Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
IP: Logged
icon The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West (0)  
I have mastered the TCB 100%. I have talked to all in the west part of city. I cannot get gates to firstcity to open. Is that why I can't find bonus round?
I saw this room appear once on my restore screen but cannot get it back. Is this what I am now looking for?

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
06-21-2007 at 01:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West (+1)  
Yes, this is the room you're looking for. If you restore back here after mastering TCB, the master wall should be down, and you can go inside.

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 06-21-2007 02:04 PM]
06-21-2007 at 02:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
junglejane
icon Re: The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West (0)  
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
Yes, this is the room you're looking for. If you restore back here after mastering TCB, the master wall should be down, and you can go inside.
I am doing something wrong. I am not able to get into the gates in 2N5W. I can not get room 1N5W to reappear. Every time I restore back to 2N5W it shows the archivist lobby as not having been visited. I go to the achivist and get my pass all over again and then to the slaymasters hall. I don't want to sit through that lecture ever again, but I do. I can then only exit to the torture chambers. It is though I haven' finished the game.
I show the city conquered 100% but when I leave the first room in lowest point, and restore to the city, I must not be restoring to the right point in the city, even though the city shows being completed. All my restores show 100% completed except for 25th level. I have spent days at this and am ready to cry.
:weep :weep

06-21-2007 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Hmm. You should, if you've ever visited the master wall room, just be able to restore directly to that room, even if you haven't conquered every secret room on every level.

06-21-2007 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
Jatopian wrote:
Hmm. You should, if you've ever visited the master wall room, just be able to restore directly to that room, even if you haven't conquered every secret room on every level.
Could it be that I have to talk to citizens prior to the wall being opened? I talk to #6 who tells me about the secret wall, I go to that area and step on the spot that I believe is the correct one and nothing happens. Does it matter if when trying to talk to a citizen, whether you talk to his back? I bump into everybody I can for info, but am not getting further than #6. I read in one post that she moves after giving first message. I would like to be told what room she moves to.

06-21-2007 at 08:53 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
icon Re: The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West (+3)  
You shouldn't have to go back and talk to citizens. Just restore directly to 1N5W, and enter the bonus level. It doesn't matter what gates are open in the city.

However, if for some reason, you need to find this room all over again, here's what to do:
Click here to view the secret text

06-21-2007 at 09:32 PM
junglejane
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
You shouldn't have to go back and talk to citizens. Just restore directly to 1N5W, and enter the bonus level. It doesn't matter what gates are open in the city.

However, if for some reason, you need to find this room all over again, here's what to do:

Thank you ever so much. That is exactly the help I was looking for. If that doesn't work, I may jump into that pit in Lowest Point instead of just looking at it.

06-21-2007 at 09:46 PM
junglejane
icon Re: The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West (+2)  
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:

I made it!!!! I stepped on the same square that I had stepped on several times before and the way opened up for me. It was only after talking to all three people that it opened. I have no points to give to you, so I am forever in your debt....JJ

06-21-2007 at 10:12 PM
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
After about 6 months, I decided yesterday to have a go at finishing TCB. The 5 secret rooms I hadn't managed were soon done, albeit two of them with reference to posted demo's, and the hold mastered. I spent the rest of the day trying to find the secret level, however, even following the threads about it, I am still unable to get there/find it. (How come the restore screen shows 100% explored, but no 1N5W?} I've talked to gossiper 6# and gossiper 13# and it seems I need to talk to someone in a park in the NW, but I can't find anyone. I wouldn't mind so much if I was finding this fun, but all it is is extremely frustrating. So, where am I going wrong? I just want to get this game finished, so explicit details (by PM?) would be preferred. Ta.
11-24-2007 at 11:29 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
I don't think I could get any more explicit than above, unless you need to know where the park is...

What might be the trouble is: the sequence doesn't work unless you do it in order, walking between the rooms, rather than restoring.

11-24-2007 at 11:53 AM
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Hmmm, that's what I thought I had done a dozen times, which is why it was really beginning to &^%$ me off. I could even see the different character in the park, but s/he was being rather reticent. Anyway, I must have been going wrong somewhere, 'cause it worked this time. Maybe I wasn't facing in the right direction before? Whatever.

Thanks. Have a thingy or two.
11-24-2007 at 12:44 PM
junglejane
I have decided to play this game for the third time. It is one of my favorites. For this time I am unable to get a pass no matter what I do. I am told when I look into that hole that I have completed the game. One time I had the room at 1N5W show on the City map, but I can no longer get it back. I see that I have only found 29 secrets and 98% of the City and 50% of the 25th Level. I can no longer find that square that opened the way for me before. Sorry about the long post but I have been stuck here for days.
junglejane wrote:
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:

I made it!!!! This is an old postl I can no longer make it!quare that I had stepped on several times before and the way opened up for me. It was only after talking to all three people that it opened. I have no points to give to you, so I am forever in your debt....JJ

[Last edited by junglejane at 08-22-2017 03:43 PM]
08-22-2017 at 03:34 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
Okay, it looks like you have two separate questions here. One is how to get back in here, the other is how to proceed with the game.

This room is the entrance to the postmastery level. You can only go in after finding all secrets.
To get in: The post you have quoted has directions. The "special square" is

To proceed with the game: since you mentioned needing a pass, what you want to do is enter the building here, the City Archives. If they're not giving you a pass, you might have restored to a point before you were told you need one. In that case, you want to go to where the Slayers are in 5N3W. Watch a scene there, then go to the Archives. Do not restore in between these steps!
08-22-2017 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
Dragon Fogel....I thank you so much. Still can't get the pass.
I have been told I have finished the game. I have watched the
entire ending several times. When I go back to the game and
check the restore points it show The Villa 66% even though I have
examined every room and they are vacant. I have only 50% of the
25% level and 98% of the City. Once I had 1N5W appear on the map.
Haven't been able to get it back. I wish I could clean up the
mess I have created with all these posts over the past 10 years.
If this post gives you a clue, I would appreciate more help.
Otherwise I may just have to erase the whole game and start over
again. Perish that thought.

[Last edited by junglejane at 08-23-2017 03:59 PM]
08-23-2017 at 03:58 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West (+1)  
Okay.

My first question is, what are you trying to do?

Restoring will remove your progress in the current save, so if you're trying to go through the game again, avoid restoring or you'll wind up on an old save in which you've hit different plot triggers. If you must restore, step on a checkpoint first and make a note of which checkpoint it was. Then you can restore to that checkpoint, provided you don't step on it again afterwards.

Getting into this room will not help you in progressing through the story. Neither will the other missing rooms; L25's missing room is only available in postmastery, and the Villa's missing room is another house in Dugandy.

The only "pass" I'm aware of is the one to the Slayer conference, which you get after going to the City Archives, being told you can't get a pass, and then going further in to chase down an archivist and forcing him to give you one. If this is not the point in the plot you're referring to, I'd like you to clarify what you mean by "pass".
08-23-2017 at 04:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
I am basically looking for the bonus level, so I can have the
satisfaction of doing all that the game has to offer. With your
help I did complete the Villa. Now I want the City to be 100%
and find why I am unable to do better than 50% on the 25th level.
You have been most patient with me and I do believe I will conquer
this game soon. I am now going to chase that archivest Got a
new pair of running shoes to help.

08-23-2017 at 08:08 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : The City : 1 North, 5 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com