Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Hold Anonymous (Hold moved to Architecture)
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
IP: Logged

File: RPG Hold Anonymous.drh (22.1 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: RPG Hold Anonymous (0)  
All submissions are in, here is the result. I will post my own results sometime later, as I have to restart the whole thing.

01-31-2009 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Nuntar wrote:
OK, tweaks I want to make to my rooms.
Will do.
Nuntar wrote:
Of course, so that this doesn't affect other rooms, the "Reset script" character's default script must be changed
I can honestly say I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for the info, it will be fixed in the next version of the hold.

As for myself, I am still struggling with the hold... Still trying to work out the best route through the first levels, so I don't know when I'll post my scores. Next round should start sometime this week.

By the way, finally some story elements crept in. Any ideas about the story?

Plus, what about the hold itself? Personally I was thinking about putting the level together, then posting it to architecture to tweak the thing into a presentable form (adding story, proper entrance texts, a little consistency in floor textures, maybe some aesthetic details) and call it a community project. Ideas, suggestions?..

[Last edited by eb0ny at 02-03-2009 05:30 PM : Major rewording]
02-02-2009 at 06:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Just finished the gauntlet. If I max score checkpoint there, I get
Click here to view the secret text

As you can see, I am slowly pushing forward :) Level 4 coming soon.

02-03-2009 at 05:28 PM
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
Is level round 5 the last one?

I'm eager to play the hold, but I'm seeing that this won't be a perpetual project (as in, it will eventually be "done" and it may even be submitted to the RPG Holds board), so I'd like to wait for a final version.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 02-03-2009 10:01 PM]
02-03-2009 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
Kwakstur wrote:
Is level round 5 the last one?
I was thinking of doing level 5, boss encounter in a small level 6 and architects' personal chambers. Then add the nice colorful wrap called story and give it to the people.

02-04-2009 at 05:41 AM
eb0ny

File: level5map.png (24 KB)
Downloaded 377 times.
Level 4 is... unapproachable. The thing is hard. However, it is possible to get to the next level without doing anything on the fourth level. Sooo... Along with the weapon upgrade I will be able to add a small health stash, if it will be needed. And you will still be asked to clear level 4. And no, keys won't be refunded.

ROUND 6

The map has been created and assigned:

Rules for level 5:

* Multiplier for this level is x5.
* Thanks for some data, Nuntar! HP is N/A, 180 ATK and 150 DEF. Equipment is a long sword (+70 ATK) and a silver shield (+70 DEF).
* Let's try 1/1/0/1 keys.
* I will provide both the entrance and the exit. The conditions to complete the level are 2 blue keys and killing a seep.
* There are no restrictions on what you can place within your rooms. Scripting, custom music, anything. Among other things, every room contains an NPC that resets the music to default.

* You may only edit rooms that belong to you. I have sent you PMs with your personalized dungeons. I will use only the rooms you were supposed to create.
* You may not edit anything on the edge of the room.

To submit your work in such way other participants cannot get access to it. I recommend uploading the file to www.mediafire.com and sending me the download link via PM or email. Or, you can attach a password-protected archive and send me the password. Anything works, as long as I am the only one who can access it.

The submission deadline is within some 10 days, Local Time:02-15-2009 at 10:00 PM.

[Last edited by eb0ny at 02-13-2009 08:09 PM]
02-05-2009 at 07:47 PM
eb0ny
Nuntar wrote:
I have to disagree with some of your points. ... I would suggest we use 175/150 as a baseline.
Well, since I never managed to complete the level, I had to guess. And asking you never came to my mind. Sorry about that.

I have changed base entry requirements. mxvladi and Someone Else, you may want to revise your rooms with the new base stats.

Once again, sorry for misleading information.

02-06-2009 at 05:39 AM
eb0ny
Just a reminder: 50 hours to deadline remaining. There are still four submissions missing (you know who you are, step on it).

02-13-2009 at 08:10 PM
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
I stepped on it a long time ago. I just never fully killed it. :?

I have PMed eb0ny the submission.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
02-13-2009 at 11:37 PM
eb0ny
Final level is complete. The hold is attached, I will post my scores later. See post below.

[Last edited by eb0ny at 02-15-2009 09:23 PM]
02-15-2009 at 06:13 PM
eb0ny
Nuntar wrote:
Look, that's just not fair. I know you like us to get our entries in in plenty of time, but up until now I've been working my socks off to get my contest entry ready. You gave a whole extra week last time this game clashed with a contest deadline, but now just when I finally have a few moments of my own I find you've called time nearly four hours early. I can't accept that.
I must disagree. In your previous post (which you have now removed) you have clearly stated that you will not be able to submit the rooms on time. Assuming this, I have published the hold earlier without waiting for your part of the level.

I will still accept your rooms, because considering all the previous edits, it would be hypocritical of me not to do it.

[Last edited by eb0ny at 02-15-2009 09:07 PM : Wording fixed]
02-15-2009 at 08:26 PM
eb0ny

File: RPG Hold Anonymous.drh (28 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
Right. Now that the things are in order, here is the proper first version of finished level.

Nuntar, I apologize for the failure to communicate on my part.

[Last edited by eb0ny at 02-15-2009 09:36 PM : I have a minor coherence problem today, will improve]
02-15-2009 at 09:22 PM
eb0ny
Without exploring much of level 5, I ended up with

As for 2N, here is my proposition: after descending the final stairs, the player ends up in a room with several doors. Behind each door there is an increasingly better reward, and only one reward is accessible at a time. Say, first door is open when no other conditions are met, second opens when 2N in Level 5 is cleared, third opens if the player has no steel shield etc. These conditions would span only levels 3 to 5, as I have a different idea for a reward after completing the gauntlet.

02-16-2009 at 11:41 AM
eb0ny
Okay, I have managed to setup the room in such a way that it is only possible to advance with the use of accessory. One accessory corresponds to one path. Anyone has any ideas on what rewards there could be?

02-16-2009 at 03:02 PM
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1070
eb0ny wrote:
Okay, I have managed to setup the room in such a way that it is only possible to advance with the use of accessory. One accessory corresponds to one path. Anyone has any ideas on what rewards there could be?

Extra Stats and equipment/A alter type thing/Something do to with all that Rep/All of the previous

If this is going to have an epic final boss, make sure the hand-bomb prize is really good, or who whould give it up when you can kill the boss with 0 damage? Or just stop hand-bombs going near the boss.

[Last edited by hyperme at 02-16-2009 03:23 PM]
02-16-2009 at 03:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Just finished exploring level 5.

Here is my score before killing all the big badies:

And here is my score after the rock giant, the rock golem, the gel mother, both adders and pretty much everything that can attack. I have access to all accessories in this hold except the hand bomb and the pickaxe.

You can add 25 ATK and 15 DEF to that, as some of the areas are inaccessible, which should be fixed. My solution would be to move the force arrows in 1N2W to uncover a corridor to the corner of room. hyperme, can I do it myself, or you want to make the edit? Also, I didn't use goblin king. Because I forgot.

And the here's my idea for the final confrontation:

EDIT: The disarm token works only within the bounds of a single room. As it is now, the bomb is accessible only with the help of a pickaxe.

[Last edited by eb0ny at 02-17-2009 05:00 PM]
02-17-2009 at 04:59 PM
eb0ny
Nuntar wrote:
While that would indeed make everything accessible, it's pretty clear from how much good stuff you get in 1N2W that it's meant to be primarily a reward for reaching the grappling hook and not something you can get by killing one pirate. I would suggest you instead add a square of normal floor at (11,12) and reverse one of the force arrows in the lower-left of 1N1W.
I was thinking of removing the current arrows in 1N2W and adding N arrows at (9,12) and (10,12) and normal floor at (11,12). This way only one room gets edited. And I still need hyperme's permission, because rules of this game still hold.

02-17-2009 at 06:27 PM
eb0ny
Nuntar wrote:
Yes, but then everything would be reachable without the grappling hook, which I'm sure was unintended (and would make the level way too easy).
Okay, now I am confused. How can you get the platform to the central stash in 1N2W with my setup? It is still reachable only with a grappling hook.

02-17-2009 at 07:27 PM
eb0ny
Since there shouldn't be more major builds for this hold and we should now work on the details, to keep the thread clean I have opened a thread in the Architecture board.

P.S.: hyperme, I have changed five cells in 1N2W to make the unaccessible areas enterable. I hope you won't mind too much, I haven't got your response. If you want to make the fix yourself, do it and send me the room.

02-20-2009 at 04:45 PM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Hold Anonymous (Hold moved to Architecture)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com