Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8 (0)  
eytanz wrote:
Ah, solved it. It's a nice room now - it's fairly easy to solve it once you know the right order to do things in, but figuring out what to do when may be tricky. I'm still not so sure this is how you intended it to be solved -

Click here to view the secret text
Hmm... not quite. I will need some time to consider this...

Btw, the orb in the lower-right corner that gets closed behind a yellow door once you open the entrance to the room is totally useless. You can never actually get there, as if you come in through the north entrance you cannot leave.

[Edited by eytanz on 07-19-2003 at 11:06 AM]
Another bug. I'll sort it out.

Thanks!

07-19-2003 at 12:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5

File: Bavato14 (Level2 2S Only).hold (1.9 KB)
Downloaded 143 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8 (0)  
OK, I don't particularly want to replace the whole hold, so I'll post a one room hold with the fixed L2 2S in it.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-19-2003 at 01:54 PM]

07-19-2003 at 12:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
That room is stil solvable using the exact same tactic. You can change that by:

07-19-2003 at 01:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz

File: BD22O Level 2 The Storage Chambers The Entrance My solution.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 147 times.
Ok, I reinstalled, got the demos working (I don't know what the problem was, but I'll keep an eye on it), and recorded some demos to help explain what I'm talking about. The demo attached here is the way I succesfully solved the room.

(note - this demo belongs to the one-room version)

[Edited by eytanz on 07-19-2003 at 01:27 PM]

07-19-2003 at 01:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz

File: BD22O Level 2 The Storage Chambers The Entrance Intended Solution.demo (974 bytes)
Downloaded 114 times.
Here's what I believe to be the intended solution. Note that I die in the end because of carelessness, but the important thing is that the room becomes impossible to exit one turn before that - and I haven't even gotten half of it done yet.

If I'm wrong about this being the intended solution, could you please provide a demo of the real intended solution?

07-19-2003 at 01:32 PM
agaricus5
Sorry. The force arrows are in place now.

07-19-2003 at 01:54 PM
agaricus5
I can't import the demo - it says "Hold not found".

However, I can see how you are attempting to deal with the problem, and it's not the correct tactic. I won't say much more now, but this should help:

In future, I will make sure you do need to hit the orb, so be careful...

07-19-2003 at 02:04 PM
eytanz
Ah. I actually realized what I need to do (which your message confirmed) after I posted my messages - but I haven't been able to figure out how yet; the walls make the tar grow in a difficult way to manage.

That said, the orb in the lower-right is still unreachable - if you enter the room from the north, you're in a passageway blocked by indestructible tar and a force arrow facing the wrong way on your left, and yellow doors on your right. If you enter the room from the south, you have to hit an orb that closes the door that surrounds it.

I'd say lose this door - because of the breakable wall in the south of the entrance room, there's no reason to provide a way for people to backtrack through this room (which I assume is what it does). Unless you want to use it in the next version of the room...

07-19-2003 at 02:12 PM
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
Okay, I've downloaded the newest version of this hold, and I'm having a lot of fun! I'm currently at the start of level 3. Very interesting rooms. I especially enjoyed L2 2S2E, which was quite a fun maze (though things did get a bit crazy; standing in a 4x4 room and having to fend off attacks from three sides is definitely not for the weak of heart). L2 2S1E was quite difficult, you have to be very careful with the order in which you do things to make it to the orb before the snake dies. Once that was over, the rest was easy, though.

One little problem: The scrolls in level 2 (and the first one in level 3) had no text on them. I'm fairly sure this isn't an import bug, because the ones in level 1 were fine. So could someone tell me what they're supposed to say?

Another problem: L1 1N3E is solvable in a somewhat quicker way than intended (I think).

07-30-2003 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Watcher wrote:
Okay, I've downloaded the newest version of this hold, and I'm having a lot of fun! I'm currently at the start of level 3. Very interesting rooms. I especially enjoyed L2 2S2E, which was quite a fun maze (though things did get a bit crazy; standing in a 4x4 room and having to fend off attacks from three sides is definitely not for the weak of heart). L2 2S1E was quite difficult, you have to be very careful with the order in which you do things to make it to the orb before the snake dies. Once that was over, the rest was easy, though.

One little problem: The scrolls in level 2 (and the first one in level 3) had no text on them. I'm fairly sure this isn't an import bug, because the ones in level 1 were fine. So could someone tell me what they're supposed to say?

Another problem: L1 1N3E is solvable in a somewhat quicker way than intended (I think).

It's intended - it's a "looks hard but is actually easy room" (I couldn't be bothered at the time to make it harder).

07-30-2003 at 09:16 PM
agaricus5
Watcher wrote:
The scroll blanking out is a bug - none of mine have any text at all. However, I have an older version of the hold, so I'll see if I can fish the text out...:)

07-30-2003 at 09:20 PM
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8 (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
Watcher wrote:
The scroll blanking out is a bug - none of mine have any text at all. However, I have an older version of the hold, so I'll see if I can fish the text out...:)

Okay, now I've made it to L3 1N1E, so I'd really like to know what the scroll in it says. Anyone?

08-04-2003 at 11:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes