Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Parity & Flow: Phase I (Maneuvering on both the large and small scale)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.0/10 (2 votes)
σ 1.00
Author Name:Xindaris
Submitted By:Xindaris
Hold Name:Parity & Flow: Phase I
Theme:Maneuvering on both the large and small scale
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:77
Number of Monsters:846
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Parity Flow Phase I.hold (56 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Other
icon Parity & Flow: Phase I  
A highly linear hold about navigating a maze of rooms whose traversibility changes depending on whether they are clear or not. Contains three levels of increasing difficulty, each themed around a specific monster type. Each level is a puzzle in and of itself, so expect to need to not clear some rooms at times, and expect to need to clear or "not clear" some rooms more than once even in the most efficient of routes. Some rooms are never clearable, while others are optional; clearing all of the optional rooms in a level and reaching its exit will net you access to that level's secret room.

Note that the map room in each level has a scripted means to reveal the entire level's actual map in full, so you never have to go in blind even if you don't understand the map room's "shorthand".
08-01-2024 at 04:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: Parity & Flow: Phase I (+1)  
I can't tell if I'm missing something or if Level 2 has a serious backtracking issue...

Click here to view the secret text

Am I missing something? Is this an error in the hold, or in my logic?
08-04-2024 at 04:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1584
icon Re: Parity & Flow: Phase I (0)  
Hmm, yes--it looks like the HA's and I missed one possible stuck case. Sorry about that--the design of the hold, and how complicated all the possible paths to try can get, make things like this easy to miss. I think it's partially attributable to me not thinking of 2S1E as a sufficiently hard room for people to skip past when first entering it.

I believe I could correct this with the addition of a seeding beacon in 1S3E, if I'm understanding the issue correctly. Whoever's in charge of such things, if you'd like me to actually post an update doing so, let me know.

For your save, I'm sorry to say it may be most expedient to restore and just reuse some of your old demos to redo rooms you solved before. Recording one's own demos when a victory demo won't be produced is strongly encouraged throughout this hold anyway.

Here are some links to Things!

[Last edited by Xindaris at 08-04-2024 07:03 PM]
08-04-2024 at 07:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2394
icon Re: Parity & Flow: Phase I (+2)  
Please mark unscoreable on the first two levels:

Level 1: The Entrance
Level 1: 1N
Level 2: 1S
Level 2: 3E

There will be others further on as well

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
08-05-2024 at 03:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1584
icon Re: Parity & Flow: Phase I (0)  
Ah, right, I always forget about non-scorable rooms. I should have everything covered now, I think.

Here are some links to Things!

08-05-2024 at 04:03 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Parity & Flow: Phase I (Maneuvering on both the large and small scale) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com