Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Homeward Adventure : Eastern World : Entrance
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
tumtitum
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged
icon Homeward Adventure : Eastern World : Entrance (+1)  
On completing Cruiser Innards with my tar baby, I was given the choice to go back to Eastern World, Assuming that there were challenges there for the tar baby different to Gunthro I made the selection. Unfortunately I now appear to be trapped. The tar baby cannot operate the button to allow access to the beach, nor do anything to pass through Auxiliary Ascension 1N1W. Can I make progress from this point at all or am I going to have start again from scratch?
03-25-2021 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Homeward Adventure : Eastern World : Entrance (+1)  
I tried doing the same thing to investigate, and I was Beethro when I went back to Eastern World. And the exit was just to the west anyhow, so I could leave any time. So I'm confused about what exactly you did - it sounds like some script didn't work, but I have no idea why that would be the case.

Regardless, you won't have to start the whole hold over. Just use the Restore feature and you can start from any room you've been to, so you can pick one much closer to the part where the problem happened.
03-25-2021 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Homeward Adventure : Eastern World : Entrance (+1)  
I've looked at the hold in the editor and there is a backtracking issue here. Normally the map is supposed to send you to Eastern World: 1W which avoids this issue. However, revisiting the previous level changes the map entrance to Eastern World: Entrance which doesn't have the same precautions.

In any case, like Dragon Fogel said, you don't lose any progress if you restore back to the end of Cruiser Innards and choose a different level.

[Last edited by Doom at 03-25-2021 06:01 PM]
03-25-2021 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Homeward Adventure : Eastern World : Entrance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com