Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Conspiracy (Back to DROD, Back to holds)
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
IP: Logged
icon Re: Conspiracy (+1)  
1S2E. All right, I quit: Here's my solution:
Click here to view the secret text

Edited

1S4E: I'm not sure about movement order. This room is the same as the original one. I'll see what.
And yup, next version will be editable.

Also, you're right, there is another unaccessible room in the level. Same problem as EW. Fact is, I can't delete them with your method :P Dunno.

-Neather2.

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-08-2011 08:57 AM]
07-08-2011 at 05:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Conspiracy (0)  
Ah, so your solution to 1S2E does not use the 1x1 platform at (4,19). Why don't you just remove it? If the player later wants to traverse the conquered room, they can use the clone.
07-08-2011 at 05:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Neather2
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
Ah, so your solution to 1S2E does not use the 1x1 platform at (4,19). Why don't you just remove it? If the player later wants to traverse the conquered room, they can use the clone.

You're right. Still, I think there is something I am missing. How do you place the clone on the 2x2 platform to save the roach and then get back to the roach area without kill it or getting killed? And would it solve the problem?

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-08-2011 05:55 AM]
07-08-2011 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
icon Re: Conspiracy (+2)  
When I enter the roach area at (14,14) using the 1x1 platform, the roach is at (14,11), blocked by the force arrow.

If you want me to place the clone in the roach area at the beginning, you have to make it impossible for me to get in there later. Now, I'm using the 1x1 platform to enter. The 1x1 platform isn't needed, so you can remove it. I could also use the 2x2 platform to enter at (11,11), but a couple of well-placed obstacles could stop me from doing that too.
07-08-2011 at 06:16 AM
Neather2
Thanks for your help. I've fixed the room another time. Platform removed and added some more walls. Also, this new version is Anyone Edit. Fell free to look into Unfallen Garden if you want. However, some of the rooms are not complete. (Version at the top)

07-08-2011 at 06:21 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Thank you for the Anyone Edit version. That makes bug finding much easier!

In 1S2E, you've now forced me to place the clone in the roach area. My solution differs from yours just a little bit:

And in doing just a preliminary path check in the editor, I see that it is possible to do the southern path first, and enter 3E from the east side... which breaks the room. You could easily fix that by putting a sword token on the green door. The green door will be closed if I try to conquer from the east side, so I'll only be able to touch that sword token once. Another fix would be to extend the green door one square west.
07-08-2011 at 07:12 AM
Neather2

I'm going to have some sport now. I'll be back in a one or two hours. If you're not here, see you tomorrow and really thank you :)

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-08-2011 07:24 AM]
07-08-2011 at 07:19 AM
Neather2
Could you please answer these questions?

1) Do you think the puzzles are a bit too finicky or they are enjoyable in their difficult? (Easy/medium/hard I don't care)
2) Do you think there should be more puzzles in the levels? I'm going to have two or three more levels in the hold, and If someone can conquer a puzzle in some minutes, then he can also get through the entire work in less then an hour. Note: I don't care about that, I'm not saying I want to stump players. I just want to understand If people like that or not.
3) If you were me, what would you add to the hold?
4) Can you please describe how you put that mimic on the platform in 1S2E? Looks like you broke my skills more than my rooms :P

-Neather2. Thanks.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-08-2011 07:38 AM]
07-08-2011 at 07:37 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Neather2 wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I don't think it would change my solution. I can kill the first snake in a dead end too.
1) Do you think the puzzles are a bit too finicky or they are enjoyable in their difficult?
I am here in your topic because I am enjoying your puzzles. :)
If I find something too finicky to be fun, I will tell you. For example, I felt this way about the ending of EA 3S, and you changed it. I would probably also feel this way about the original intended solution to UET 1S4E, if we ever figure out what it was.
2) Do you think there should be more puzzles in the levels? I'm going to have two or three more levels in the hold, and If someone can conquer a puzzle in some minutes, then he can also get through the entire work in less then an hour.
Yikes! Who is conquering your rooms in minutes? It takes me about an hour to conquer one of your puzzle rooms for the first time... that is, if I don't see a quick and easy unintended solution.

Right now your levels have a nice balance of serious puzzles and other fun stuff. If you have a great idea for another puzzle that fits, sure, put it in. But there's no need to force yourself to make the levels bigger.
3) If you were me, what would you add to the hold?
I'm not you. :P
4) Can you please describe how you put that mimic on the platform in 1S2E?
Apparently, there are many ways to do it without the snake. Every time I try, I do it differently. Here's what I did just now:

07-08-2011 at 10:08 AM
Neather2
Glad you liked my puzzles. And I laughed at answer number 3 :P :D
Ok, thank you for your help with 1S2E. I think I will leave the room like it is now and use the snake trick with another room. Did you see Unfallen Garden anyhow?

Edit: Please have a special look to the first puzzle in UG and the one with the exit level stairs. They're for sure possible and completed.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-08-2011 07:46 PM]
07-08-2011 at 10:18 AM
Neather2
Fixed 3E at the top. Nothing new anyhow. Just a few puzzles in UG.

07-09-2011 at 06:07 AM
Neather2
All right, I have got something more with the just released version number 6:

•Stairs from Undone Empire Tunnels finally go straight to an opened Unfallen Garden, which you can easily explore. Note that this level has got many uncomplete puzzles, but there are 3 finished and fully tested. These are the two upper ones, and the large room with the staircase. The others are finished too, but I still need to do some playtesting. Feel free to play them.
•Empty rooms removed. Now you should have 100% rooms visited if you got all the required and unrequired rooms cleared.
•Storyline written. You don't know anything, of course. It is a great progress for me, because I can easily complete all the cutscenes and the remaining levels too.

-Neather2 :)

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-09-2011 06:39 PM]
07-09-2011 at 06:38 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
I've spent a lot of time looking at the two upper puzzles in Unfallen Gardens, and can not solve either of them. :weep

2N1W looked the most promising to me. Did you, by any chance, reflect this puzzle horizontally? I made a copy of your room, reflected it, and was able to solve the result. My solution depended on the movement order of two spawned roaches. There's a gap between them in the reflected puzzle I solved, but no gap between them in your 2N1W. This is because, no matter what you do with the rest of the room, the movement order of spawned roaches always increases from left to right.
07-10-2011 at 04:47 AM
Neather2
Nope. This is not reflected, but the room is rather tricky. Here are some hints:
Hints removed

Also, I really thought that Unfallen Garden was at least 50% easier than the other levels. Looks like I was wrong.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-11-2011 05:47 AM]
07-10-2011 at 06:00 AM
Neather2
Little note: I had a small problem with the second upper room in Unfallen Garden, but I don't think you got far there in the room, so it is not a problem for you. New version uploaded with the fix.

07-10-2011 at 06:55 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
You were right about 2N1W - I've solved it now.

I still cannot solve 2N2W. I see that you've edited it so that it's now possible to leave the room after conquering. But I'm stuck earlier than that.
Also, 2N1W needs at least one checkpoint, please.
07-11-2011 at 04:14 AM
Neather2
Next version will have more checkpoints in Unfallen Garden.

The room:
Hints removed

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-12-2011 05:24 AM]
07-11-2011 at 05:17 AM
Neather2
Here are a few more hints:

Hints removed

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-12-2011 05:24 AM]
07-11-2011 at 05:59 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Ah, yes...

I am playing 3.2.0.83, where a bug shows up involving the mimic, mirror, and token. Exploiting the bug allows me to do the token part of the room slightly faster. However I did check that the room is also solvable without triggering the bug.
07-11-2011 at 09:19 PM
Neather2

Downloaded version 3.2.1, which makes the token/mirror/mimic trick impossible.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-12-2011 06:48 AM]
07-12-2011 at 05:23 AM
Neather2
Ready for a huge release in some days. Stay tuned.

07-18-2011 at 10:33 AM
Neather2
Released version 7. There is a lot of work to do. This new one provides some cutscenes/story changes. Just one new puzzle added in UET and it is still under test. I wanted to give this new version because it changes completely the start and the story of the hold. Have fun.

08-25-2011 at 08:47 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
I'm glad you're still working on this.

I've started replaying from the beginning to see all your changes. The story looks pretty interesting.

I like the new idea of having a hub level (External Academy Paths). It has a little backtracking problem. In 2S, it's possible to walk straight through the room without solving it, and without entering UET. If the player does that, they won't be able to go back.

I'm looking at the new room in UET right now. If I understand the trapdoors and pressure plates correctly, it seems like a neat idea. However, finishing the room after the mimics get to the ends of their paths looks very hard, if not impossible to me. I'll wait until you've finished testing and adjusting this room before I spend more time on it.
08-28-2011 at 05:22 AM
Neather2
No, I haven't forgotten all this stuff. I have just been studying hard for a while and I hadn't had a lot of time for Drod. However, I'm back here and I released the V8 of my hold, which provides an edited and fully-tested version of that room in Undone Empire Tunnels. I'm now working on the game and I'll be able to release more rooms very soon. Thank you.

List of changes:
•Undone Empire Tunnels fully tested
•Unfallen Garden completed

[Last edited by Neather2 at 12-24-2011 10:43 AM]
12-24-2011 at 10:41 AM
Neather2
Version 9 has just been released and it provides a refined introduction to the hold with sound effects and new speeches. A new puzzle has been added in the first level. It is fully tested.

03-23-2012 at 06:10 PM
Neather2
Additional story, cutscenes and rooms with V 9.1.
The file is getting a bit heavy, please tell me if it is worth it or I should remove some sounds and/or features.

03-25-2012 at 10:24 AM
Neather2
Now that GetEB is out, I've made a huge progress with this hold. A new version has been released, and the whole game is 80% completed. I have now 3 full-playable puzzle levels with different styles and landscapes, and lots of cutscenes and dialogues with a bit of sound effects. Have fun, and please give your thoughts. :)

04-04-2012 at 12:45 PM
Neather2
List of changes in V85%:

1) Some of the cutscenes have been made faster and a lighting effect has been added with some easy scripting;
2) The Endurance Chambers level is now completed and has been added (Fully playable).

04-05-2012 at 02:41 PM
Neather2
I've just given a try to Beethro's voice, could anyone please check it out and tell me if that's ok/worth the heavy file? Thank you. Also, a new puzzle has been added in Spooky Swamps.

04-07-2012 at 07:41 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
I downloaded it and listened to the intro. My wife listened too and our thoughts are similar.

The sound quality is good, the addition of the footsteps was a nice touch. The voice for Beethro was a bit unexpected though. As my wife said, it sounded like a voice of a professor rather than a joke-loving adventurer, and I don't think it was just the accent. Perhaps that voice could work well for the old man who tells you to sit. It just sounded a bit stiff for an adventurer who had just blown up the academy. My honest opinion is that it would work better silently or with a different intonation.

04-07-2012 at 02:07 PM
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Conspiracy (Back to DROD, Back to holds)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com