Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Eyeball Pudding
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bovis
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Eyeball Pudding (+1)  
Tell me some of your recipes for Eyeball Pudding :sick
01-01-2004 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Avon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 47
icon Re: Eyeball Pudding (+2)  
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
a dash of salt
2 nice apples
1/2 cup chopped eyeballs

1. Turn oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Grease a baking dish.
2. Beat egg, sugar, vanilla till smooth and creamy.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder, salt. Mix it in well.
4. Peel and core apples. Chop into small bits.
5. Stir apple and eyeballs into the flour mixture.
6. Spread evenly in the baking dish
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Cut into 6 portions. Serve with warm cream or icecream.

Enjoy :)

[Edited by Avon on 01-01-2004 at 11:40 PM GMT: having both cream and icecream hides the tasty eyeball flavour]

[Edited by Avon on 01-02-2004 at 12:07 AM GMT: correct spelling error]

01-01-2004 at 11:37 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Eyeball Pudding (0)  
Where can we get the eyeballs? ;)

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-02-2004 at 12:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Any well-stocked dungeon will have them. Keep them cold though--eyeballs go bad quickly.

-Erik

01-02-2004 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Avon
Rank Points: 47
The_Red_Hawk wrote:

Probably the best source is the evil eyes in your local dungeon. Just one of them would be enough for quite a few eyeball puddings.

But you have to decide for yourself which animals you feel comfortable eating the eyeballs of.

If you can't get eyeballs, you could always use walnuts instead. Most people I've asked couldn't tell the difference.

[Edited by Avon on 01-02-2004 at 12:39 AM GMT]

01-02-2004 at 12:13 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
"Half of you are holding cups of oversized grapes, the other half of you are holding cups of human eyeballs. If you can figure out which one it is by taste alone, you win the right to vomit!"

01-02-2004 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
:sick

01-02-2004 at 05:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Don't forget, if you want to use Evil Eyes for an oversized pudding, do be sure to put lots of Bicarbonate of Soda over the Eyeballs before adding to the dough. If you fail to do this, you may end up causing nasty acid burns in the mouths of those who eat the pudding.

01-03-2004 at 09:04 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Although if you serve eyeball pudding to your friends, they won't be for much longer.

Matt

01-03-2004 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Skylancer64
Rank Points: 62
Just disguise it as coconut chunks or something. They don't have to know what went into it, do they? On the other hand, they'll probably ask you what the **** you put in to the pudding as soon as they taste it. :sick

01-04-2004 at 01:08 AM
The_Red_Hawk
I don't know very many people who like coconut, so they'll hate me for serving coconut, not eat any, and not know that it would have tasted horrible.

01-04-2004 at 05:24 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Any well-stocked dungeon will have them. Keep them cold though--eyeballs go bad quickly.

Just had to interject here, a nice Zelda reference Erik. (I know nothing about cooking. I get the spoons mixed up, and fail to follow instructions most of the time.)

01-04-2004 at 06:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
zex20913 wrote:
Just had to interject here, a nice Zelda reference Erik. (I know nothing about cooking. I get the spoons mixed up, and fail to follow instructions most of the time.)
Zelda reference? From where?

01-04-2004 at 10:44 AM
Mattcrampy
The Biggoron's Sword quest in Ocarina of Time - you have to rush from Zora's Domain to the lake within three minutes because the frozen eyeballs will spoil if they melt, then turn around and rush from the lake to the top of the volcano (the other side of the map) within four, because the eyeball potion will spoil.

I didn't see it as a Zelda reference, but I suppose it is. But eyeballs do go bad, and they taste even weirder when spoiled, and not at all pleasant.

Matt

01-04-2004 at 12:09 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Yeah, I think it was just a coincidence. The worst part about that quest was that you couldn't use your Ocarina to warp between places, because it would spoil the stuff automatically. But you could use the in-game warp from the Lost Woods to Death Mountain, which might be the only way to solve the second part, I'm not sure. It's definitely the best though. And just for accuracy the second part was Eyedrops, not a simple Potion. Because that big dude had stuff in his eyes from the volcano explosion.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-04-2004 at 06:59 PM
Mattcrampy
Okay, eyedrops. Didn't that guy claim to have taught the potion maker in Kakariko?

I didn't think about that warp - if I just ride there I can get there with anywhere from a minute to a second to go.

But this is a derail. Let's talk about eyeballs. How about what eyeball pudding tastes like and why do people keep eating it?

Matt

01-05-2004 at 07:36 AM
agaricus5
icon Re: Eyeball Pudding (+1)  
Just bumping the thread to continue the discussion.

One problem with eyeballs is that they tend to contain quite a lot of water, so you would need to dry them out slightly before adding them to the pie, or they could make the pie soggy.

I guess if you crushed the apples to mush and mixed the eyeball jelly thoroughly with it, you could then disguise the eyeballs, although you'd still need to remove the acid they secrete somehow, or you'll end up with nasty acid burns if you ate it.

Some Eighthers probably like the taste of the sweet and sour mushy eyeball jelly in the centre, with a few eyeball skins to give it that added extra "crunch". Plus, it probably goes quite nicely with a bit of sweet pastry and ice-cream.

11-20-2004 at 08:36 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Eyeball Pudding
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com