Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Random Dungeon (Puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.5/10 (2 votes)
σ 0.50
Author Name:StoneHead
Submitted By:StoneHead
Hold Name:Random Dungeon
Theme:Puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:52
Number of Monsters:609
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Random Dungeon.hold (31.1 KB)
Downloaded 248 times.
License: Other
icon Random Dungeon  
A small puzzly hold. It has no specific theme, it's just a set of some random puzzles. 4 levels are required, other 2 are post-mastery section. If it's not clear enough, you have to return to the very begining of the hold after you reach "The end" level (I thought it has logic, like Beethro had cleared the hold and now he leaves)
07-19-2020 at 11:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Random Dungeon (+1)  
This was a tricky hold, most of the time in interesting ways. A solid first effort by a new architect!

I enjoyed this overall, though I got stuck on a secret in Level 2 for a while. Half of that was just overlooking something very simple, though.

I also wasn't too fond of the postmastery Eye Level, particularly the fact that there were six rooms of clearing tar blobs and rock giants. Also, none of those rooms had any checkpoints in the battle area, which would be a severe inconvenience for anyone who plays without unlimited undo. The other half of the level was not-quite-Lights-Out puzzles which felt a bit trial and error, though I do appreciate that there is a general method (explained near the end, before a room that's deliberately messy but equivalent to the same puzzle). Overall I felt that was the weakest part of the hold. The other postmastery level was much more interesting.

Level 1: 1N1W, Eye level: The entrance, and Eye Level: 1N are currently marked scorable, but have no monsters or puzzles to solve. They also take more than one move to clear, so will not be automatically marked unscorable by the spider. I don't know if the architect cares one way or the other about this, but in case they do, those are the rooms to look at marking unscorable.
07-22-2020 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: Random Dungeon (+1)  
Super-solid first effort by a new architect. Hoping to see more from StoneHead in the future!

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
08-07-2020 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Random Dungeon (Puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com