Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Deleting threads
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
IP: Logged
icon Re: Deleting threads (+1)  
Indeed. And if we could get a timestamp on deletion, just so the admins know if replies were generated before or after the deletion. If before, leave them be. If after, knock them out of contention. That way, there's a non-subjective way to completely annihilate threads.

02-02-2008 at 01:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Karipto
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 79
icon Re: Deleting threads (+2)  
As a person who has deleted all of his posts in the past, I thought it might be a good idea to explain the reasoning behind my decision.

You may or may not remember my topic "Best way to destroy video games...?" from several months back. During this point in my life, I was (and still am, actually) going through some hard times in regards to spiritual matters. At the time, I thought it would be a good idea to destroy my video games (an opinion which has since changed). People posted their opinions on the matter, one or two of them more or less mocking me (at least, that's how I perceived it - don't know whether or not this was the case, but it sure felt like it) - but that is not why I deleted that topic.

The primary reason why I ended up deleting that topic was because sometime after I had said I was leaving, someone decided to blatantly attempt to turn the topic into a joke topic, and somewhat succeeded (I decided to check up on the topic again, despite my earlier statement). To me, this was basically a way of others indirectly saying that my situation was one big joke, and this was their attempt to try and make it "worthwhile". I did not delete that topic to try and get rid of everyone's opinions, although I can certainly see how people might think otherwise. Nor was I jealous that people were no longer discussing the purpose for which I created that topic, although again, I can see how one might come to that conclusion.

Now, the explanation for deleting my other posts. Truthfully, I have no good reason for why I did that. At the time, I didn't want a reason to return to the DROD community (especially after the events described above), so I deleted all my posts in an attempt to forget about DROD, which I obviously have not. ;) My reasoning was, "Even if I do want to return to DROD at some point in the future, this will help prevent me from becoming involved again." Flawed logic, to be sure, but I still went through with it.

For the most part, I don't really miss most of my posts. I still wish I had kept them all, "pointless" though a lot of them were. Not only that, it disrupts the flow of the conversation for other members in topics where I had previously posted.

My deepest apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced or angry with me about my decision. I truly wish I had not made such a decision.
03-05-2008 at 03:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Deleting threads (0)  
Welcome back :)

(recently I've had this feeling we need a "Welcome Back" smilie)
03-05-2008 at 04:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mr. Slice
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 140
Oh, this one could be qualified as a welcome back, but it's not exactly. :hi

03-05-2008 at 05:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459

File: hi.gif (2.3 KB)
Downloaded 360 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Deleting threads (+3)  
Well, duh. If that's "Welcome", then "Welcome back" is .

[Last edited by Tahnan at 03-06-2008 09:22 PM]
03-06-2008 at 09:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tahnan wrote:
Looks more like "Goodbye" to me... ;)

np: The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld: Peel Session (Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld Deluxe Edition (Disc 3))

03-06-2008 at 10:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Briareos wrote:
np: The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld: Peel Session (Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld Deluxe Edition (Disc 3))
:lol If this keeps up we'll need to make a rule about posts having to be longer than silly macros.

03-06-2008 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Tahnan wrote:
:lol
03-07-2008 at 03:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Deleting threads
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No