Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Invisibility potion and roach eggs (Flow time)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 647
IP: Logged
icon Invisibility potion and roach eggs (0)  
Hi everyone :) I'm not sure if I had to write this in the section feature request but here is good too I think.
This is something that you probably know since the first release of DROD but I discovered it recently, I'm talking about how roach eggs reacts to invisibility potion.
I'll explain better; if I wait for a queen to spawn and then I immediately pick an IP the queen will stop moving/making actions but the roach egg will continue growing until the roach is born. I don't understand why it has been chosen like this, was it because of the flow time? If so why tarstuff don't grow if you are invisible? It should be the same, if you are invisible you don't stop time, so if roach eggs grow then also queen and tarstuff should grow even if you are invisible (of course babies will remain near their birth spot because they don't see you). Since the IP cannot be changed wouldn't be cool a potion that stops the time? (maybe for 3 spawns, so 90 moves). Personally I can see many good puzzles with this potion, what do you think about it?

10-13-2012 at 09:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
icon Re: Invisibility potion and roach eggs (+1)  
You don't actually stop time when you're invisible. The way I figure; tarstuff only grows to protect itself when one of the eyes has vision of an enemy. If no enemy is in vision, the tarstuff preserves its energy. That's just a guess though.

(At this point this would be impossible to change, as it would alter too many published rooms.)

10-13-2012 at 11:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1143
icon Re: Invisibility potion and roach eggs (+1)  
Because eggs don't react to anything. They just grow. Tarstuff growing is a reaction of the Mother to Beethro's presence in a room. Invisibility Potions hide Beethro pretty well, but monsters can still smell him from a distance.

Incidentally, when brains notice invisible Beethro all monsters react, proving that brains have psychic powers.

10-13-2012 at 11:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 647
icon Re: Invisibility potion and roach eggs (0)  
Oh, I never thought about that, these are nice explanations and they are consistent with the gameplay. I understood very well, thanks!

10-13-2012 at 11:23 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Invisibility potion and roach eggs (Flow time)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com