Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : new demo save option (impromptu saving)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
IP: Logged
icon new demo save option (0)  
One thing is would like to see is that another demo-saving option be added, such that you just have to press F6 then a button, and the demo will be saved from room entry up to this point. Sometimes you don't know ahead of time that you will want to save your moves. This shouldn't be hard to add since it is the same procedure as the "save on death" option. It isn't equivalent, however, because some rooms don't offer any way to die. Alternatively, a suicide button could be to allow you to voluntarily die and save a demo at any point.

-leroy

05-26-2005 at 11:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: new demo save option (+1)  
Try pressing F4 halfway through a room. :)

"Oook!"
05-26-2005 at 11:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
icon Re: new demo save option (0)  
Okay, so I'm feeling kinda dumb right now. (Even more so for thinking this would have escaped everyone else thus far.) Was this the case in 1.6 as well? If not, I can feel a little less dumb. I would still like a suicide button, though, just to see the look on Beethro's face as he falls on his own sword in a random act of suppukuness. -_-

-leroy

05-30-2005 at 08:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: new demo save option (0)  
F4 is a new feature, added in 2.0.

05-30-2005 at 03:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : new demo save option (impromptu saving)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com