Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : How do I avoid triggering quests?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
thestor
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon How do I avoid triggering quests? (0)  
Hello, just tried out this game recently a bit, and I like it so far.

However, starting out as a warrior, I would like to level up first before getting quest after quest.

After the first night, I save the man from my vision. Now, on my first playthrough, sleeping in hi village triggered the break-in, until I spend a bit more time during the night, then I evaded this. I restarted my playthrough because I messed up (let the fox escape), but now, the break-in is triggered even when I stay up late.

I also tried sleeping in the first town instead, but that triggers, the abduction (:~() it seems.

So, where can I sleep without triggering ever more quests before I am ready? In Hero's Quest, I was one of those people who would max out their char before doing the game proper. :D
04-25-2023 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: How do I avoid triggering quests? (0)  
Just because you "trigger" a quest doesn't mean you have to complete it immediately. Off the top of my head, several events happen early on after X days or after entering location Y, because this engages (most) players.

04-26-2023 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
thestor
Radiant wrote:
Just because you "trigger" a quest doesn't mean you have to complete it immediately. Off the top of my head, several events happen early on after X days or after entering location Y, because this engages (most) players.
Guess I am gonna leave someone out in the col for a day then. Still, I apparently managed to get though the second night without anything happening once, I would like to repeat that. Also, leaving someone caged while I go frolicking around kinda gets in the way of the heroic (!) power fantasy.
04-28-2023 at 05:49 PM
thestor
Apologies for the criticism, I just really like this game and got really into it, bit too much, gotta get around to do gamey stuff again. :P
05-28-2023 at 06:10 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : How do I avoid triggering quests?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com