Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Monster Caring (Care of DROD monsters...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon The Monster Caring (+2)  
You can take care of some monsters in this game. It needs some description though...

You can own some DROD monsters, win money, heck, it's a small simulator with DROD monsters...

You start with a baby roach, but with time, the roaches will grow, and then you can take them out for walks, have your roaches fight in fighting tournaments, but it's not all.

Also, there's a plaza to meet some monsters. Your monster can play with them, and compete with them to win some cash. Even though tournaments give more money, the monsters can be easier to beat in inofficial fights than in tournament fights.

But you must ready your pet for the fights. You can go in the dungeon to fight some wild creatures. It's the best way to ready your monster for the tournaments.

Is your monster better at catching stuff than fighting? Get in the Ball Catching contest to win money! Think your monster is the fastest? Enter them in races, and bet on your monster and you could get lots of money...

There's a park to play games of 'Catch the ball' or 'Catch the Flying Disk' games. Your monster can play with other monsters too here.

Of course, there's a bank and a shop. At the bank, you can keep money there and withdraw it too. And go to the shop to add furniture to your house or just buy some items like balls, food, and monsters. You can unlock monsters by fighting some of the kind. You can also buy a KEY to the next town. The other towns have cooler features. But be fast! When bought, you must wait until the next key arrival...

What are you waiting for?!? Enter the game now and you get a baby roach, 10 bags of meat for your monsters and a free disk!

Shop:

Ball:
$5
Balls are needed to go in Ball Catching Contests. But not pricy at all.

Box o' bricks
$30 for each 20 bricks.
You can build new rooms to your house with this.

MONSTERS

Baby Roach
$20
The same roach as the one you start with. Becomes adult after 4 days.

Roach Queen
$70
A very pricy monster, but produces free roach eggs which hatch after 4 days.

Tar Baby
$20
Same as the roach. Likes soft meat more than normal meat.

Evil Eye
$40
Same as roach. Also likes soft meat more than normal meat, but can digest easely normal meat. Is very acrobatic with balls and disks.
How to unlock: Fight 10 Evil Eyes

Wraithwing
$50
Is twice as fast as other monsters, which means it can attack twice in a turn. Though, wraithwings enter in different races where only wraithwings compete.
How to unlock: Fight 10 Wraithwings

More monsters can be unlocked, but do stuff first!

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 11-28-2006 02:47 AM]
11-28-2006 at 02:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: The Monster Caring (0)  
So is this a forum game, or some game that you are making that we run on a computer? I'm confused.
11-28-2006 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
A forum game. Want to join?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-28-2006 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
I guess I'll try it, although I'm not entirely clear on the rules. Is the a game with very defined things you must do? Or more of a Daycare RPG?
11-28-2006 at 03:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
Yeah, it does seem like an RPG where you take care of your own little pet. Seems cool, but kinda needs some rule clarification for others who don't really get it, and a bigger shop. I had this as a contest idea a while back, maybe July or August, where you take care of a nice little roach. Seems like a fun game! I'm in.

Keep posting,

11-28-2006 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Yes. I heartily enjoy forum RPGs. If someone puts their time into making this sort of RPG enjoyable, they can prove more than just immensely fun. However, a good start is to get a clearly defined set of rules. Number them out. You don't need to cover every single circumstance, but a description of your combat system, what things people may start with... etc. is a very good idea. I can't think of any good examples off of the top of my head, with the exception of one, but that requires a fair amount of background knowledge to understand, so it's probably not a good place to look at to get this idea. However, the basic idea is to have a structured system to work from.
11-28-2006 at 03:32 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Well, what confuses you? I could help on it...

Ok, so Jeremy and Ezlo's roaches are now arrived. Your house is empty. Also, you two begin with 10$

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-28-2006 at 10:51 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
What he doesn't get and I don't either, is how you determine results of fights or games or anything? Because everything needs a result..

11-28-2006 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Okay, let's give this a try.

I decide to name my roach, Graco. I line a cardboard box with printer paper and use it as his bed until I get something better. I decide to go play with Graco and get to know him better as a pet.
11-28-2006 at 05:17 PM
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
This sounds fun! Can I maybe participate??

11-28-2006 at 08:22 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Ok, Ezlo, so your get your roach, name it Graco and make a bed. You go practice with the ball with Graco, but it is horrible at catching the ball because it's too slow.

Timo006: You can. So you get your roach. How do you name it? And what do you do? (BTW, the shop is open at the beggining of the game, so you can buy water there)

Water
Price: $1
Water. Monsters drink it.

Fighting System:

It's similar to the real RPG fights, you select an attack, the monster to attack and then your monster(s) attack. Then the enemies attack your monster. When your monster's HP is depleted, it will be KO. To cure it, bring it at the hospital. When all of your enemy is KO, you win a fight, and your pets gain EXP.

As for the contests, it depends on how much you practice your pet at catching stuff and racing. For racing practicing, you can go at the circuit when there are no races for practicing or challenging other players in inofficial races. For tournaments, it's all about fighting in the dungeon.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 11-28-2006 08:56 PM]
11-28-2006 at 08:54 PM
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
Sounds like Pok'emon to me, but with DRODly monsters. Count me out.
11-28-2006 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: The Monster Caring (+1)  
Now, I'm not particularly interested in this kind of thing, but here are some random thoughts based on the first post.

Comments in blue (secreted to save space).

So yeah, I think that you need to explain a LOT more things if you want to get this going properly. And keep the information well organised in the first post or it'll only raise more questions.
11-28-2006 at 09:59 PM
Jeff_Ray...
My thoughts as in your quoted post.

Doom wrote:
Now, I'm not particularly interested in this kind of thing, but here are some random thoughts based on the first post.

Comments in blue (secreted to save space).

So yeah, I think that you need to explain a LOT more things if you want to get this going properly. And keep the information well organised in the first post or it'll only raise more questions.
I did it now. If there's still something unclear, tell me.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-28-2006 at 10:48 PM
Ezlo
Okay, I leave Graco in the bed and go to the shop. I look around for the owner and ask how much a leash costs.
11-28-2006 at 10:49 PM
Jeff_Ray...
It costs 5$. Buy one?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-28-2006 at 11:09 PM
Ezlo
I buy a leash, some water and some food. Then I run out of the store without paying. Then I run back in the store, pay, and tell the clerk. "See? I'm trustworthy!" And then I leave and go back home.
11-28-2006 at 11:19 PM
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
Here goes! Hope I'm doing this right.

I wake up. I see that the roach I ordered has finally arrived. I check my storage closet and search for anything I can use for my roach. By the way, I'm going to name it Sparky. I make a bed out of newspaper shreddings and a basket. I also make a food/water bowl, out of a cardboard box with 2 holes that can easily fit 2 plastic bowls for the food/water. I leave the roach at home, and overhear my good friend Ezlo, querying how much a leash costs. I see that it is a reasonable price, and I buy a leash. I also buy a ball. I kindly inquire how much a Medium Animal Den costs.

I walk out of the store, politely thanking the storekeeper, and stop by Ezlo's house. I drop off a letter saying 'Good luck in this new world, and here's a present to help you start off. Your friend, Jeremy.' And I attach the New Ball I bought at the store a few minutes earlier. I walk home.

I search in my storage cabinet, and see if I can find a rope. Aha! I found one! I tie Sparky to the rope and set out for an adventure, seeing if there are any monsters to battle.

Keep posting,

11-29-2006 at 01:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Ok, so you do this. Your roach is hungry. Feed it?

-Yes
-No

If no, what do you do?

-Go for a walk
-Go shopping
-Go to the race circuit (no races now)

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-29-2006 at 02:03 AM
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
Suddenly, I materialize out of thin air. My first action in this bright and exciting new world is to humbly request a baby roach to call my own; a new friend to accompany me on my adventures. Speaking of which, is there a forest nearby ?

~ Gerry
11-29-2006 at 02:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Okay, I believe I have 3 dollars left. Just keeping that information fresh in my mind. I walk home to Graco, and find the present left from UrAvgAzn. I decide to take Graco out to a park and play fetch with the ball.
11-29-2006 at 03:12 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
I did it now. If there's still something unclear, tell
Well, other than organising all relevant information in the first post, that's fairly satisfying.

You shouldn't expect everyone to read through every single addition in the thread, especially if it grows long. (And it probably will because it seems that there's a lot need for interaction between players)
11-29-2006 at 05:41 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
I would like to join the game (even if the rules are all but clear).

I will name my Roach "Fusselköpfchen", it will sleep in a basket filled with pillows and the first thing I'll do with it is to feed it (-2 flesh and -2 water) and play with it.
02-22-2007 at 01:50 PM
Anson
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
You can take care of some monsters in this game. It needs some description though...

You can own some DROD monsters, win money, heck, it's a small simulator with DROD monsters...

You start with a baby roach, but with time, the roaches will grow, and then you can take them out for walks, have your roaches fight in fighting tournaments, but it's not all.

Also, there's a plaza to meet some monsters. Your monster can play with them, and compete with them to win some cash. Even though tournaments give more money, the monsters can be easier to beat in inofficial fights than in tournament fights.

But you must ready your pet for the fights. You can go in the dungeon to fight some wild creatures. It's the best way to ready your monster for the tournaments.

Is your monster better at catching stuff than fighting? Get in the Ball Catching contest to win money! Think your monster is the fastest? Enter them in races, and bet on your monster and you could get lots of money...

There's a park to play games of 'Catch the ball' or 'Catch the Flying Disk' games. Your monster can play with other monsters too here.

Of course, there's a bank and a shop. At the bank, you can keep money there and withdraw it too. And go to the shop to add furniture to your house or just buy some items like balls, food, and monsters. You can unlock monsters by fighting some of the kind. You can also buy a KEY to the next town. The other towns have cooler features. But be fast! When bought, you must wait until the next key arrival...

What are you waiting for?!? Enter the game now and you get a baby roach, 10 bags of meat for your monsters and a free disk!

Shop:

Ball:
$5
Balls are needed to go in Ball Catching Contests. But not pricy at all.

Box o' bricks
$30 for each 20 bricks.
You can build new rooms to your house with this.

MONSTERS

Baby Roach
$20
The same roach as the one you start with. Becomes adult after 4 days.

Roach Queen
$70
A very pricy monster, but produces free roach eggs which hatch after 4 days.

Tar Baby
$20
Same as the roach. Likes soft meat more than normal meat.

Evil Eye
$40
Same as roach. Also likes soft meat more than normal meat, but can digest easely normal meat. Is very acrobatic with balls and disks.
How to unlock: Fight 10 Evil Eyes

Wraithwing
$50
Is twice as fast as other monsters, which means it can attack twice in a turn. Though, wraithwings enter in different races where only wraithwings compete.
How to unlock: Fight 10 Wraithwings

More monsters can be unlocked, but do stuff first!
Give us a link to the game so we can play! :)
EDIT: i will join!
EDIT 2: I will name my roach Biter!

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.

[Last edited by Anson at 02-25-2007 08:47 AM]
02-25-2007 at 08:34 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Anson wrote:
EDIT: i will join!

Take a look at Jeff_Ray...'s signature maybe?

02-25-2007 at 08:46 AM
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
icon Re: The Monster Caring (+1)  
Anson wrote:
Ask and you shall receive.
02-25-2007 at 02:03 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Monster Caring (Care of DROD monsters...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com