Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Rodents of unusual size (One level hold on lemmings)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 618
IP: Logged
icon Re: Rodents of unusual size (0)  
New update.

2N3W: I knew your demo was still good, but now you can't get the challenge with your current solution.
2E: I tried to do this long time ago but I didn't control those pp as you did. Nice catch but I fixed it.
6N2W: Maybe fixed?
2N2W: It's almost impossible to enforce my solution without spoiling it, so I just decided to put a challenge for it, hoping that it really forces to use my solution. I scripted it though I don't understand why it doesn't work.

What's left to do:

- Fix script challenge in 1W (I'm not sure what I should do)
- Possibly scripting a challenge for 2N2E (is it possible to script it?)
- Replay broken rooms and new challenges.

09-06-2016 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
Red-XIII wrote:
2N3W: I knew your demo was still good, but now you can't get the challenge with your current solution.

I haven't looked at the new version, but I'm pretty sure I was earning the challenge in the last version. Note that I didn't need the mirror until I try to reach the trapdoor for the challenge, which I think is the purpose of the challenge.

09-07-2016 at 03:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
blorx1 wrote:
Red-XIII wrote:

I haven't looked at the new version, but I'm pretty sure I was earning the challenge in the last version. Note that I didn't need the mirror until I try to reach the trapdoor for the challenge, which I think is the purpose of the challenge.

The last demo I have for 2N3W is the one you made August 22. About the new one, I can't find it attached to a post. So far 2N3W is the same as the older version.

[Last edited by Red-XIII at 09-07-2016 08:18 AM]
09-07-2016 at 08:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
Red-XIII wrote:
The last demo I have for 2N3W is the one you made August 22. About the new one, I can't find it attached to a post. So far 2N3W is the same as the older version.

Ah good point. I meant that I had to make only negligible changes to my demo. I moved the mirror to 11,22 before releasing the lemming. If the lemming is supposed to push the mirror into the end area instead of me, then I guess something would have to change, but it would be minor because I could use sword to block lemming and use that to change its path instead of killing it.

09-07-2016 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Yes, my solution also involved the mirror in that spot, though I used a slighlty different route for the lemming. If you think that the challenge is almost the same as exit-south solution I'll remove it.

09-08-2016 at 09:13 AM
blorx1

File: Rous Lemmingland 2E Victory.demo (14.3 KB)
Downloaded 24 times.
License: Public Domain
6N2W: Definitely not trivial any more. My current solution requires me to
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by blorx1 at 09-11-2016 02:11 AM]
09-11-2016 at 02:10 AM
Red-XIII
New update.

6N2W: Yes, that's intended.
2E: Definitely not trivial so I decided to leave it and I added I challenge for my original solution which involves using only lemmings.
2N2W: I changed it a bit because I broke my challenge, but now it should work fine (hope the scroll is not misleading). To be honest, I'm quite happy that I managed to create a challenge you couldn't solve :P But this also means that it's really finicky, so it's better to leave it as a challenge (which now works).

What's left to do:

- Replay 1N2E, though I believe there shouldn't be any US, only variants to my solution.
- Fix challenge script in 1W, please help me with that.
- Maybe scripting a challenge for 2N2E (kill monsters one by one, is it possible?)

09-11-2016 at 01:06 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: Rodents of unusual size (+1)  
2N2E: First character:
Second character:

How this works: Every turn, if a lemming was killed that turn, the variable is incremented. It will only ever reach 5 if all the lemmings are killed on distinct turns. Naturally, you would have to update the scroll with the new condition.

1W:

7N1W: Not entirely happy with the way the scroll is worded. How about changing "a specific quirk of the lemming" to "a specific quirk of the way the lemming is scripted"?

[Last edited by Nuntar at 09-11-2016 04:15 PM]
09-11-2016 at 04:07 PM
blorx1
For 2N2W you should probably specify whether or not the column of the bridge is allowed.

Also, I seem to have cleared the challenge, now that I don't have to leave to the south it helps a lot, but I think it also practically forces the player to break the room to go to the south.

1N2E Seems to be working, only needed about 4 lemmings, but the idea is there.

[Last edited by blorx1 at 09-11-2016 04:27 PM]
09-11-2016 at 04:08 PM
Red-XIII
Thank you very much Nuntar, everything works fine now. About the scroll in 7N1W, I wrote that because not everyone knows how the lemming is scripted; the hint should be that if something is valid for a monster then the same thing is not valid for the lemming. If you think that your description is the best way to give this hint I'll change it.

1N2E: Only 4 lemming? Cool. Can I see the demo? If it's not trivial I can add a challenge for my solution or yours.

2N2W: Wait, what? You can't get the challenge and exit South now. I mean, it doesn't really matter since all I want is for the player to use the bent-tail lemming to kill the regular lemming, exiting South is now a different solution.

[Last edited by Red-XIII at 09-11-2016 04:44 PM]
09-11-2016 at 04:43 PM
blorx1

File: Rous Lemmingland 1N2E Victory.demo (14.6 KB)
Downloaded 25 times.
License: Public Domain
Here's the solution for 1N2E.

As for 2N2W: what I meant was that I'd probably have to use my original breaky solution to leave to the south, but I guess that may not be a big deal.

09-11-2016 at 05:10 PM
Red-XIII
1N2E: I think I'll leave it as it is and I won't add a challenge since my solution is kind of a mess.
2N2W: I think your original solution is no more doable since you can't use the lemming anymore.

I believe there's nothing more to test (1N3W should work fine) so I think I'll send this to HA.

PS: I added many checkpoints.

09-11-2016 at 06:50 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Rodents of unusual size (One level hold on lemmings)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com