Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Pushing decoys onto weapon-changing tokens (What is the reasoning behind this interaction)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 647
IP: Logged
icon Pushing decoys onto weapon-changing tokens (+2)  
Hello,

I am posting this here since I am pretty sure this is not a bug, so I would like to understand the logic behind it.

If I have a staff and then I take a decoy potion and place it onto a weapon-changing token (let's say, a spear), the token activates and the decoy is equipped with a spear. However, if I place it on a random square, then I push it onto the token, it does not work and the decoy weapon remains the staff.
This feels a bit weird, but create some puzzle potential.
Anyone knows why this interaction was coded the way it is?

01-08-2024 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1143
IP: Logged
icon Re: Pushing decoys onto weapon-changing tokens (+2)  
There is no reasoning. The behavior is an oversight that has previously been the subject of much debate. (It's probably not being changed, however)

Token activation is done as a consequence of the player or monsters moving, in the same functions that make them move. Pushing needs its interactions handled separately, and tokens were not added to these places. So when something is pushed onto the token, the token will not activate.

01-08-2024 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Pushing decoys onto weapon-changing tokens (What is the reasoning behind this interaction)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com