Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Not recieved CaravelNet - what am I doing wrong?
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hartleyhair
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 307
IP: Logged
icon Not recieved CaravelNet - what am I doing wrong? (0)  
Ok. Yesterday, I bought a year's subscription to CaravelNet. I have recieved the internet reciept, but nothing as to how I can actually log in or anything. Have I done something wrong?

[Last edited by hartleyhair at 09-03-2007 08:19 AM]
09-03-2007 at 08:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hartleyhair
icon Re: Not recieved CaravelNet - what am I doing wrong? (0)  
Well, at least I know what the problem was - I never received an email from Caravel.

Thanks guys!

09-03-2007 at 08:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
Did it work then? You don't appear to be registered with Caravel. As mentioned above, check your spam folder.
09-03-2007 at 09:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1138
VIPCOOL wrote:
You should have received an email with instructions and url how to subsribe to caravel net. Sometimes it gets treated as spam and ends up in the spam filter.

I get that same sort of issue at times, as my spam filter has both let through spam and caught non-spam before. Not that long ago, Erik had sent me an e-mail, but it took me a while to come across it because it had gone straight to the spam mail folder.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

09-03-2007 at 09:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hartleyhair
I don't have a spam filter.

09-03-2007 at 02:01 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
The best thing to do is to e-mail support@caravelgames.com about the problem.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-04-2007 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hartleyhair
Sorry to bump this, but I have emailed the erikh and support addresses, with no replies for over a week. I realise that Erik's probably busy, but is this to be expected?

09-09-2007 at 09:13 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
My experience is that it's often quicker to send a mail to mrimer. Anyway... Isn't Mattcrampy supposed to be the suport guy now?

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 09-09-2007 09:57 AM]
09-09-2007 at 09:55 AM
Bingbing
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
I think so. When I couldn't log on, he told me what to do. Blondbeard is right. (there likely is some other guy as well, but we may never learn his name)

09-09-2007 at 07:12 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Not recieved CaravelNet - what am I doing wrong? (+1)  
I'll do what I can to escalate this for you, hartleyhair. I'm not a support employee but I have access to that forum, so I'll gently push for now.

Edit: looks like Matt responded about 5 hours ago. Please post if you didn't get his response. I won't post anything since he did respond after your last post.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 09-09-2007 08:06 PM]
09-09-2007 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
I'm sorry, Hartleyhair. By bad coincidence, Matt and I both went on vacation at about the same time, so many support requests went unanswered. We're working through the backlog now.

The best way to get a response to a support issue is to send e-mail to support@caravelgames.com . This goes into a big queue that Matt and I draw from.

I apologize for the delay. I should have found someone else to keep up with support while we were gone.

-Erik

09-09-2007 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Yeah, I'm the support guy, and yeah, I went on holidays at the same as Erik by terrible coincidence. Not that I mind people who have access to the support forum getting involved if they so choose, it's not like a little kingdom that has to be just so.

09-10-2007 at 07:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hartleyhair
Well, thanks guys. I'm afraid (you're going to absolutely hate me for this) that, after sending an email to the erikh address, I forwarded it through to the support address.

I'm bracing myself for an electronic thunderbolt to smite me down for needlessly sending two emails...

09-10-2007 at 07:31 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Mattcrampy wrote:
Yeah, I'm the support guy, and yeah, I went on holidays at the same as Erik by terrible coincidence. Not that I mind people who have access to the support forum getting involved if they so choose, it's not like a little kingdom that has to be just so.
Just a suggestion, but could you perhaps in the future announce longer (i.e. more than just a day or two) staff absences somewhere central on the site so people won't have to guesstimate what's going on? No need for details, but just that so-and-so won't be available from this date to this date...

09-10-2007 at 08:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
hartleyhair wrote:
I'm bracing myself for an electronic thunderbolt to smite me down for needlessly sending two emails...
If they'll be sending Slayers after you there probably isn't much for you to fear - just stay clear of the wisp... :D

09-10-2007 at 08:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
hartleyhair wrote:
Fear not. For that small offence, the hired thugs will only give you one cement boot. I just hope you're a good swimmer. ;)
09-10-2007 at 08:30 AM
hartleyhair
NiroZ wrote:
hartleyhair wrote:
Fear not. For that small offence, the hired thugs will only give you one cement boot. I just hope you're a good swimmer. ;)

I do not share your optimism.

09-10-2007 at 05:49 PM
Mattcrampy
Briareos wrote:
Mattcrampy wrote:
Just a suggestion, but could you perhaps in the future announce longer (i.e. more than just a day or two) staff absences somewhere central on the site so people won't have to guesstimate what's going on? No need for details, but just that so-and-so won't be available from this date to this date...

There's this sort of thing in the support section now, but ideally what would happen is that someone manages to pick up the slack. That didn't happen in this particular case, but it should do in the future.

09-11-2007 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Mattcrampy wrote:
Briareos wrote:
There's this sort of thing in the support section now[...]
But that's not public, isn't it? I meant for this information to be openly visible...

09-11-2007 at 11:06 AM
Mattcrampy
Honestly, I'm not sure it'd be helpful unless you explicitly wanted to speak to a particular person. It's not like Erik and I go on holidays every two weeks, so most of the time the status is going to be 'on the air', and for those times when some support person is unavailable we should have someone covering the missing person. It might be more useful to have an away message if we can't get someone to cover support, which would solve the issue of sending an email into a black hole while also being useful for people who don't check the website.

09-12-2007 at 05:02 AM
ErikH2000
I have to agree with Matt. We set up support@caravelgames.com as one big simple bucket to catch everything. I just need to pay closer attention to catch rare cases where Matt and I are both gone simultaneously.

-Erik

09-12-2007 at 05:59 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TisMe
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Am I unregistered as of midnite?

Wednesday eve (9-26), I reregistered for another year. I immediately received the paym receipt email but not the link email to reactivate my membership. Per the paym email, I sent an email to erikh (9-27 eve). I rec'd no reply.

Just read this thread and fired off an email to the support address (I did not know of that one.)

Midnite is not far. Is my membership automatically cancelled? (Hope all my data is not tossed.) Words of wisdom or misery...

TisMe

10-01-2007 at 02:56 AM
Mattcrampy
TisMe: I sent you an email a few days ago with the link you didn't receive. Check your spam filters.

10-01-2007 at 06:48 AM
Briareos
TisMe wrote:
Midnite is not far. Is my membership automatically cancelled? (Hope all my data is not tossed.) Words of wisdom or misery...
While your membership automatically ends when the time runs out, I have yet to hear of anyone's data being tossed. I don't think people (not just the ones with expired memberships) would be happy about highscores being tossed for this reason, either.

10-01-2007 at 08:49 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Mine expired briefly, and I've lost no data.
10-01-2007 at 01:19 PM
hartleyhair
Bump.

It's been a month, and I'm getting desperate... it just makes me so envious to see everyone using the awesome features and thinking, 'I've paid for that'. I think I'm going to go insane.

10-02-2007 at 06:59 AM
Mattcrampy
We've answered every email up to the 29th, it looks like. I sent you an email on or around the 10th of September (I'm lazy with the timezones): did you not receive it?

10-02-2007 at 07:51 AM
ErikH2000
Hello, Hartley!

In the support history, the last reply I have recorded from Matt Cramp to you is shown below. Did you receive the message and reply back to Matt?

I encourage you to continue using support@caravelgames.com. As I write this, the oldest unhandled request is only about 2 days old, so Matt actually does a decent job keeping up.

-Erik
Hi Alex, sorry I've been a bit tardy:

Looking up your order history, you haven't yet activated a couple of things. Can you check your spam folder around the 2nd of September and the 27th August for me?

If you don't see anything from Caravel there, here are some new links for you:

CaravelNet:
DELETED (we only want to send this private mail.)

The City Beneath:

Matt Cramp
Caravel Games

10-02-2007 at 07:55 AM
hartleyhair
ErikH2000 wrote:
Hello, Hartley!

In the support history, the last reply I have recorded from Matt Cramp to you is shown below. Did you receive the message and reply back to Matt?

I encourage you to continue using support@caravelgames.com. As I write this, the oldest unhandled request is only about 2 days old, so Matt actually does a decent job keeping up.

-Erik
Hi Alex, sorry I've been a bit tardy:

Looking up your order history, you haven't yet activated a couple of things. Can you check your spam folder around the 2nd of September and the 27th August for me?

If you don't see anything from Caravel there, here are some new links for you:

CaravelNet:

The City Beneath:

Matt Cramp
Caravel Games
I'm afraid I never recieved that email. Bizarre.

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 10-02-2007 01:06 PM : fixed]
10-02-2007 at 07:58 AM
Mattcrampy
Okay, hmm. Did you receive the Illumination? If you didn't, it seems reasonable to assume that mail from caravelgames.com is being treated as spam somewhere along the line, either by your provider or by your mail client.

If you did, I'll try sending a test message and we'll see what happens.

10-02-2007 at 09:59 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Not recieved CaravelNet - what am I doing wrong?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com