Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - End Game / Boss Fight (possible spoilers)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - End Game / Boss Fight (0)  
ConjurerDragon wrote:
When I enter the frozen door of Eghbert I get the text that the daggers are frozen in their sheaths and I can only dodge - however in the display where usually in a fight the weapons and the arrows for dogding are displayed, in that fight there are only empty boxes?
The icons don't show up but the dodge buttons do work as normal.

You can think of this as Egther's trickery, if you like. It's also on my to-do list to fix for the next release.

10-16-2017 at 07:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ConjurerDragon
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Radiant wrote:
ConjurerDragon wrote:
When I enter the frozen door of Eghbert I get the text that the daggers are frozen in their sheaths and I can only dodge - however in the display where usually in a fight the weapons and the arrows for dogding are displayed, in that fight there are only empty boxes?
The icons don't show up but the dodge buttons do work as normal.

You can think of this as Egther's trickery, if you like. It's also on my to-do list to fix for the next release.

I have defeated Egther as a Warrior and as a Sorcerer so I understand the interface. However playing a Rogue I at most can evade the first of his attacks.
Not only are the evasion buttons lacking their icons (which I could understand as his witchcraft to trick me) but they seem less receptive when clicked with the mouse. Sometimes nothing happens and the Rogue avatar simply stands there waiting to be iced, sometimes despite holding down the mousekey while clicking the evasion button results in a brief movement to evade and immediate return into the normal stance to be frozen.

At first I thought that was because of lacking winterequipment (in my last attempt at playing a Loki trickster rogue) I had sacrificed the scarf for the amulett and forgot to collect the reward for saving the Jarl - so my only protective gear were the boots and I thought facing Egther that would be the cause that I die often and quickly. But in my current game I have scarf, boots and the magical cloak and in the fight that does not make a difference regarding cold and frost and evasion. I would like to at least once strike back at the Jotunn who claims to be the only Jotunn left in Midgard (despite having personally met a dozen inlcuding Brauggi in the forest) :pokey
10-28-2017 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
This battle is not dependent on your gear. If you survive for a bit then you do get to strike back in true roguish fashion. I suggest that your timing may be off; other people have not reported issues with this fight (other than the missing icons). It's the end boss so it's supposed to be harder than a normal fight.

10-28-2017 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - End Game / Boss Fight (possible spoilers)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com