Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : How do you get Balmung?
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zachski
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: How do you get Balmung? (0)  
Click here to view the secret text

ADDENDUM:

So, I'm thinking that when you're talking to the Jarl at the beginning of the game, what you are saying isn't actually an untrue boast.

"A fierce warrior whose blade strikes true!" Well, you did just slay a boar (with a spear but that's semantics) and you're certainly fierce.
"An aspiring mystic and wielder of the siedh" Again, true, and humble to boot.
"A cunning rogue and stealer of coin" Quite foolish to say, but you've gotta have a bit of cunning to even BEGIN to be a rogue, so again, true.

You only have to worry about "undue boasting" when it comes to talking to the Norns, as it DOES enter the realm of ridiculousness then.

[Last edited by Zachski at 01-03-2014 03:03 AM]
01-03-2014 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
starofjustice
Does letting Sigrun have a reunion with her husband count against you, since it's technically grave robbery?

Should add I put his skull back, locked the tomb and gave the key back.

[Last edited by starofjustice at 01-09-2014 03:15 AM]
01-09-2014 at 03:14 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
If you put it all back, and didn't do it for gain of gold/riches, but did it to help someone out, then it's not exactly dishonorable :P

I have enjoyed reading the dilemmas here regarding what is right and what is wrong and what is in question. I mean, in the game, the heroine is meant to be doing things for the greater good (or for glory) and Egther is portrayed as the bad guy who is evil. But from Egther's perspective, he is trying to right the wrongs done to him and his fellow giants.

And who is to say who is right between Regin and Fafnir? The heroine has no proof to judge anything. Suffice to say, I don't believe the game deducts honour for helping Regin because of this moral quandry, but it is still possible to get the chest and not actually kill Fafnir yourself (and I think, no one has found that yet).

Same with the introductions "I am a warrior" "I am a sorceress" "I am a rogue". I believe those are more for effect and not actually regarded as dishonorable to say, even if it may come off a bit boastful.
01-09-2014 at 04:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Arnblas
Fizzii wrote: I don't believe the game deducts honour for helping Regin because of this moral quandry, but it is still possible to get the chest and not actually kill Fafnir yourself (and I think, no one has found that yet).
I have obtained the chest without killing Fafnir, though I'm not certain I have found whatever special method you may be referring to here.
01-09-2014 at 12:15 PM
Antidragon4185
Rank Points: 11
Arnblas wrote:
I have obtained the chest without killing Fafnir, though I'm not certain I have found whatever special method you may be referring to here.
I assume that you simply ran away? I did as well, but I too thought that method lacked the the right flair.

I have a theory though... maybe you could throw down a gemstone to distract Fafnir as he chases you? I'll need to check that out, but the game does mention that he craves gems more than anything else...

[Last edited by Antidragon4185 at 01-09-2014 04:43 PM]
01-09-2014 at 04:41 PM
ATMachine
Rank Points: 11
I figured out how to defeat Fafnir nonviolently!

Really awesome game.

01-09-2014 at 10:13 PM
Arastior
I have I think 403 of 500 points and 79 honor.
i didn't do anything dishonorable. Everybody but Snorry hav vouched for me. I didn;t kill Fafnir. Where are other 11 honor points?
02-15-2014 at 02:03 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : How do you get Balmung?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com