Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Witherwood Castle : Underground Caverns : 2 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Znirk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 613
IP: Logged
icon Witherwood Castle : Underground Caverns : 2 North (0)  
I keep telling myself this room just can't be as skull-defacingly tedious as it looks; but I can't find the twist ending.

Lately I've been trying to find/make a hiding place behind the rubble from the two early rock golems, but with no success. Should I instead just follow the serpent tail, quietly cursing the name and extended family of whoever came up with wubbas, and picking off the monsters as they're released? And if that's the solution, are the following levels really good enough to justify solving this room?
10-29-2007 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Underground Caverns : 2 North (+1)  
Znirk wrote:
I keep telling myself this room just can't be as skull-defacingly tedious as it looks; but I can't find the twist ending.

Lately I've been trying to find/make a hiding place behind the rubble from the two early rock golems, but with no success. Should I instead just follow the serpent tail, quietly cursing the name and extended family of whoever came up with wubbas, and picking off the monsters as they're released? And if that's the solution, are the following levels really good enough to justify solving this room?
Unfortunately... it is that tedious. You really do just have to plough through, keeping the wubbas out of your way.

This really really wasn't one of my better rooms! :(

[Last edited by calamarain at 10-29-2007 11:53 PM]
10-29-2007 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
iamyum
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Underground Caverns : 2 North (+1)  
I did it by keeping up the pace with the tail and didn't waste any time hiding. Keep trying!
10-30-2007 at 06:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Underground Caverns : 2 North (0)  
Thanks; I guess I'll try a few dozen more times then. I think my real problem here is that I find it impossible to predict what a mélange of wubbas and goblins is going to do even one turn away.
10-30-2007 at 08:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Irashtar
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 41
icon Re: Witherwood Castle : Underground Caverns : 2 North (0)  
IMO, I thought this was one of the harder rooms, but I liked how while at first it was vital to distract the wubbas by skipping corners, later, you used the army you collected to protect attacks from behind.
10-30-2007 at 09:06 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Witherwood Castle : Underground Caverns : 2 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com