Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : World's Hardest Game (I beg to differ, but...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340
IP: Logged
icon World's Hardest Game (0)  
I don't think it's the hardest game ever, but I'm not denying its intense difficulty from the beginning.

There's thirty levels, and your task is simple:
- you are the red square; all you have to do is move into all of the green areas
- avoid hitting blue circles; they kill you
- if there are yellow circles, you must collect them

You have unlimited lives; but your score goes up when you die. So the lower your end score the better you did.

That's pretty much it. It sounds easy; but believe me it's not.

Give it a try. It's very addicting. You can play it here.
07-31-2008 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2334
icon Re: World's Hardest Game (0)  
It's not the hardest game. I Wanna Be The Guy is. I have ~ 2000 deaths, and I'm not half way through. I think I've played for 5 hours so far.
08-01-2008 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
roach strangler
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
Someone Else wrote:
It's not the hardest game. I Wanna Be The Guy is. I have ~ 2000 deaths, and I'm not half way through. I think I've played for 5 hours so far.

Ya by the time I was done IWBTG I had around 2300 deaths, plus the gun parts were found.
08-05-2008 at 01:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3261
There are only a few actually hard parts in iwbtg (I nominate the spike corridor as #1) once you know all the rooms (hey, people are finishing it on "very hard" which contains only a fraction of the save points). The difficulty is very overrated because it's the main gimmick and everyone makes a big number of the unpredictability.
Incidentally, 2000 deaths in 5 hours equals a death per nine seconds. Sounds way excessive to me... but that's not so important I guess

On topic, there's a longer and harder sequel for this thing here. Definitely takes someloads of patience...
08-06-2008 at 01:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 2334
Doom wrote:
Incidentally, 2000 deaths in 5 hours equals a death per nine seconds. Sounds way excessive to me... but that's not so important I guess
Ooh, you're right. Maybe 2250 deaths?
08-06-2008 at 05:32 AM
Bingbing
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Also, IWBTG is funny in it's death varity. Cherries. That fall up. The moon. The stars. The sword with that LOZ old guy.

08-15-2008 at 01:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
Someone Else wrote:
we can go on arguing, but we all know that drod is hardest
08-15-2008 at 04:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
Someone hasn't played IWBTG.

08-15-2008 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
13th Slayer wrote:
Someone Else wrote:

Depends on what hold you're talking about.

[Last edited by Timo006 at 08-16-2008 04:49 PM]
08-16-2008 at 04:49 PM
Kwerulous
Rank Points: 340
icon Re: World's Hardest Game (+1)  
13th Slayer wrote:
It's only an opinion - that's different for everybody. Timo006 is right; the difficulty of DROD varies depending on which Hold you play.

However, I will say the DROD probably is the best puzzle game ;).
08-16-2008 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
Kwerulous wrote:
However, I will say the DROD probably is the best puzzle game ;).

I say that THAT also varies depending on which hold you play. ;)

08-16-2008 at 06:38 PM
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
I hate I Wanna Be The Guy. Obnoxious and unpredictable game is not good.

Dragon Lair on NES is a good contender, but some others are more likely to know Ghosts N' Goblins more. Haunted Castle I think in arcade was ridiculously hard.

Click here to view the secret text

08-27-2008 at 04:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: World's Hardest Game (+1)  
Doom wrote:
There are only a few actually hard parts in iwbtg (I nominate the spike corridor as #1) once you know all the rooms

I strongly disagree. While knowing the surprises does make it easiest, the amount of precision required in many rooms still makes it one of the hardest games ever when you're using a walkthrough. While many games have an insane difficulty level that simply ups damage, rate of fire, or respawns, IWBTG is nigh-impossible on the easiest difficulty... and still fun!

For comparison, DROD becomes trivial if you have a walkthrough. And it's not like DROD is easy or anything. I haven't done many custom holds, but I did play the first edition of KDD (i.e. the one without save points).

09-11-2008 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Yellow_Mage wrote:
I hate .... Obnoxious and unpredictable game is not good.

Dragon Lair on NES is a good....

oh you
09-12-2008 at 09:15 PM
Unkillable Cat
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
Because I was curious, I tried "I Wanna Be That Guy"...and found myself playing Rick Dangerous 3 all of a sudden.

It's a memory game, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing new to be seen there. At least it's a funny game.
09-17-2008 at 03:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : World's Hardest Game (I beg to differ, but...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com