Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tests of Information (Storyline Hold)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon Re: Tests of Information (0)  
Some do, but Level one is supposed to be a very basic level for getting you started. Level two will be a better scrap of roach queen rooms.

You know, 20 puzzle levels is good enough, and I shouldn't give myself a time limit. I'm just estimating the level making time, which at the rate later, should be an estimated 5-6 months.

Oh, I fixed the copyright problem. I'm working on level two right now and should get it out by the end of the day or maybe even tomorrow.

05-17-2008 at 06:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 371
My comments:
Upper Caves
Once South: Delver moves with Forbid Turning.
Once East: 'Exit Level' is turned on.
Resting Facility
Quince North: Again, 'Exit Level' is turned on.
Waiting Room
The Entrance: The guy opens the door, then asks 'Are you ready?'. He must wait 1 turn after the speech.
Once North: And again, 'Exit Level' is turned on.
First Level
Once North, Twice East: I killed all roaches easily, then realised that the broken wall can make it easier. And you don't need the passage with force arrows (it can be replaced by the wall).

And my question:
How to solve 1S1E, 1S2E and
Click here to view the secret text

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):

05-17-2008 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rman
mxvladi wrote:
About 3N - I can say that you need to drop all trapdoors' ways. In the following order:

- Left pair of ways;

Then the roach get stuck!
Actually, help for 1S1E and 1S2E is needed more.

05-17-2008 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rman
mxvladi wrote:
rman, please say when you downloaded all demos. I'll delete them then.

Thanks, I downloaded all the demos. You can delete them. And your last post. ;)

05-18-2008 at 06:59 PM
Mr. Slice
The hold is updated! A good deal of level two is done! Also, I have added to the hold a Room of Accreditation. There is only one Thanks To: person in there, but more will be added as the hold progresses.

The only reason that the second level isn't done yet, is because:

1. I would like to save my data now before I could lose it.
2. It looks like some really bad weather is rolling in and I don't want to run the risk of losing huge amounts of data to it.

Oh well. If you want to now what the really bad weather is, it's dark storm clouds rolling in and the wind getting worse and worse. It also just started raining a bit and there was a bit of lighting out there. For those of you who don't quite understand why I fear this, a sentence: Deadly Tornadoes of Doom.

05-23-2008 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 231
When returning from The room of Accreditation, beetro's haven't got a sword. I can't break the crumbly wall.

05-24-2008 at 11:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 231
Where's the second level? 1st level stairs lead to "end hold".

05-24-2008 at 11:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
When you return from the room, stepping on the highlighted space should give you your sword back. If it doesn't, well...

05-24-2008 at 05:27 PM
Mr. Slice
Vike91 wrote:
When returning from The room of Accreditation, beetro's haven't got a sword. I can't break the crumbly wall.
Sorry, I didn't think there were so many posts from there to here.

05-24-2008 at 05:46 PM
Mr. Slice
mxvladi wrote:
Still steal ideas from "Imperial Wandering"? I realise that you didn't copy-paste it, but it does your hold a lot worse. :?

Don't do it more, please. And I hope "Mastery level" is the last thing you took from "Imperial Wandering".

EDIT: And want some funny thing? If you took it from "Imperial Wandering", then you did it bad. Because after I returned from 2E from 1S 2E, I managed to kill SEEp and get to passages from 2E! :D

See how Chaco did there, if you still want to continue taking his ideas.
Did you download the newest version? I edited that so you couldn't do that. Meanwhile, I will change so many things about it (like the name, which I've already done) to make it look like I didn't copy it! I don't want to be killed by Chaco clones because of this.

Also, I have seen a secret room that you have made. That harder version of the secret room, I don't know how to kill the roach queen at the horizontal burning spaces. I'd check it more now, but I have to pack my friends stuff up into a bag now.

05-24-2008 at 05:50 PM
Mr. Slice
I saw it. I'm done packing the bag, so I had some free time to finish Level Two. Not only is level 2 done, but I've also redid Concourse of Masters (the master level) to make it not look so much like the master level in Imperial Wandering. I also added the secret rooms (thanks, mxvladi!) to the second level. Finally, the scrolls telling where the secret rooms are have been updated.

Check it out in the first post!

EDIT: I've also fixed the no turning delver person on the other side of the cliff. And since the Room of Accreditation contains all the credit to people, I've removed the room and the secret wall in Upper Caves.

[Last edited by Mr. Slice at 05-24-2008 07:03 PM]
05-24-2008 at 06:59 PM
hartleyhair
Rank Points: 307
icon Re: Tests of Information (+1)  
Mr. Slice wrote:
Meanwhile, I will change so many things about it (like the name, which I've already done) to make it look like I didn't copy it!

Just because you might not get caught, doesn't make it right. Frankly, if you can't have your own ideas and be able to make a Hold without stealing from someone else's, why are you making Holds at all?

You're a good architect, and you're more than capable of making good Holds without taking rooms from other Holds. So don't.

05-24-2008 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
True. I didn't copy it, but I really loved the idea. But now, I've changed the room layout to not look like a copied it. Sure I didn't copy it, but like you said, it doesn't make it right. I wouldn't be able to think of a much better one, so I just made the room look a bit like and and (recently) I've changed the layout of it to make it a bit more interesting. That's all I did!

Also, the reason I'm making holds is so that I can make people happy with my work. Variations of rooms that pleased people should still please people, maybe even more so because of a more interesting variation. That's the only reason I make holds.

Well, I'm done with rambling on about this and that. I want a variation of really good rooms. That's all.

05-24-2008 at 08:39 PM
Mr. Slice
Thank you mxvladi. Meanwhile, I'd like to say that the hold has been updated partially. I've included mxvladi's harder version of 1N 4W, as well as another secret room! (oh man!)

EDIT: Heh, I should probably put the updated file into the first post! :)

Oh, and I also forgot to mention that I've slightly adjusted the architecture in Concourse of Masters where you go to the Room of Accreditation.

[Last edited by Mr. Slice at 05-27-2008 06:26 AM]
05-27-2008 at 05:04 AM
Mr. Slice
That would be good. It would definitely give the credit of the room to them.

05-27-2008 at 03:13 PM
Mr. Slice
After checking your signature statistics, I don't think that you have seen the infamous 6th level of KDD. The third level is a bit like that, in which six pathways eventually get to puzzles that get a step harder and harder. I only have one of the puzzle chains complete, but I'd have to say it's pretty good.

Oh, and the third level is essentially a free-for-all in difficulty and elements. Roaches and snakes with hot tiles in one, rock golems and aumtlichs with briar in another. Don't worry about it.

05-28-2008 at 06:11 PM
Mr. Slice
I got level 3 totally done, and there will be no secrets planed in the level, so, the architecture is complete!

(You'll find it in the first post)

05-31-2008 at 05:39 AM
Mr. Slice
mxvladi wrote:
Also, please tell me what's the theme of fourth level - I must prepare. ;)

And I solved eastern part and south-eastern part. May say that eastern wasn't difficult, but south-eastern... pretty difficult. Manipulating guard to kill tarries and muddies was very-very difficult and a bit tedious.
I was thinking of guard puzzles.

(This is for second paragraph)
Really? There's an entire hold like that about maneuvering creatures to do your dirty work. I found some of the hold's puzzles fun and inspiring.

05-31-2008 at 04:53 PM
Mr. Slice
You found something! I have updated it in the first post.

05-31-2008 at 05:06 PM
Mr. Slice
1N 2E is very solvable. Also, I'm just making a harder and harder copy of the previous rooms and trapdoors are required in both 1N 3E as well as 1N 2E and 1E.

If you want, I can give you a demo.

EDIT: There is no master wall yet, and you can't kill the seep (while in game) from the other side. I suppose you could play in the editor. I'll get some rooms in there, and that will be in Version F, along with the fourth level. In F version, don't expect the Master Level to be complete, just a few more rooms with be filled.

[Last edited by Mr. Slice at 05-31-2008 05:36 PM]
05-31-2008 at 05:33 PM
Mr. Slice

File: ToI Third Level 1N2W Victory.demo (1.6 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
License: Public Domain
mxvladi wrote:
Mr. Slice wrote:
There is no master wall yet, and you can't kill the seep (while in game) from the other side. I suppose you could play in the editor. I'll get some rooms in there, and that will be in Version F, along with the fourth level. In F version, don't expect the Master Level to be complete, just a few more rooms with be filled.

Yes, I know, I just want to help. I have some nice puzzle to be filled in(idea of 1N 1W, with giant and difficult).

Still, if you want, I may attach it. You'll take a look at it(and try to solve ;) ) and say me your opinion.

That would be good. I have also attached the demo here.

05-31-2008 at 06:06 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tests of Information (Storyline Hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com