Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Teleporting the player does not properly update scrolls
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1585
IP: Logged

File: Teleport scrolls.hold (982 bytes)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Teleporting the player does not properly update scrolls (+2)  
If the player steps on a tile with a scroll on it and scripting causes him to teleport to a different tile with another scroll on it, the scroll graphic continues to show the scroll the player stepped on instead of the one he teleported to. This persists as long as the player stays on the tile the teleport ended at, but corrects itself if the player undoes a move.

I've attached a fairly minimal example of this. If you step onto the western scroll, you'll see that you still have the west scroll's text showing even though Beethro is now standing on the east one. And, if you undo after turning a couple of times, then you'll be able to read the eastern scroll.

Edit: This problem also occurs if the player starts on a tile with a scroll, moves off of it and then teleports onto another scroll. In this case, the scroll the player was on before he moved will continue to show instead of the one he teleported onto.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 01-15-2021 10:15 PM]
01-15-2021 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Teleporting the player does not properly update scrolls
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com