Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the revival thread (Fantasy 4X Strategy Game, now available on Steam!)
<<6789
Page 10 of 15
11121314>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
BerserkerX
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: Leylines: the revival thread (0)  
No, this is intended to be random.
Certainly it was intended. But it has no strategic sense other than wasting player's time and nerves.

I suspect this is also because you've been using a hacked executable.
Maybe.

1) Right Mouse Button Click - the view goes to the most left part of the screen. It's like a hell when playing splitscreen using mouse.
2) Black screen on exit when plaing full screen (Now I have to use special script that kills process of leylines when pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL).

And there is no option to maintain current level of popularity in towns. I have 300 of income and I'd like all my towns to have "worship" state. Everyday manual clicking is an annoying thing.

01-11-2010 at 07:34 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wwhitney

File: Elves2.ley (23.9 KB)
Downloaded 32 times.
License: Public Domain
Load the attached save file, hit end turn, and the game crashes (terminates, not hangs).

Cheers, Wayne
01-11-2010 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wwhitney
wwhitney wrote:
Bug report: load the attached save file, end turn, go through the combat. Then the interface becomes slow to respond, and the background picture on the right hand pane rapidly switchs back and forth between two different images.

I think that this may be related to the change "heroes won't revive if you already have three", because it just happened to me again, right after I summoned a new hero after killing off a hero.

Cheers, Wayne
01-11-2010 at 10:53 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
wwhitney wrote:
I think that this may be related to the change "heroes won't revive if you already have three", because it just happened to me again, right after I summoned a new hero after killing off a hero.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

BerserkerX wrote:
Stuff
BX, do you find it necessary to talk like that? I perceive your post as hurtful and immature.

01-12-2010 at 07:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but the music seems to come and go. It works fine in the title screen and such, but there is a chance it just isn't there when I start the game. I notice it sometimes comes back when a sound effect (other than the turn ending) is played; casting a spell, for example.

And yes, I am using the current version, and this has shown up in older ones, too, but I forgot to mention it.

01-12-2010 at 08:45 AM
BerserkerX
BX, do you find it necessary to talk like that? I perceive your post as hurtful and immature.
Cannot find that post. You mean the phrase "stuff like that?". I thought it's equal to "etc." and "and so on".

Sorry, all problems are because of the language barrier :(. I'll try to explain the ideas more correctly.

01-12-2010 at 02:12 PM
BerserkerX

File: Bugs.rar (74.8 KB)
Downloaded 27 times.
I've implemented quick save/load on F4/F9.

How do you think about autosave1..autosave7 instead of _autosave_.._autosave2_?

Two bugs.
First one, try to heal Paladin by Healer (left player in splitscreen).
Second one, black screen for left player after battle when pressing "Done". Attack bowmen with the same paladin.

Healer hangs left player when healing so often!

[Last edited by BerserkerX at 01-13-2010 01:40 PM]
01-12-2010 at 06:34 PM
wwhitney

File: Humans.ley (24.6 KB)
Downloaded 33 times.
Bug report: load the attached save file, find the healer near the top of the map, have it cast healing on the adjacent bowman, and the game crashes.
01-13-2010 at 08:28 PM
Radiant
BerserkerX wrote:
Sorry, all problems are because of the language barrier :(. I'll try to explain the ideas more correctly.
If you believe that a language barrier prevents you from acting like a civilized adult, or excuses you from not acting like one, then I suggest that you cease posting until you've learned.

01-13-2010 at 10:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Danjen02 wrote:
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but the music seems to come and go. It works fine in the title screen and such, but there is a chance it just isn't there when I start the game.
Hm, that's odd. Does anyone else have this problem?

Could you try running DXDIAG and seeing what happens?

01-13-2010 at 11:14 PM
Radiant
Okay, a quick fix for the issues Wwhitney encountered. This fixes the four-hero slowdown, the end turn crash, and the out-of-bounds healing animation. Keep up the good work :)

http://crystalshard.net/dls/ley_inst.exe

01-13-2010 at 11:54 PM
wwhitney

File: Humans.ley (22.2 KB)
Downloaded 31 times.
Bug report: Load the attached save file, hit end of turn, and the game crashes. Now this save file was created under the first January version. I just downloaded the Jan 14 update and tried it, but it still crashes.

Cheers, Wayne

01-14-2010 at 05:45 AM
Danjen02
Radiant wrote:
Danjen02 wrote:
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but the music seems to come and go. It works fine in the title screen and such, but there is a chance it just isn't there when I start the game.

Could you try running DXDIAG and seeing what happens?
Everything seems to be in working order. Maybe I'm just going crazy. :huh

01-14-2010 at 08:33 AM
Radiant
wwhitney wrote:
Bug report: Load the attached save file, hit end of turn, and the game crashes.
I've been unable to reproduce this so far. This was the saved game about the Heal ability crashing, wasn't it? Can you elaborate on what you're doing and what happens?

01-14-2010 at 04:47 PM
wwhitney

File: Humans2.ley (22.2 KB)
Downloaded 30 times.
Radiant wrote:
wwhitney wrote:
Bug report: Load the attached save file, hit end of turn, and the game crashes.
I've been unable to reproduce this so far. This was the saved game about the Heal ability crashing, wasn't it?

Sorry, the "Humans.ley" files in the two different posts are different games, they just have the same filename. I guess I need a better file naming protocol. Sorry about the confusion.

I've reattached the second file as "Humans2.ley". This is an end of turn crash from a game under the early January version. I tried it again under the January 14 version and it still crashes.

Cheers, Wayne

01-14-2010 at 09:32 PM
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
I've played the January 10 version on Vista SP2, and in VirtualBox with both WinXP SP3 and (recently acquired) Win7 as guest OSes. Here's my bug reports:
-In Vista, the game seems to crash for no particular reason. It runs smoothly enough, but it seems just unable to run for more than an hour or so, especially when not in fullscreen mode. With the trouble I've had with previous versions, I think Vista hates Leylines, pure and simple. No crashes yet for XP or Win7, though.
-On all 3 OSes, when I'm not playing in fullscreen mode, the map is blank.
-After I'm done querying an enemy city or unit, sometimes the cursor jumps to one corner of the map, usually the upper left.
-When I'm playing in non-fullscreen mode on a screen that's 800x600, everything seems to be a bit compact. I don't know if this is a bug or not.
Radiant wrote:
Danjen02 wrote:
That happens to me only when my antivirus program is running a scan, and I'm playing the game at the same time. I would've reported this a long time ago, but it's not an issue for me. The music comes through great in XP and Vista, but there's no sound in Win7; this is a problem on my end, so you needn't worry (Win7 isn't detecting any device for audio output).

Click here to view the secret text

01-15-2010 at 12:15 AM
Radiant
The Mystic wrote:
With the trouble I've had with previous versions, I think Vista hates Leylines, pure and simple. No crashes yet for XP or Win7, though.
Quite possible. Vista is not known for its compatibility. I'm afraid I can't test this since I don't use vista.

Can you send me a screenshot please?

-When I'm playing in non-fullscreen mode on a screen that's 800x600, everything seems to be a bit compact. I don't know if this is a bug or not.
That's a feature. The screen looks different in 800x600 mode than in 1024x768 (and only the latter supports splitscreen).

01-15-2010 at 08:54 AM
wwhitney
A repeatable bug I've noticed (at least under Windows 7): which I hit "Start" for a new game, the first thing that appears is the "What shall we name this city?" dialog box. The rest of the screen flickers rapidly between the wizard configuration screen I just left and and the world map. Prior behavior was to just show the world map. I think I first noticed this in RC3.

Cheers, Wayne

01-15-2010 at 08:59 PM
The Mystic

File: no map.zip (258.9 KB)
Downloaded 21 times.
Radiant wrote:
The Mystic wrote:
With the trouble I've had with previous versions, I think Vista hates Leylines, pure and simple. No crashes yet for XP or Win7, though.
Quite possible. Vista is not known for its compatibility. I'm afraid I can't test this since I don't use vista.
No need to, really; Vista is the butt of a lot of tasteless jokes--with good reason--due to its lack of compatibility. Leylines seems to work the best for me when I run it in Win7, which I actually find rather surprising.
Can you send me a screenshot please?
Here you go. It's the little map in the corner that's not working; it doesn't show up in any view in non-fullscreen mode. I've also included the game save file and autosaves in case you want to look them over too.

01-16-2010 at 01:17 AM
wwhitney
A couple possible problems with random events. Once, the random event "natural talent found" allowed a city I had taken over of a different race to complete building the unit it had apparently been building before I took it over. Also, the random event that gives some of your units plague can affect units with Immunity. I don't know if either of these is as intended.

I'm also getting some intermittent crashes when I use Quickstart. It happens maybe 1 out of 5 times. So far, I have never noticed it the first time I do Quickstart after running the program, just subsequent times. But that may just be coincidence, I don't know.

Cheers, Wayne

01-16-2010 at 05:38 PM
grobblewobble

File: Aether3.ley (12.2 KB)
Downloaded 31 times.
Bug report: after End Turn, the game sometimes hangs. It doesn't always happen; reload multiple times to reproduce the bug, if necessary.
03-09-2010 at 07:55 PM
grobblewobble

File: Nocombat.ley (14.5 KB)
Downloaded 34 times.
At the beginning of turn, a unit enters a hostile city (because of multi-turn movement), but combat fails to start.

Oh, one more bug: flying units prefer travelling by road, even though this not result in faster movement. (right?) This can sometimes result in suboptimal pathways.

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 03-09-2010 08:47 PM]
03-09-2010 at 08:45 PM
Wowbagger

File: Beforecrash.ley (28.1 KB)
Downloaded 33 times.
Maybe someone here can help me out:

When I end the turn, the game goes to the image of the angel, and then crashes.
I get the little window saying 'windows is searching for a solution' and then the message 'a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'

I've attached the save file.

Thanks in Advance
03-14-2010 at 08:54 AM
The Mystic

File: Revenant Swordsmen.ley (13.7 KB)
Downloaded 30 times.
I'm playing as a Human-Regency alliance, and am having some trouble with some revenant swordsmen.

According to the Mausoleum description, veterans are supposed to turn into ghouls upon dying. However, I have a group of 5 veteran swordsmen who become skeletons instead. I sent the swordsmen into a S'Sirthe town, expecting my units to become ghouls when killed. Unfortunately, they turned into skeletons when they died, and I lost the battle.

Attached is a copy of the save file; I was fortunate enough to save my game just before trying to conquer the town.

03-15-2010 at 03:46 AM
Danjen02
Could be an oversight where the revenant mechanic only checks regency units?

03-15-2010 at 01:22 PM
grobblewobble

File: Movementbug.ley (12.5 KB)
Downloaded 31 times.
This bug is related to the new movement rules (not merging stacks).

There are two phalanxes with movement points left, but it is impossible to order them to move. Those two phalanxes have just been merged with the third one, which doesnt have any movement points left.

By the way, with this new movement system it is hardly possible at all to really merge your groups. That is, if I have built an army of 6 units with different speeds and want them to travel together, I have no choice but to press wait every turn. I can see the advantage of the new movement rules, but ideally, I think there should be some way to merge units into a fixed group somehow, if you want to.

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 03-16-2010 09:13 PM]
03-16-2010 at 09:12 PM
grobblewobble

File: spellBug.ley (12.9 KB)
Downloaded 30 times.
At the beginning of turn, the game asks to choose a target group for a spell. Then, before the spell is cast, the game interrupts with a combat. Afterwards, you can select a single unit in the group for the spell, but the spell is not actually applied to the chosen unit.

Further, it is possible to Aid Production in foreign towns, which results in an explorer unit of that town.

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 03-16-2010 09:33 PM]
03-16-2010 at 09:20 PM
grobblewobble

File: Ranger.ley (11 KB)
Downloaded 32 times.
If there's a building in town which hides your units, any new units built in that town start with the ranger ability, see this savegame.

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 03-16-2010 09:33 PM]
03-16-2010 at 09:32 PM
The Mystic
I've never had that happen when I play as S'Sirthe, but it seems to happen all the time when I play as Theria. Not that I really mind, though it is a bit odd.

[Last edited by The Mystic at 03-17-2010 01:46 PM]
03-17-2010 at 01:45 PM
grobblewobble
Siegecraft does currently not work (it has no effect).

Ratyva does not reduce building time for roads as advertised.

Exploit: with a tireless militant unit, you can continue raising levies every week indefinately. The town will revolt every turn, but with the unit you can keep reclaiming it.
As a solution, I suggest to disallow levies in a city when it is in disorder.

Balance: imo the locust swarm is currently a bit too strong, I think health would best be reduced from 9 to 7 or 8.
The relentless feels just slightly too weak.

It also seems that major cancellation does not remove Blight from the map (this could be intentional?)

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 03-20-2010 11:03 AM]
03-19-2010 at 09:32 PM
<<6789
Page 10 of 15
11121314>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the revival thread (Fantasy 4X Strategy Game, now available on Steam!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com