Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest Bug? (Left Eye of Thiassi missing)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Codcat
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest Bug? (0)  
Hello I've completed up to receiving both eyes but the left eye is missing from my inventory.
I spoke to Aurvandel and told him the people of Fornsigtuna will vouch for me. He cast a spell and a dark red gemstone appeared in my hand message popped up. But I did this when he was in the guild hall, not his room.

I then travelled to Munarvagir using figurine horse and finished off the tasks there for the right eye. At this point nothing seemed to happen or proceed, I checked my inventory and I can only see the right eye in it. The left eye is gone or was never there, I've been back and spoke to the wizard again but there's nothing that can be said about it.

Anyone else experienced this bug or know how to fix it? I don't have an old save I can go back to.

Edit: I forgot to say that I got the troll fight cutscene after I received the right eye.

[Last edited by Codcat at 04-14-2015 07:50 AM]
04-14-2015 at 07:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Heroine's Quest Bug? (0)  
Try putting some of your inventory into your chest (at the guild) and see if it shows up?
04-14-2015 at 12:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Codcat
Thanks for the advice, sadly it didn't work. Still only have the right eye.
What I need is a save game editor where I can place the item manually in my inventory.

The saves are in hex, easily manipulated.
04-14-2015 at 01:34 PM
Fizzii
Could you please send me the save file so I can look at it? If I can't see what the issue is, I'll get Radiant to check it out.

My email is fizzii_ish@yahoo.com. It will be a couple of days before I can check it out as I'm currently away travelling, so hope that's ok with you.
04-14-2015 at 10:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Codcat
Sorry I forgot to reply, sent this morning via email :)
04-15-2015 at 08:58 AM
Fizzii
Thanks. I checked it out but I can't find the issue so I've forwarded on to Radiant. Hopefully he can look at it soon :)
04-16-2015 at 10:52 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Yep. That's quite an unusual bug you've got there; as far as I know you're the first to encounter this. I hope to be able to tell you more over the weekend.

Codcat wrote:
What I need is a save game editor where I can place the item manually in my inventory.
I'm afraid we don't have one of those. The saved game is essentially a copy of the working memory from our engine (AGS). Since the saved games can be several megabytes in size, I really wouldn't know which byte corresponds to which inventory item.

That said, it shouldn't be a problem to get you a saved game from the endgame, i.e. after you obtain the two eyes and head for Gastropnir Keep.

04-16-2015 at 11:07 PM
Codcat
Okay thank you, don't put too much effort into it though.

I was near end game anyway and have already enjoyed my experience playing. I might go through again from start as another class, but i'd definitely not want to run into the same bug again :)
04-17-2015 at 02:38 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
I'm afraid I have been unable to reproduce this. And, I should tell you, the game has been out for more than a year and nobody else out of thousands of players has mentioned anything like this before. I've just checked all the ways in the script that let you lose items, and none of them apply to the Eyes (except Kraka's midnight thievery scene, but you've already done that in chapter one).

So I recommend that you play the game again as Sorceress or Rogue; they play very differently from the Warrior. I seriously doubt that you'll encounter this issue again, but just to be sure, make an extra saved game before you get the gem from Aurvandel (and if that manages to reproduce the bug, I'll fix it).

04-17-2015 at 05:54 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest Bug? (Left Eye of Thiassi missing)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com