Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : Ten-minutes distraction (A short Distraction)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.2/10 (10 votes)
σ 0.87
Author Name:Suwako
Submitted By:Suwako
Hold Name:Ten-minutes distraction
Theme:A short Distraction
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:34
Number of Monsters:84
Version:DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale (1.1)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Ten-minutes distraction.drh (5.2 KB)
Downloaded 310 times.
License: Other
icon Ten-minutes distraction  
Based on another standard DROD hold: Twenty-minutes distraction, I did this.

A lot of time ago I though about to make a DROD:RPG hold in a hour, and the rules were that it had to be make in a hour (test included), that had to be 3 levels, and that it could be simple.

This hold have them, three levels, simple, fun (or at least is what I think) and made in just 45 minutes.

Enjoy :D.
01-07-2016 at 04:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Ten-minutes distraction (+1)  
I think we could actually use more holds like this one for RPG, quick bite-size holds that are fairly straightforward and easy to beat, but have some amount of optimisation potential (i.e. are not completely trivial). It's a nice change from the long and complex mega-holds that RPG holds tend to be, and the smaller range of choices make it a good training ground for practising to get better at RPG, comparing yourself to the scores on the leaderboards and trying to figure out the tricks.

This hold was made in 45 minutes and it shows as it is very unpolished, but given that it was done as a challenge to make it under such restraints I think the hold came out quite well.
01-07-2016 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Ten-minutes distraction (+1)  
I agree with kiearnmillar. And if Suwako could massproduce holds like this with only a slight time investment I certanly wouldn't complain. If it was as fun making it as it was playing it, that is.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 01-10-2016 12:10 PM]
01-10-2016 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : Ten-minutes distraction (A short Distraction) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com