Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Cottage Style (WIP) (A countryside village style)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
IP: Logged

File: Cottage.dmf (667.8 KB)
Downloaded 28 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Cottage Style (WIP) (+7)  
Cottage Style

Over the last couple of years I've been very slowly working on a new DROD room style. I wanted to make a style that would work well for a village or town, with the plan of having a load of obstacles that were more useful for populating houses than big piles of skulls, a grey ball thing, multiple types of desk, and a really big grey ball thing.

Unfortunately, I am bad at drawing obstacles, so I only got as far as replacing the small and large bushes with flowers and trees. But rather than keep the style on my computer forever, I made the rest of the obstacles the Aboveground obstacles for now and figured I'd let this style loose onto the wider world to see what people think. If you have ideas for obstacles you'd really like to see, let me know, and maybe I'll drum up the motivation to try and draw some of this stuff. Maybe.

To install, download the attached file, then in the editor, click "Manage" under your room style options and Import. You might need to manually edit the ini file with some music.

Thanks to Zch's Template which takes a lot of hassle out of making new room styles.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-03-2020 08:55 PM]
10-03-2020 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
IP: Logged

File: CottageScreen.jpg (532.9 KB)
Downloaded 178 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Cottage Style (WIP) (+6)  

10-03-2020 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Cottage Style (WIP) (A countryside village style)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com