Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Bought on itch.io, did not get a steam key but did get the download (As it says on the tin)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mharmless
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged

File: leylines no steam key.png (159.5 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Bought on itch.io, did not get a steam key but did get the download (0)  
This appears to be the preferred contact method, so posting here instead of on the itch page itself.

Made the purchase under this same username on itch.io about ten minutes ago. Download is on there, but no steam key. On other itch games I've bought with steam keys, it will just show a section for the key near the bottom.

Attached a picture of my downloads page with my email domain blocked out.

Would you mind sending one manually? Preferably to my email from the itch order (I assume you see those on your side?), but a DM here would work
01-05-2023 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mharmless

File: Leylines comes with steam.png (70.6 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
icon Re: Bought on itch.io, did not get a steam key but did get the download (0)  
Was limited to one attachment so I only attached the invoice. Figured I could reply here to attach the snip showing it is supposed to have a steam key.
01-06-2023 at 03:59 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Bought on itch.io, did not get a steam key but did get the download (0)  
Ok, I'll check on Itch what's wrong here because this probably affects other players as well. Give me a couple days please.

01-10-2023 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mharmless
No problem, and thank you.
01-10-2023 at 06:43 PM
Radiant
Ok, I've changed some settings on Itch.io and it should work now. Can you check on that site and see if it links you to a steam key now? Thank you!

01-21-2023 at 02:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mharmless

File: leylines key shows up now.png (130.6 KB)
Downloaded 37 times.
Looks like that did the trick, attached what I see after your change. Revealed and activated the key without a problem, thank you very much.

Do you mind sharing what had to change to fix it? My blind guess is some buried toggle or something relating to issuing keys while game is on sale.
01-21-2023 at 03:27 PM
Radiant
I indeed spent time looking for a buried toggle like the one you describe. In the end, getting a new key file from Steam and uploading that did the trick.

01-21-2023 at 03:36 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Bought on itch.io, did not get a steam key but did get the download (As it says on the tin)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com