Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Biggest Box Under the Tree
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1547
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Biggest Box Under the Tree (0)  
Sillyman, did you maybe grab one of those files in the first half hour or so before RoboBob3000 updated them to fix a password problem?

A CRC error basically means corrupt data within the file, but I just checked the files I have here and the standalone Highest Branches.zip is identical to the one from The Whole Shebang.zip. So I'd guess that either the bad CRC error is your program's way of telling you that the password is wrong, or something glitched on your PC.

Since the standalone zip file works for you, I'd be tempted to just ignore it and move on. :)
12-24-2007 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
I grabbed it very late, actually. But meh. Just thought I'd let you know.

12-24-2007 at 05:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
shaevel
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
So all the puzzles are solved from the lowest branches, there's a final word revealed (I'm pretty sure), and nothing obvious to do with it. Eh...?
12-25-2007 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1377
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by TripleM at 12-25-2007 09:30 PM]
12-25-2007 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
shaevel
TripleM wrote:

Um, thanks. :)

I can't say that I've *scoured* the forums, but other than avoiding the spoiler discussion of what's actually IN the box, I don't see anything helpful. I'm still somewhat at a loss for where the box IS. Maybe it's under my nose, but if it's something DROD specific that a relative newbie (level 13 on KDD only) might not get, can I please get a little more hint...? Seems like I've done most of the puzzling work and it seems a shame to stall here...
12-26-2007 at 10:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: The Biggest Box Under the Tree (+1)  
I think you've *scoured* long enough. Maybe you should let someone or something else do the looking for you.

Meanwhile, check out some of the great things our forum has. FAQ, Help, a bunch of other stuff. See if you can find people in our Member List. Or facts about posters' postings in Statistics.

Who knows? You might just find what you're looking for right around there.

[Last edited by zex20913 at 12-26-2007 11:03 PM]
12-26-2007 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
shaevel
icon Re: The Biggest Box Under the Tree (+2)  
Ok, got it, got it. Amusingly, this wasn't a case of being too new to know what to do (I may be new to DROD, but not to on-line communities in general), but being too new to appreciate what I'd found! Everyone else is drooling at the pic and I'm thinking "So, what do I *do* with this?" :-)

Thanks for the gentle help. Much fun, much fun...
12-27-2007 at 04:48 PM
martz
Rank Points: 416
In the UnderTheTree zip, the rtf file is not password protected, but the confirmation zip & txt files are (at least it was for me, using WinRAR).

Progress - Gavin G
12-28-2007 at 11:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Well I had issues getting the passwords to work in the confirm.txt in the lowest branches. The passwords worked all the way down but not there. I got some help and now don't know what to do with the answer I put together.

Yes, I did read the answer above and I did look around but found nothing that helped. So HelP :blush

01-08-2008 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1547
icon Re: The Biggest Box Under the Tree (+1)  
Well, you could keep looking.

And have another think about zex20913's second hint; I think that's a good one.
01-08-2008 at 08:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
techant
Tuttle wrote:
Well, you could keep looking.

And have another think about zex20913's second hint; I think that's a good one.

I have been

[Last edited by techant at 01-08-2008 09:18 AM]
01-08-2008 at 08:53 AM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
*sigh* I'm stuck on a few of these... The only particularly irritating one of the ones I'm stuck on being 'Name that Tune', as I *know* I've heard the tune in question before... but only in instrumental form, and I don't remember where that was. Irksome, as I therefore have no lyrics to remember and thus search for.

I think I came into this too late, though, somehow. In any case, I'm only about halfway done, so don't feel too bad about it, techant. :)

01-08-2008 at 09:51 AM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
Don't worry, there's no time limit and I'm pretty sure the present will still be useful for a while yet.

Steve.
01-08-2008 at 09:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
icon Re: The Biggest Box Under the Tree (+2)  
Hikari wrote:
*sigh* I'm stuck on a few of these... The only particularly irritating one of the ones I'm stuck on being 'Name that Tune', as I *know* I've heard the tune in question before... but only in instrumental form, and I don't remember where that was. Irksome, as I therefore have no lyrics to remember and thus search for.

I think I came into this too late, though, somehow. In any case, I'm only about halfway done, so don't feel too bad about it, techant. :)

PM me or Elfstone if you need more. I had fun listening to carol as I searched on Christmas Eve but it may not be as fun now that it is January.

Hey I had to PM Elfstone for help on that one. I got all of the others but the one I needed. I knew I knew the tune but when I got the name I relized I had never heard the name before.

I know what its like to feel alone so here are some hints:

01-08-2008 at 10:03 AM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Aha, got it now. I know I'd looked at that song before, but the midi I found attached to it apparently goes with a second variation of the melodic line from the one used in the hold. I know for sure that I *did* hear that song where I vaguely thought I'd heard it, though.

And since some of these are easier when I come at them fresh than they were the first time I looked at them... Woo. Three puzzles left, now, only one of which is a bottom-row one.

[Last edited by Hikari at 01-08-2008 11:11 AM]
01-08-2008 at 10:51 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1980
techant wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is this old jpg you found?

01-09-2008 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Biggest Box Under the Tree
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com