Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Bar riddle and goodies tags
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Bar riddle and goodies tags (0)  
The means to solve the bar riddle seems to no longer be present, but the goodies tags still work. This means that anyone who joined after the 3.0 bar was removed can never see anything behind goodies tags, ever. Perhaps we could remove the goodies tags from effect since 3.0 is out?

09-24-2007 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Bar riddle and goodies tags (0)  
Or perhaps just bring back the riddle (unless there is a good reason for not doing so).

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

09-24-2007 at 03:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Bar riddle and goodies tags (0)  
Reasons not to put the Riddle of the Bar back:
* The reward which was at the end was a TCB teaser. Not at all exciting now that TCB is out.
* The DBOD will probably disappear again within a week or month or so.
* There was a hint the DBOD might come back before long, measuring progress toward something entirely new. If so, I'd imagine any game related to it would also be entirely new.

I wouldn't object at all if the [goodies] behavior were disabled. But it also doesn't seem too unfair to leave it there, as long as we explain that the Riddle of the Bar thread is a thing of the past.
09-24-2007 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Bar riddle and goodies tags (+1)  
I'd like to keep the goodies tag, and make it accessible from other means, as well. If there's another riddle, or we make it part of a "new contributing forumer" award, or anything of the sort. Leave the access for everybody who has it, and allow various ways into the club for others.

That way, everybody wins. The people who completed the RotB still have the reward, and new people still have to do something to get the goodies.

09-24-2007 at 12:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Bar riddle and goodies tags
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com