Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ask Questions about TCB and DROD 3.0
<<3456
Page 7 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Ask Questions about TCB and DROD 3.0 (0)  
Right, maybe it was fixed for 2.0. I can't remember anymore.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-01-2007 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
Will there be new, more invincible slayer AI? If not, will we be able to script NPCS for better AI?
eytanz wrote:
color selector for lighting effect. Also, some other uses.
Aw, no MS Paint-esque 256 color wheel?

04-01-2007 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Jatopian wrote:
Will there be new, more invincible slayer AI? If not, will we be able to script NPCS for better AI?
I don't believe the Slayer AI is changing. Backwards compatibility and all that. There may be some new scripting commands that will be useful for making your own monster, but...eh, I don't know that it would be worth doing.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-01-2007 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
What is agoric movement? And has it been achieved/engineered yet?

04-01-2007 at 11:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
stigant wrote:
What is agoric movement? And has it been achieved/engineered yet?
I have no freakin' clue.

Game on,

04-01-2007 at 11:13 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
eytanz wrote:
Rabscuttle wrote:
Can Beethro hit orbs while his sword is sheathed?

No.

At least not normally.

Is there a f-c reason why everyone else (Halph, characters) can?
04-01-2007 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
My guess is that orbs may only be struck with weapons or the hearts of little children.

04-01-2007 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
zex20913 wrote:
My guess is that orbs may only be struck with weapons or the hearts of little children.
Around these parts, we just passed the time of year when the Girl Scouts of America teach little girls to use their hearts as raking-in-lots-of-cash weapons.
04-01-2007 at 11:36 PM
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
And that adults carry small children's hearts around with them for that purpose, but Beethro lost his.

04-01-2007 at 11:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
zex20913 wrote:
Let me guess - getting Beethro the heart of a little child definitely isn't an option in TCB? :evil:

04-01-2007 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
meh, just noticed the question was already asked. :P
04-01-2007 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
My guess is that orbs may only be struck with weapons or the hearts of little children
Does that mean that Beethro can put down his sword and pick up the heart of a little child? Blech.

I have no freakin' clue.
From the entry screen to JtRH level 17: "As an amassage of plendorous vapors, the Seep may permeate all manner of solid substances, yet our engineering has so far not enabled the agoric movement for which we had aimed." - 75th Geozoologist

04-01-2007 at 11:38 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Oneiromancer wrote:
* Adders are mostly as we described them in that other thread. They can be killed by a sword (or bomb, etc) to the head, and if they get stuck on themselves or another adder, they will shrink. They can eat monsters, golem piles, and unbreakable tarstuff. Each turn they eat something, they grow by one tile. This is one of the "non-Beethro" ways to kill a monster that b0rsuk (I think) asked about above, but there are others.
Will they actively target 'foodstuff' or will it just happen to be in the way?

BTW, those weather effects were the joke, right?
04-01-2007 at 11:41 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
Oh yeah. In context, it seems relevant that "agora", Greek for "marketplace", is often used as a root meaning "outside". E.g. "agoraphobia", fear of the outdoors.

I guess they were hoping seeps could move outside of walls, but they rarely do unless they can be inside a smitemaster.
04-01-2007 at 11:42 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
stigant wrote:
From the entry screen to JtRH level 17: "As an amassage of plendorous vapors, the Seep may permeate all manner of solid substances, yet our engineering has so far not enabled the agoric movement for which we had aimed." - 75th Geozoologist

Clearly, agoric movement is a type of movement that seep do not exhibit. What it exactly is, though, you'll probably need to find an Empire Geozoologist and ask.

04-01-2007 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
NiroZ wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:
* Adders are mostly as we described them in that other thread. They can be killed by a sword (or bomb, etc) to the head, and if they get stuck on themselves or another adder, they will shrink. They can eat monsters, golem piles, and unbreakable tarstuff. Each turn they eat something, they grow by one tile. This is one of the "non-Beethro" ways to kill a monster that b0rsuk (I think) asked about above, but there are others.
Will they actively target 'foodstuff' or will it just happen to be in the way?

BTW, those weather effects were the joke, right?
If it happens to be in the way. Beethro is still the main target. And no, the weather was not a joke.

Game on,

04-01-2007 at 11:52 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Anyone read the latest Illumination? ;)

04-01-2007 at 11:56 PM
Yellow_Mage
Rank Points: 267
Very interesting!

I don't have any questions that are directly about TCB anymore. Most of my ruminations have been answered already and one of them surprised me because I though it would be a bit mad watching floor tiles turn into trapdoors... Most of my thoughts about this actually consist quite a lot of awe, because two of the three hidden elements I imagined. Probably not in the same way, as it's hard to imagine a potato monster that moves into straight lines until it hits an obstable and changes it's direction, whilst turning even floor tile it has moved off into a trapdoor tile. My surreal mind at work. :)

Question - To peeps on the dev team: there were probably a number of elements that never made the final cut. Was there anything that's not in TCB that you actually quite liked? Free to discuss? I'm more interested in how you all feel about this game at the moment.

Click here to view the secret text

04-02-2007 at 12:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Ask Questions about TCB and DROD 3.0 (+1)  
Actually, with the number of elements we added, there's not much that didn't make the cut that didn't deserve to be dropped anyway. There is one element that I would love to see in a future release that I won't talk about, but that's about it.

All in all, I think TCB is awesome and I hope those who buy it play the hold before rooting around in the editor, I think it will be much more fun to see the elements as they are introduced.

Game on,

04-02-2007 at 12:14 AM
Zaratustra
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
A question that nobody asked yet and really bears asking:
Are you pulling the same trick you did exactly two years ago?
04-02-2007 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Have you read the Illumination yet? :P Of course, until then, I wouldn't have answered your question.

Game on,

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 04-02-2007 12:16 AM]
04-02-2007 at 12:16 AM
Oneiromancer
It has been asked before in this thread, and the answer is that TCB should run about as well as JtRH. There's a demo to try if you aren't sure, of course.

Game on,

04-02-2007 at 12:32 AM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Oh, and if we play the first levels of TCB in the demo, will they look different from in the full version?

04-02-2007 at 12:34 AM
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: Ask Questions about TCB and DROD 3.0 (+1)  
Is there any point to killing roaches on the title screen?

04-02-2007 at 12:34 AM
Oneiromancer
Jatopian wrote:
Oh, and if we play the first levels of TCB in the demo, will they look different from in the full version?
I believe that the demo levels use the same style in both versions, so no, it shouldn't make a difference.

Game on,

04-02-2007 at 12:38 AM
Oneiromancer
Sillyman wrote:
Is there any point to killing roaches on the title screen?
Good question!

Game on,

04-02-2007 at 12:38 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Oneiromancer wrote:
Jatopian wrote:
I believe that the demo levels use the same style in both versions, so no, it shouldn't make a difference.

Game on,

There's one room that is different between the two, but that's it.

04-02-2007 at 12:44 AM
Yellow_Mage
Rank Points: 267
Ok, guys, I' going to post much less nonsensically because there is one thing I want to talk about after playing it, I was skeptical of this topic to begin with but, OMG 100% (how do I make it bigger? This needs more cow bell!)

Also that announcement needs to change. I do like Bill and Ted but probably a new one is fitting.

Click here to view the secret text

04-02-2007 at 01:56 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Out of interest, when was the game ready to be released? I mean, surely it wasn't finished last night. Then again, perhaps you don't want to say.
04-02-2007 at 02:13 AM
Oneiromancer
It's not really my place to say, I'll let Mike answer if he likes. We've had almost all the levels complete for a very long time though. Not everything moved as fast, unfortunately.

Game on,

04-02-2007 at 02:15 AM
<<3456
Page 7 of 10
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ask Questions about TCB and DROD 3.0
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No