Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Monster Idea (Daleks)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nillo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged
icon Re: Monster Idea (0)  
So the piles would be very slow explosions?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-24-2004 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 117
will they explode another bug if it's next to it
02-24-2004 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
No, the piles would be piles. But they'd disappear after 30 turns becase they decay, or get eaten, or whatever. And no, they won't kill adjacent bugs. They only kill daleks/turtles/whatever we call them, and said daleks need to move into the pile.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
02-24-2004 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nillo
Imagine they were landmine turtles. Two of them collide, BANG! Only a pile remains. Can you then explain why walking into the remaining pile would be deadly? And only for other turtles?

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
02-24-2004 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
It's because of the shells. See, they'll decay but it takes a while. The shell shrapnel is razor-sharp and will trip up anything that walks along it after shredding it(many shards are tall). So, snakes can't crawl, and wraithwings can't fly. But turtles are too stupid, and crawl along into it and explode because of the rough terrain(nasty bumps).

~joker5

02-24-2004 at 08:32 PM
Nillo
Man, that was a perfect explanation. Just one question: Do they avoid each other and piles if they are controlled by a brain?

02-24-2004 at 08:36 PM
joker5
Depends; do roaches avoid each other when brained? Piles I don't think 'cause they don't count as monsters, but rather items. But they probably hit other turtles. After all, brains send serpents down passages blocked by babies.

~joker5

02-25-2004 at 12:04 AM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
Uh or what about we call them, like SUICIDE BOMBERS or something like that, and they look like red Beethros with big black things in their hands :|

The best hold in the world!
02-29-2004 at 04:58 AM
Nillo
Maybe "Beheaded Kamikaze" like those in Serious Sam? :)
That has always been my favorite enemy in that game.

02-29-2004 at 11:53 AM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
If you want suicide bombers, go to "Goblin's Ponies" or something like that on this board.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
02-29-2004 at 01:52 PM
joker5
Goblin's Donkeys.

And Serious sam was fun.

It was no Quake, but it was fun.

Besides, suicide bombs would have more blast radius.

~joker5

02-29-2004 at 03:26 PM
Brickman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
I like the idea, with golems as the sprite. I personally think that they should not be affected at all by your sword, and the piles should deteriorate oon spawn cycle. Maybe they could crash into other enemies too.
And a mage enemy that could make one golem per cycle to the side which is the same direction as beethro. Spawning more would be pointless, they'd never make it past two steps.
07-07-2004 at 10:35 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Monster Idea (Daleks)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com