Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Donating Smitemaster's Credits?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged
icon Donating Smitemaster's Credits? (+3)  
I was just looking at my purchases tab, and I saw that I have eight smitemaster's selection credits. That just feels like too many, especially with the long lull since the last SS. Would it be possible and cool with Erik if I were to offer lets say four of these to various newer players?

I don't have anyone in mind yet for any beyond the first one, but if I get the OK, I would very much be using Erik's model of "don't ask and you shall recieve", so anyone who DOESN'T want them, remember to ask now.

01-11-2008 at 08:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Donating Smitemaster's Credits? (0)  
Beef Row wrote:
[S]o anyone who DOESN'T want them, remember to ask now.

Gimme. (Hey, I've got nine, so.)

I think it's a pretty good idea to help deplete our hoard of download credits; I know I'd like to buy a couple extra selections to give to friends, especially Perfection.
01-11-2008 at 09:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Beef Row wrote:
Would it be possible and cool with Erik if I were to offer lets say four of these to various newer players?
How will you determine which newer players to give them to? It's pointless giving the credits to a genuine newbie, as there's no guarantee they'll be around long enough to play them. They'd need to be given to someone who's newish, is enjoying the game, and wants more.

01-11-2008 at 11:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
calamarain wrote:
Beef Row wrote:
Would it be possible and cool with Erik if I were to offer lets say four of these to various newer players?
How will you determine which newer players to give them to? It's pointless giving the credits to a genuine newbie, as there's no guarantee they'll be around long enough to play them. They'd need to be given to someone who's newish, is enjoying the game, and wants more.

Well, you put what I plan to do pretty well, actually. I'm going to watch for people who show enthusiasm about the game, make good posts, etc. I figure it'll give them some enjoyment and encourage them to stick around. I'm not going to rule out 'genuine' newbies though, as long as they're showing these good traits and I feel like they'll be around for a while.

01-11-2008 at 05:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Another issue that was brought up a while back that I don't think has been addressed yet is whether people's accounts show that they have more credits than they should.

My account shows 5 credits, but I didn't buy any specifically. Maybe they came along with caravelnet purchases or maybe they are in error.
01-11-2008 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Donating Smitemaster's Credits? (+1)  
All displayed credits should be 'as designed' now. Back when CaravelGames decided to untie CaravelNet & the selections, they gave all current CaravelNet holders one SmS credit per season of CaravelNet. So, I'd assume you had around 15 months of CaravelNet left at that point, hence the five credits.

Back in the days of the great inflation, some people had around fifteen or twenty credits, which was a little bit too much. That bug has been squashed dead since then.
01-11-2008 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Sorry to just simply bump, but I'm still hoping for an answer to whether this kind of donation would be ok, and if it is how I'd do it. Also, if anyone knows which staff email would be appropriate, I may just try to get feedback that way, so any suggestions on that?

01-19-2008 at 03:23 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
The catch-all address here is support@caravelgames.com - unless you need to talk to a Caravel person directly, it's best to just send it to support.

I would need to pester Schik, and he's on holidays so things wouldn't move, but I don't see any reason why you can't give your credits to other people if you haven't redeemed them yet. Will need to confirm with others, and I doubt we'll be able to do anything until Schik gets back on the 27th.

01-20-2008 at 06:58 AM
Beef Row
Mattcrampy wrote:
I would need to pester Schik, and he's on holidays so things wouldn't move, but I don't see any reason why you can't give your credits to other people if you haven't redeemed them yet. Will need to confirm with others, and I doubt we'll be able to do anything until Schik gets back on the 27th.

Alright, thanks for the response. Waiting is fine now that I know someone from Caravel has seen this, I was just worried that it had kinda of slipped by.

01-20-2008 at 07:05 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
This is a great idea! Any transaction of transferring SmS credits can work like this...

E-mail support@caravelgames.com with the following information:
* The name of your CaravelNet account.
* The name of the recipient CaravelNet account.
* The number of credits to transfer.

We will send an e-mail to the address on file with your account to verify the transfer is legitimate. If you can't be reached at that address, then we won't do the transfer.

Please don't try to think of some clever way to game this little system. I'm sure there is some way to do it. I have always relied on the kindness of strangers.

-Erik

02-15-2008 at 02:47 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vinheim
Rank Points: 300
calamarain wrote:
Beef Row wrote:

Hi, my name's Daniel. I'm newish, enjoying the game and want more. Just saying.
02-15-2008 at 09:01 AM
Beef Row
vinheim wrote:
Hi, my name's Daniel. I'm newish, enjoying the game and want more. Just saying.

Hi Daniel. I did post saying asking would be the best way to make sure you don't get one.

So sorry, looks like you're not it. I gotta stand by the rule or a bunch of people would ask.

Everyone else, please don't post here asking about this, I'll be thinking things over and contacting people individually.

02-15-2008 at 11:24 AM
vinheim
Rank Points: 300
Sorry, being sarcastic, thats why I said 'just saying' as if I'm introducing myself. :P
02-16-2008 at 06:01 AM
Beef Row
vinheim wrote:
Sorry, being sarcastic, thats why I said 'just saying' as if I'm introducing myself. :P

Oh. [sarcasm]Maybe it needed a [sarcasm] tag[/sarcasm]

02-16-2008 at 07:50 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Donating Smitemaster's Credits?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com