Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Weather variables
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kaelyn
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 76
IP: Logged
icon Weather variables (+3)  
I propose seven new predefined variables for controlling the environment through scripting:

• _Weather. This variable bitwise-encodes the five binary weather options (outside, lightning, clouds overhead, cloud shadows, skip crossfade) into a single integer. Its value ranges from 0 (no options selected) to 31 (all options selected).

• _Darkness controls how dark the room is, with a value between 0 and 6.

• _Fog controls the fog cover, with a value between 0 and 3.

• _Snow controls the level of snowfall, with a value between 0 and 9.

• _Rain controls the intensity of rainfall, with a value between 0 and 19.

• _Clouds controls which type of open sky gets reflected in water, with a value between 0 (default) and 13 (SunsetRed).

• _RoomStyle controls what style the room has, with a value between 0 and 11. I recommend adding a second column in the Mod Management screen that shows which styles have which values. Custom styles have a value of -1. If you try to set _RoomStyle to any number outside the 0-11 range, nothing happens.

By letting scripts check and set these variables, architects will enjoy a more versatile toolkit for designing environments.
08-07-2019 at 02:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Weather variables (0)  
PR

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-07-2022 at 07:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Weather variables (+3)  
It looks like the Outside wall shadows are now always on at no darkness, regardless of if to try to change the setting with this var or not.

I made a character that incremented _RoomWeather by 1 every turn. The water reflections would stay on, but would turn off only during undoes.

During a light crossfade when changing the darkness level, it seems that most of the time your inputs queue up quickly, it's hard to not end up doing a double-move.
06-08-2023 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Weather variables (0)  
'Outside' redraw fix: PR

(thanks, hyperme!)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-09-2023 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Weather variables
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com