Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Inside The Caravel Building
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (+2)  
DAY 3
---
The sun shone… wait, it actually didn’t shine on this third day in the Caravel Building. The sky was gloomy and dark, and covered in rain clouds, threatening to burst in a thousand pieces of water droplets. No one was outside, since there were chances of thunderstorm.

I woke up rather early. techant was still asleep, so I closed my small lamp light which was left open for the whole night, and went to look at the window. I saw the rather dark atmosphere. It was still night, but daytime was gaining on it. I opened the window, brought my computer chair over and let the fresh smells of the morning get to me. The times I enjoyed the most were the sunsets and rain days, the sunsets because they let out a nice shade of colors that make them pretty, and rain because it has that ‘natural’ feel to it, and it sounds so nice…

Anyhow, I walked outside the room, and I wondered what I should do… there is too much for me to do. I finally met up with techant somewhere on the first floor. I told her I was bored, and she then pointed me to the DROD Discussion area, on B-03. I went there, and looked around for an interesting area to discuss. I entered the first door on my right into the General Discussion room. I saw a huge room with a bunch of couches and people discussing subjects. I went to debate the use of Eyeball Pudding, discuss of the tale of the Living Tar, and maybe a few more.

Then, I found out about a feature requests board. It was FILLED with some of the most absurd and the most intelligent ideas for upcoming releases. There was the approbation desk, where some hired people would scan the pile of papers for potentially good ideas. Past the huge piles of ideas, there was a couch area, to discuss the ideas. That’s when I remembered about my Dungeon UFO sketch. I ran back to my room to take the sheet holding the suggestion of the UFO. I went to the room to show the new idea, and two people came to talk about it: Meckmeck, who I had met the other day, and Banjooie, a person I didn’t know of yet.
---

I plead you, give me comments!

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

02-17-2009 at 01:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
This is good stuff! I like!

Well, I have a story to share. I hope you enjoy it!

*Yes, I know Mr. Wanfried is Chaco, but the people in the building don't know that yet. I'm waiting for a good place to tell everybody about that.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
02-17-2009 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
I got a new part up! There's a plot twist in here.

---

Noon came by very quick. It was a boring day so far, and it just seemed that things would only get even more boring. Somehow, rain doesn’t to have as much charm if it doesn’t prevent you from going outside (which was the case at school). I decided to keep work on my hold. I had almost finished my level, but there was still more to see.

My quest for something pleasant led me to some sort of rather unexplainable event. I decided to go to the floor B-251, which I supposed was the ‘bottom floor’. But I was oh so wrong. I went through a newly made hallway, which leads to a bunch of stairs, down which I jumped to the next floor. What I was surprised to see was a bunch of unknown people that were working on building a tunnel deeper in the ground. I wanted to investigate, but the people didn’t allow me to go further. In fact, they had to keep me in to prevent me from telling anyone about them. But I managed to escape without them knowing. However, as I had reached the elevator for safety, the workers found out I was gone, and started to hunt me down. I went to the 9th floor, to make sure the elevator takes a while to reach them. I then take a sprint jump for the stairs, and rush down them like never before. I reached the assigned room, and locked it. techant didn’t know what was going on, so I told her about the suspicious workers. There was definitively something strange going on under our feet…

I tried to dismiss the fact, but they’ll surely be storming the ‘main floors’ by the evening. This isn’t shaping out to be good. I had to warn everyone. I went to the General Room on B-03, and I attempted to tell everyone, but they just took me for a fool that wanted attention. This wasn’t working. I had to get myself a sword, and find out what was going on. Or, I could just try to figure things out without one.

So, I set out to the catacombic depths of floor B-251. The elevator was going down to B-251, and was halfway there. There was no way to get this over with before they came over there. Luckily, there were the emergency stairs, so I rushed down them. It was a long way, though. I ran through, but when I got to B-46, I was exhausted. Luckily, this floor was one of the many relaxation floors, so I took a trip there. I took an apple juice, and set to the 251nd Basement floor after a while. But, when I got to B-129, I saw two people coming upstairs with very sharp swords.

---

What do you think? Remember that you can get your own stories on, and you can make more than one part to them! Just post it here and I'll put it for all to view on the first post!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

02-18-2009 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
icon Re: Inside The Caravel Building (0)  
I'm starting to sense that there is a conspiracy going on here. It's actually B-255 that's the bottom floor, but nobody is allowed down there except Erik. And now that there are people who are after you, I begin to wonder what is really down there...

Great story! I love conspiracies, so keep them coming!

02-18-2009 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
I had nothing in hand to flee from them, so I had to use my wits to get past them. I take a jump past the ramps of the stairs, and land a bit lower, behind the now alerted guards. The chase ensued. However, since their swords were heavy, they couldn’t do any jumps to get ahead of me or anything, so I took advantage of their reduced abilities and jumped past the ramps to get ahead. I finally reached B-251, where I am assaulted by an overwhelming number of guards clothed in red. I dodge the sword stabs skillfully, and ‘steal’ a sword from one, and I proceed to attack with it. The sword helped get an advantage on the guards. When I stab the last one, I head for the tunnel where the builders were, and I set out to go deeper in the area. I then found a worker digging a bit deeper in the area. I set out to find some answers.

“Alright, so what’s going on here?”

“Oh, I see, looking for answers, right? I won’t be providing any, to your dismay.” said the person on a very calm tone, despite the fact I had a rather threatening sword.

He turned to face me.

“This will also mark the end of your journey. Guards! Seize him!”
On these words, more guards came from deeper in the tunnel. I handled them rather well. That is, until a spooky purple clothed man came in. He had this strange thing that kept following my steps. I then remembered the Slayer from JtRH! Whatever it was that was going on, it was similar to the games… I had only one option, flee. That’s when a bunch of people came in. I recognized MeckMeck, but the others… I didn’t know them. Anyhow, they set off to drive the slayer away. They then took the strange man prisoner.

I wondered… why were they building deeper in the catacombs of the Building? Was it a plot? Did it have anything to do with the Rooted Hold? Surely… but how do we know? I’ll just ignore this. Besides, a certain smitemaster called Beethro Budkin is on the case. As of the Building… no one will know. For now.

Back to my normal life, I decide to complete the first level of my hold. Finally, when I finish, I put it on the Holds Page in ‘Incomplete’ format, so people can try it out. Too bad I was very impatient. That very thing made me start bugging people to test my hold out, which they weren’t fond of. Finally, I receive a small message in my ‘mailbox’, with some person called Jacob. After careful reading of the comments, I was surprised to know that the snakes could’ve been killed without the trapdoors in 1S1E.

I found out that there was a ‘Holds Stand’ area called Architecture, where I could promote my hold and make it easier to receive comments. Things didn’t go so well, though. I got to buy JtRH not long after, and I made Level 2 out of the Deep Spaces style. I published it. And that’s where my impatience reached it’s apex.

I was standing by at the stand, but no one would come to comment. I was annoyed, so I said, ‘Could someone please come and comment?’ Then, Oneiromancer came and told me that I should be patient, and that holds would usually take too long. I countered this with: “They want to make me mad, since they don’t comment!”

Bad move, I must say. While that didn’t do much, it didn’t make anyone happy either. Then, gamer_extreme_101 came over to tell me that deadlines and insisting weren’t the way to get my hold tested. I agreed, except in that part where he said ‘Save for those crazy SubTerra people’, but back then, I didn’t understand sarcasm much. Anyhow, the whole thing went by well. Then, Jacob came in again to tell me that my hold needed work, and agreed to gamer’s statement. Then, MeckMeck came in to give my hold a few comments. This was the last we heard of that hold. Because I had started work on something that would become an abomination because of a lack of care and bug-fixing…

CLIFFHANGER!
---

What do you think this will be about? Speculate... or don't, especially because I've been focusing a lot on the story these days. :)

Also, I'm leaving the whole tunnel conspiracy story in the dust for the time being, but it will resurface when I get to a specific period...

Comment!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

02-19-2009 at 05:00 PM
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
Hey, Jeff, very nice stories. Keep writing!

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
02-21-2009 at 05:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
(PART REMOVED BECAUSE I NEED TO MAKE SOME CONSISTENCY CORRECTIONS. Sorry, folks, but I want the story to be truly based on the dates of the events...)

We'll soon reach the end of the 2005 moment in the story! Yes, that means there'll be an Halloween part, a 'Holidays' part, a New Year's part and... of course, a Jeff_Ray's 11th birthday part. Of course, each of those will be rather big.

Remember, you can submit your parts in too! Just add it here, and I'll insert it in! Of course, you have to illustrate YOUR point of view, not mine! :)

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 02-23-2009 04:53 PM]
02-23-2009 at 04:45 PM
Jeff_Ray...
*blows dust off of topic*

It's really been over a year? Wow, I need to update this. But first...

FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL!!

Ahem. I apologize for that.

Part 1: Party Plans For Ole Jeff_Ray
---

May. What a wonderful time of year. Its rather conforting warmth and breezes bring a calming chill to the spine. Many were outside enjoying the nice sunny weather and simply chatting with one another. Some, however, preffered a secluded stay inside the building, pertaking their normal everyday activities. Jeff_Ray was amongst those.

Jeff_Ray was busy clicking on the tiles to create his latest room in Riddles Within The Below, as a few small gusts of fresh air blew in through the opened window. The now 15 year old teenager was talking to Penwielder, Fang, noma and PMIT on the built in-game chatroom.

"So, Jeff, whatcha doing?" Penwielder then asked

"I'm working on something." Jef_Ray typed in.

"What something?"

"Well... it's a surprise."

"Darn it!"

"Heh heh..."

Suddenly, the phone started ringing. He knew what was happening.

"Ok guys, I'll talk to you later, got stuff to take care of."

Jeff_Ray clicked on the icon.

"Hey BBT, you working on any levels now?" Jeff_Ray heard.

It was none other than Omega, one of the teammates of a project Jeff_Ray happened to be participating in. (For less confusion, BulletBillTime is Jeff's alternate username)

"Not quite." he typed in, "I'm somewhat caught up in things now."

"BulletBill, man... You gotta stop slacking off!"

"I know... but I'm not a fast worker, you know!"

"Well, sorry, but you're a part of this team... and you haven't done anything in weeks!"

"I'm sorry! I'll come over, ok?"

"You do that."

Jeff_Ray hung up the phone. He turned to the chatroom and typed in:

"Sorry guys, gotta jet. Later."

As the others were saying "Bye", Jeff quickly closed his computer and rushed.

Going outside of his room, he almost bumped into Chaco, who was returning from a game of golf in the Building backyard.

"Hey Jeff, what's the rush?" Chaco asked, perplexed.

"Well, I have to go to some place now. I'm in somewhat of a hurry."

"...ok, sure." Chaco dismissed, heading for the room's door.

---

Meanwhile, zonhin was sitting on the fountain, reading through some book of members in boredom.

"Geez, do they have to put in the spambots too?" zonhin sighed, "Sure, the descriptions aren't too long, but it's still a waste of both paper and my time."

"Like you have any." someone retorted as they strolled by.

"Freaking people." he muttered under his breath, turning a page. "jeffandy... Who the heck is that? Jeffrey0... he made it to Delver in 42 posts? Not impressive. Mehblehmeh... ha! Jeff_Ray! That section should be lengthy enough."

He started reading the section and stopped at the Join date.

"May 16th... 2005. Wait... wasn't that 5 years ago?"

"Heh, how long did it take you to figure THAT out?"

"Jeez, would you shut UP?!" he blurted, tossing the book at the guy, "Now, where was I? Oh yeah, the join date. Isn't that coming up in about three days?"

"Hey zonhin!" bandit1200 said as he passed by, "Whatcha talking about?"

"I think Jeff_Ray's join date anniversary is in three days!"

"Really? We need to tell people about that!" he exclaimed.

---
3 Days Before Anniversary...
---

An hour or so later, everyone was gathered in the talk room. There was CuriousShyRabbit, Chaco, zonhin, Penwielder, Lamkin, Fang and 12th Archivist, as well as a horde of otjer people.

"Alright, so we all know why we're here." CSR started.

"no i dun't" blurted out minimike98.

"Mike, we're here for the reunion on the party we're making for Jeff_Ray's 5th year at the Caravel Building. If you don't have anything useful to contribute, then leave."

"no weit i knaw i can meke a old for him" minimike suggested.

"Don't bother!" the rest of the room blurted except for a few.

minimike walked out the room, grumbling to himself.

"So... does anyone have anything to suggest?"

"We should totally use the conference room for that," Fang suggested.

"You mean the room we're using right now?" Lamkin said.

"No, this is the talk room you brainless dummy!" zonhin replied.

"Sheesh, just because I'm an eye doesn't mean you need to remind me I don't have a brain!" the evil eye pouted.

"...and then we'll have someone talk about Jeff_Ray's accomplishments and all that. Of course, we'll have cake." Fang continued.

"I CALL DIBS ON CHOCOLATE!" Penwielder shouted.

"Would you people PLEASE let me finish?" Fang snapped.

"Alright, that's enough you guys. Let Fang speak." CSR interrupted.

"Thank you Rabbit. Anyhow, there'll be cake, and some snacks served. Of course, we'll have a Mario Kart Wii tournament in his honor."

"DOWN WITH WII, GO PS3!" some random guest blurted out.

"NO, XBOX FOREVER! PS3 STINKS!" another shouted.

"Will I ever get to finish?" Fang sighed.

The two guests start beating each other up. Oneiromancer and Doom broke them up and dragged them to the exit of the building.

"So anyways... there's that... and we'd have a dance floor too."

"How do you plan to do that in the conference room?" CuriousShyRabbit asked.

"That's the room with the tables and the theater stage, right?"

"No, that's the recreational room."

"Huh... let's use that, then?" Fang said.

"Ok, then... anything else?"

"Nope... I'm done."

"These suggestions are good enough, Fang. Thank you for your participation."

Fang sat down.

"Anyone else?" CSR asked, looking around.

People looked at each other as some let out some "Nope" and "Good enough for me"

"Ok... so that's all the suggestions we have for now... not a lot to do here, to be honest."

"Hold on! I have a suggestion too!" someone said.

"I have a suggestion here!"

"No, I had one first!"

"This is going nowhere..." CSR let out, facepalming.

---

In the middle of the afternoon, a taxi cab arrived near the building, dropping off Jeff_Ray, who seemed exhausted. He paid 6 dollars to the driver, and went for his room. He lay on the bed, tired.

"Man, these guys are a real pain... thank god that's over with now."

He opened his computer and decided to check his account for the heck of it. He then saw his join date, which was almost 5 years ago.

"Holy crisps! My account's birthday is coming up! I need to do something... I know! I'll make an update to all of my holds on that day! That works!"

Jeffrey then sat on his computer and started making rooms until rather late into the evening. He then let out a yawn and decided to go to bed. He grabbed the Illumination and read it until he fell asleep, the book on his face.

A few minutes later, Chaco slowly creeked the door open and looked in, only to see Jeff_ray asleep. He then left and closed the door. He then turned to the small group, which was composed of CuriousShyRabbit, Penwielder, Lamkin, Fang and mxvladi.

"So... he's asleep?" Fang asked.

"Yep." Chaco replied.

"Wait... why do we need him to be asleep?" 12th Archivist wondered out loud, "Can't we just have the room guarded while we're preparing?"

"No, that would be too suspicious." Penwielder explained, "We don't want him to think something's going on, or I'm pretty sure he'll pull a James Bond on us and break in to find out what we're doing."

"What if he walks in during the day?"

"Not a chance." CuriousShyRabbit said, "Jeff_Ray doesn't go to that room. Records show that he only visited it once, and that was in 2006, and that was when he was bored. And he doesn't seem quite bored right now."

"He did seem pretty busy when he left this morning." Chaco mentionned, "Not sure where he was going, but he said he was in a hurry or something like that."

"Odd... But then, if Jeff's not around, doesn't that mean we have more time to prepare the party?" Lamkin mentionned.

"That's true." CSR admitted, "But it's best not to take any risks for now."

"Urrgh... would you people keep it down with your risks?" yelled Jeff's voice through the door, "It's midnight! Oh darn, why did I say that... I'll never fall asleep now..."

"Alright, let's go now." CSR commanded the small troop of members as they headed to the 1st floor.

---

Barely a few minutes later, the group was downstairs alongside with a few more members who volunteered to stay up late to help prepare.

"Oh man... I'm so tired." Fang yawned.

"Better get to used to it, Fang. We'll be here alot." Rabbit said.

Pan to an alot* standing there.

"Why people tell alot that? Alot not caring." the alot thought.

"So... what kind of snacks are we supposed to get?" mxvladi asked.

"Well, I know for sure that Jeff can't resist Rold Gold pretzels, so we should have these." Chaco said.

"Popcorn is an obvious choice too." Penwielder stated.

"Oh, he doesn't like that."

Everyone froze.

"What?!" "Impossible!" "That doesn't happen!"

"Well, it's true..."

"Well, we can't have a party without popcorn. We'll just put it away from the pretzels." Penwielder said.

"Don't forget potato chips!" Lamkin shouted

"Duh!"

And the party preparatives went on and on... they had to plan the decorations to use for the walls, the tables, as well as prepare a powerpoint slideshow. When everything was decided, everyone decided to call it a night and went to sleep.

---

To be continued.

Smooth sailing so far for pretty much everyone. But things will get hectic when the 2nd day comes about. Also, I know there's much more speech than usual... but I suppose I prefer writing dialogue to describing.

*alot: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

I await your comments, dear readers! :D Don't forget, your submissions are still welcome in here!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 05-17-2010 01:51 AM]
05-17-2010 at 01:44 AM
12th Archivist
Cool update. I'm interesting in seeing how the rest of the party planning goes. Keep it up!

I admit I rather... enjoyed you bashing minimike. That was funny.

05-17-2010 at 02:20 AM
12th Archivist
Hmm, maybe I should write another chapter.

This chapter is completely unrelated to the first one I wrote, especially, since I can't remember what dramatic thing was supposed to happen. Also, the chapter takes place in the somewhat distant future, so most of the information here probably won't take place. What am I talking about, it's a fictional story!

So who's this mysterious guy? Find out soon!

Actually, I am making a hold like the one I mentioned in the story. However, it's not finished enough to even warrant testing by other people. It'll be around, soon enough.

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 05-17-2010 03:38 AM]
05-17-2010 at 03:35 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Inside The Caravel Building
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com