting entities that jitter outside of the room area while a light is shining on them won't cause assertion errors.

! Now stat changes and enemy engagements while quick back-tracking will halt movement.
! Movement: Now you can step onto closed doors when coming from a wall tile.
! Grappling hook: now can grapple across pit/water from atop a raised door to another raised door.
* Saving game: now properly stores the state of hold vars at the start of the room.
* Room editor: room rotation now rotates region-affecting script commands properly.
* Hold Management Screen: Fixed a crash.
* NPC script UI: "Set Var" -- fixed old numeric values in the operand after changing it to use variables/expressions.
* Fixed scripted enemy hang: now negative enemy HP are not allowed.
* Custom NPC equipment: Fixed "Wait for Player to Touch Me" activating at tile (0,0). Fixed weirdness with "Appear" commands.
* Disarm token: now doesn't disarm certain sworded enemies.
* Default script editing: pressing ESC caused crash and other weirdness.
* Script editing: pasting commands with Ctrl-V now won't cause label command destinations to be lost.
* Player role: sword is now properly displayed when in a Brain/Antlion role.
* Vision token: now effect persists when re-entering a room with an activated vision token.
* Temporary room display: clicking on the room to dismiss it now won't cause the player to move.
* Level map: after picking one up and dying, the minimap display now correctly reverts to the unmapped state.
* Room editor: flying monsters couldn't be placed on open doors; cut-and-pasting a platform now doesn't cause beeps.
* City 1x1 Bookcase fix. Sworded NPC Surprised from behind graphical fix.

* (introduced in build 48) Fixed invisibility potion bug: monsters still obstacles when invisible.

* Score checkpoints: ATK+DEF scores were not being set correctly for CaravelNet score lists. You must re-activate score points using this build and upload these scores to have these stats correctly displayed on the high-score list (being put up soon).
* Total move count/time: Was being set incorrectly on move undo.
* Stats: now are clamped when exceeding min/max values.
* Grappling hook: now can jump onto tunnels and power-up items.
* Bridges falling: now you don't die if you fall into water and can swim.
* Invisibility: now can't move onto seep on walls when invisible.
* Script var text: newline var wasn't working.
* Script: "Face Direction" now doesn't wait till the next turn to execute when the NPC just disappeared.
* Minor graphic and UI fixes.
* [Linux] Ambient sound loop flag was reversed.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-23-2009 06:02 PM]
09-26-2008 at 05:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: 1.0.2.48 Patch (Windows) (0)  
mrimer wrote:
* Invisibility: now can't move onto seep on walls when invisible.

You now can't move onto *any* monster while invisible, I'm afraid.
09-26-2008 at 08:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
icon Re: 1.0.2.48 Patch (Windows) (0)  
Yahoo!

New Patch to DROD RPG! :D

It is fun to see what is added/fixed. ;)
09-26-2008 at 11:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: 1.0.2.49 Patch (Windows) (+1)  
I've fixed up about 20 more reported bugs and attached a new patch above.

This patch fixes the invisibility bug introduced in build 48 and includes fixes for several game logic bugs, including saved game bugs affecting hold vars (e.g. for the machines in Tendry's Tale and custom equipment in some user-made holds).

Next things to work on:
* Fix the few remaining bugs.
* Augment saved game data to allow full play sequence verification on the CaravelNet server.
* Release version 1.1 with this addition and the fixed TT hold.
* Submit DROD RPG to IGF by the end of the month.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-13-2008 04:56 AM]
10-13-2008 at 04:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: 1.1.0.50 Patch (Windows) (+1)  
A patch candidate for version 1.1 is out! This patch adds some new features and should fix all* reported bugs (see changelog in first post). The official 1.1 release is planned to occur by Nov. 1, when we will submit DROD RPG to IGF. As usual, if you encounter any bugs, please report them right away so they can be fixed asap. Thanks for your help! Until then, I'm going to leave the 1.0.2 patch up on the top post just in case, and you can use it to downgrade if needed.

I'm not going to upgrade the data format version # for 1.1 so people aren't forced to patch to 1.1 if they don't want to in order to play holds made in 1.1. However, there should be no reason not to upgrade once we have a general release and I'd strongly recommend it, as it fixes many game logic bugs that made some holds in progress unplayable.

Version 1.1 adds support for full score validation on CaravelNet. A new data file, savemoves.dat, will be created automatically for this purpose. Upgrading your .dat files, like we did for TCB 3.1, won't be necessary. You shouldn't need to do anything special to upgrade besides running the attached patch installer, and downgrading should work too.

Upgrading to 1.1 is required to get validated scores up on CaravelNet. After upgrading to 1.1, you'll need to begin a new game session in order to create saved game data that can be validated for correctness. From this point, the game will record all moves you make, and this move sequence will be upgraded to CaravelNet for validation. This will enable us to ensure listed scores are accurate, unhackable, and they can be re-checked whenever bug fixes or hold modifications get made. Saved games for game sessions started before installing 1.1 will be listed with a "?" by their name on the Restore Screen, indicating these games cannot be validated for accuracy.

-----------

*except for the known shadow bug that won't be fixed for now

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-26-2008 02:38 AM]
10-26-2008 at 02:33 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: 1.1.0.50 Patch (Windows) (0)  
mrimer wrote:
As well as all scripting fixes that would have to be done in the official hold file - right? Or did you figure out a way to patch that without having to reinstall the game for DROD RPG?

np: New Order - Turn My Way (Get Ready)

10-26-2008 at 10:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: 1.1.0.50 Patch (Windows) (0)  
Briareos wrote:
mrimer wrote:
As well as all scripting fixes that would have to be done in the official hold file - right? Or did you figure out a way to patch that without having to reinstall the game for DROD RPG?
I'm glad you asked. Yes, changes to the graphics and official hold are not included in the patch. In a couple days, assuming I get a chance to hear back from early adopters of the 1.1 patch that everything appears in order, I plan to prepare and release new 1.1 demo+full installs that will include fixed TT demo+full holds and several updated graphic tiles (16 elements at present count). So, for people wanting to start over in TT for CaravelNet scoring, I'd recommend waiting until the new hold is available in a couple days.

If registered DROD RPG players don't have a still-active CaravelNet subscription or bonus month, then I'll extend that time for anyone who asks (just PM me) so you can download the new full 1.1 installer from the CaravelNet Downloads page as soon as it's available.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-27-2008 01:52 AM]
10-27-2008 at 01:50 AM
mrimer
icon 1.1.0.51 Patch (Windows) (0)  
New 1.1.0.51 patch with the following fix:
* Custom inventory: now custom NPCs functioning as inventory don't have their ATK/DEF stats reset on game load.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-30-2008 01:02 AM]
10-29-2008 at 01:31 PM
mrimer
icon 1.1.0.53 Patch (Windows) (+1)  
1.1.0.52 patch fixes:
* Room editor: cut/copy-and-pasting of orbs now doesn't cause non-yellow door associations to be lost. Now pressure plates aren't allowed to be placed under orbs (as in TCB).
* Briar and lit fuse: Now doesn't cause an assertion failure.
* Burning fuses: now their graphic doesn't stop burning while in the middle of combat.

1.1.0.53 patch fixes:
! Now player pathing won't avoid fuse pieces unless they will light.
* Door locking: wouldn't break fuses or briar when no roots were in the room.
* Building water: bank around new water is now drawn immediately.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-30-2008 03:20 AM]
10-30-2008 at 01:02 AM
mrimer
icon Re: 1.1.0.54 Patch (Windows) (0)  
1.1.0.54 patch fixes:
* Display: now fighting entities that jitter outside of the room area while a light is shining on them won't cause assertion errors.

Thanks, everyone, for your help testing! I'd say we have a pretty solid build now, with no known bugs at present. I'm going to post official 1.1 builds with updated graphics and fixes to the TT hold on the Downloads page now. We're going to submit this build to the IGF!

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-31-2008 01:39 AM]
10-31-2008 at 12:19 AM
moldar
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 54
Its things like this that make my heart go *squee*!

Nice job, Mike!

Good luck with IGF!
10-31-2008 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: 1.1.0.54 Patch (Windows) (+1)  
The new graphics are very *very* nice. I especially like the keys, which really did need that makeover.

If there's one minor nit to pick, it's that Tendry needs a shadow. Without one, he looks like he's pasted on to the screen in comparison to the other characters he interacts with, even if he does have rather nice detail now. (Though this is really only obvious when he's swordless and facing in a southerly direction)

EDIT: Another minor nit: the new Power Gems take a bit of a glance to identify them, especially if they're sitting around brains. Shield Gems don't have this problem due to their color and nice highlight, but the Power Gems don't seem quite as well defined. Maybe that's just me though....

But overall, very happy with the patch. (Surprised that Greckle Gates didn't get a touchup with all the little tweaks around, but no matter.)

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 10-31-2008 02:34 AM]
10-31-2008 at 02:27 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
TFMurphy wrote:
Tendry needs a shadow.
You're right. This is actually rather glaring. I'll try to fix things up a bit and hope there's time for Mike to do another build before the IGF deadline. And I completely forgot about those greckle gates, too.. :nugget

Anyway, we're not done touching up the gfx yet. IGF or not, this is just the beginning :)
10-31-2008 at 09:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I took a look at the graphics from the demo by making a new folder, and they are nice! :)

One thing, though... is there a way for me to get these graphics to my full version? Because I don't see a full version for DROD RPG anywhere on the Caravel Games Community Site, and I have CaravelNet.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

10-31-2008 at 08:33 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
I took a look at the graphics from the demo by making a new folder, and they are nice! :)

One thing, though... is there a way for me to get these graphics to my full version? Because I don't see a full version for DROD RPG anywhere on the Caravel Games Community Site, and I have CaravelNet.

Click the "downloads" link on the top of the forums, and look for it on the list.

10-31-2008 at 08:49 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
As Eytan said, the usual download location should work if the game has been linked to your account.

You're looking for the following:
DROD RPG v1.1.0.54 (Windows), 95Mb download

And yeah, very nice graphic changes. The shields in particular were improved a lot.
10-31-2008 at 08:51 PM
Jeff_Ray...
How would I link the game to the site? Besides, I tried the Download link, but I don't see DROD RPG there.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

10-31-2008 at 09:19 PM
eytanz
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
How would I link the game to the site? Besides, I tried the Download link, but I don't see DROD RPG there.

It sounds like your purchase wasn't properly associated with your account. Send an email to support@caravelnet.com with as many details about your purchase as you have and they'll fix it for you.

10-31-2008 at 09:29 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Maybe I'm just unobservant, but what exactly are the graphics changes? Are there new ones, or are these just refined old ones? Or maybe I fail at patch install?

10-31-2008 at 10:10 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Make sure you've downloaded the full game again, not just the patch. (If there even is a regular patch)
10-31-2008 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
So is this going to require player export -> uninstall -> reinstall -> player import? Or will running setup over my existing installation upgrade the graphics?

10-31-2008 at 10:27 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
RoboBob3000 wrote:
So is this going to require player export -> uninstall -> reinstall -> player import? Or will running setup over my existing installation upgrade the graphics?
I think backup -> "over"-install should answer that question... :)

(But yes, it should do it...)

np: Vladislav Delay - Ele (Entain)

[Last edited by Briareos at 11-01-2008 09:34 AM]
11-01-2008 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Maybe this has something to with the way I phrase my questions, but it seems that whenever I ask "is it A or B", I always get the answer "yes".

I'll just try this out for my own. I appreciate the help.

11-01-2008 at 12:59 AM
eytanz
At least on my computer, re-running the full install over the old install kept all my player data.

11-01-2008 at 10:39 AM
mrimer
eytanz wrote:
At least on my computer, re-running the full install over the old install kept all my player data.
Right. You won't lose any player data by installing 1.1 over your current install. It won't touch your player .dat files at all. It only gives you a new version of drodrpg1_0.dat. For games you've already started in the TT hold, you won't notice any room changes (i.e. none of the hold fixes) for rooms you've already explored in your saved game (as usual, when upgrading a hold). To see the hold fixes listed on the patch page, you'll have to revert to a saved game before exploring the room with the change in question. I'd recommend starting from the very beginning so you can start making saved games that can be validated on CaravelNet.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-01-2008 04:18 PM]
11-01-2008 at 04:11 PM
Jeff_Ray...
eytanz wrote:
Jeff_Ray... wrote:

It sounds like your purchase wasn't properly associated with your account. Send an email to support@caravelnet.com with as many details about your purchase as you have and they'll fix it for you.

Well, what type of details would be necessary? Besides, I didn't buy the game, my father did. Which means I have no idea what was used for the purchase. Isn't there any other alternative?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-01-2008 at 09:35 PM
slimm tom
Send Support an email with the email address you (or your father) used to purchase the game, and you should be all right. Order number is good too, if you or your dad can access the emails you received when buying the game.
11-01-2008 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
slimm tom
I've replied, so you should have received instructions on how to download your game now.
11-02-2008 at 08:31 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Works! :D Thanks for your help!

~Jeff_Ray...

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-02-2008 at 01:19 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Wow! These new graphics are amazing! :thumbsup

One thing though: stalwart perfect graphics look... well... strange among all those other monsters with old graphics. Can we expact some more new graphics in the future? :unsure

If yes, then it would be perfect.
11-02-2008 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.1.0.54 Patch (Windows) (30 October 2008)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com