Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Hydra (Water serpent)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon Hydra (0)  
The Hydra is basically a water adder. It eats the waterskippers and grow. It it vulnerable in the head, like the adder. When you stab it in the head, his head will explode, and he will shrink by 1 turn. Each three turns, his head will grow again.

06-08-2007 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: Hydra (0)  
There's an idea with the same name, but not the same idea. Nice idea, but a bit tricky if it grows each 3 turns.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-08-2007 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
vittro wrote:
The Hydra is basically a water adder. It eats the waterskippers and grow. It it vulnerable in the head, like the adder. When you stab it in the head, his head will explode, and he will shrink by 1 turn. Each three turns, his head will grow again.

It grows by eating AND every 3 turns? I think this monster will get out of control quickly and will fill up big lakes if not destroyed immediatly.
Is this snake able to kill Beethro both on ground next to water and on platforms?
06-09-2007 at 01:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Rank Points: 479
This snake will kill Beethro like you described. IT may also be 2 turns, not 3...

06-09-2007 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
How about it can travel on water or land. If on water, it grows as you describe. If on land, it shrinks every 3 (or X) turns.

06-09-2007 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
In that case I think it would also require at least *some* more intelligence than normal serpents.
06-10-2007 at 01:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Dex Stewart wrote:
In that case I think it would also require at least *some* more intelligence than normal serpents.

Why?

06-13-2007 at 03:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Mattcrampy wrote:
Dex Stewart wrote:

Why?
I assume Dex is referring to the fact that if, as zex described, it shrunk every X turns while on land, it would need to have the intelligence to try to get off land. Otherwise, ending up on a large piece of land would be the end of it.

06-13-2007 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Hydra (Water serpent)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com