Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the revival thread (Fantasy 4X Strategy Game, now available on Steam!)
<<891011
Page 12 of 15
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Danjen02
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Re: Leylines: the revival thread (0)  
As of RC5, the popup that asks if you want to run it in windowed/fullscreen is labelled as SubTerra.

In windowed mode, the map does not appear to render at all.

When you change a project that sets it back 25%, I believe the "X weeks left" counter still uses the old value for determining how much time was left. My math might have been off, though..

Again, these are from RC5, so I'm not sure if you fixed these or not.

04-13-2010 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
LesserMinion
Rank Points: 10

File: Crashes_on_trying_to_found_city.ley (9.4 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
License: Public Domain
I don't know if this is the same bug Grobble found, but I keep getting a crash when I try to found a city.
04-14-2010 at 12:32 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Yeah, it's all the same bug. In Grobble's case, it was the AI founding a city.

Release Candidate 6b, fixed stupid infinite loop bug in founding cities. Also, startup window is no longer labeled 'SubTerra'. That'll teach me not to release anything on the 13th of the month.

04-14-2010 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18

File: Supply Radius.ley (32 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
I found a bug when supplying dependent units. I'm playing as Humans, and in the cities where I built a Pegasus Herd, the city's sight radius increased as normal, but the supply radius decreased.

In the attached file, I got a Diplomat as a mercenary; he's currently sitting between Knightshire and Brightwatch, both of which have a Pegasus Herd. If you check his stats, you'll see that he wasn't supplied last turn, even though he should be well within the supply range of both cities.

Just before posting this, I also checked the Theria; Werelights has the same problem. I didn't save the game for that one, though.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by The Mystic at 05-08-2010 04:01 AM]
05-08-2010 at 04:00 AM
Radiant
Thanks, this will be fixed in RC7.

05-17-2010 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
Thanks. You may want to check all the other buildings that increase a city's sight radius, just to make sure it's not happening elsewhere.

Also, I forgot to mention above: In the save file, the small map in the corner isn't working, either.

By the way, I'm back to using vista sp2; after I reinstalled vista and both service packs, Leylines no longer crashes on me or gives me weird errors. Sometimes the best solution is to wipe the slate clean, I guess.

05-17-2010 at 04:24 PM
tas2826
I just started playing Leylines, and it is outstanding. Reminds me a lot of Microprose Master of Magic, which I can't even begin to count the number of hours I lost on that one....

Anyway, a couple of questions.

1. Question - Is there a way to force a stack to stay together when the "continue movement next turn" option is on? What happens to me is the faster units keep breaking away from the group and then they get picked off.

2. Question - Why was the decision made to not allow cities outside the players race to build anything? In a way it is kind of neat, but it would be nice if maybe there was some way you could get to be able to do that via a spell, research, etc.

3. Suggestion - Put in some way to have a unit auto explore, or at least make it so you can click into unexplored territory and the unit will path find as well as it can until it can no longer go.

4. Bug? - I have a save game file where whn I click end turn it hangs on the angel end of turn screen. I have let it sit up to 15 mins and it never came back. Is this something I need to or can submit?

Now, I am sure the answers to these question are probably buried somewhere, but I thought I would throw them out there anyway. If anyone can point me to the info above, much obliged.

Again, great game and thanks for the hard work.

Troy

08-11-2010 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The Mystic
tas2826 wrote:
2. Question - Why was the decision made to not allow cities outside the players race to build anything? In a way it is kind of neat, but it would be nice if maybe there was some way you could get to be able to do that via a spell, research, etc.
My guess is that when you conquer a city, no matter how much the inhabitants end up liking you, they'll never like you enough to work for you in your war effort (except to gain gold and/or mana).

4. Bug? - I have a save game file where whn I click end turn it hangs on the angel end of turn screen. I have let it sit up to 15 mins and it never came back. Is this something I need to or can submit?
Odd....That's the first time I've heard this bug mentioned in quite some time; I thought it was fixed at least twice over.

You'll want to submit a copy of your save file as it was just before you ended your turn, so Radiant can look a it; the file extension is ".ley". You'll also want to mention what operating system you're using, and anything you did just before the game got stuck.

08-16-2010 at 04:55 AM
Danjen02
I'm in my "strategy mood" so I'll probably be playing this a lot over the next few weeks.

Any chance of it ever getting LAN support?

08-27-2010 at 07:19 AM
Radiant
Danjen02 wrote:
I'm in my "strategy mood" so I'll probably be playing this a lot over the next few weeks.
That's cool. I've been meaning to do an upgrade again. I hope there's not that much bugs left :)

Any chance of it ever getting LAN support?
Maybe, particularly if I meet someone who knows how to do that. The game was actually designed with network play in mind (this is also why the AI can move at the same time you do).

09-01-2010 at 10:20 PM
grobblewobble
I'm a bit confused about versions. The currently uploaded version shows the date januari 14. I also have a version displaying april 13. Which one is the more recent build?
09-04-2010 at 09:04 PM
LesserMinion
The most up-to-date version is 6b, which is dated 13th April 2010.

Unfortunately, it has the same date as RC6, which is the one which had the city-founding bug.
09-04-2010 at 09:16 PM
grobblewobble

File: Combatbug.ley (14.1 KB)
Downloaded 48 times.
Oops, the confusion was entirely caused by myself - never mind.

In any case, here is a new bug. Fiona and Sarthag are humans in this game. If you attack the group belonging to Fiona (white), you get the message "please call Fiona to join this combat", but Fiona can't do anything during the combat.

This is just one example; the problem shows up in any combat in hot seat games.

And some AI bugs:
- The AI often casts might of giants on units with a magical attack. Since Might of Giants only enhances normal attacks, this is a waste of mana.
- The AI often casts spells like flying, rock's embrace and amphibious breathing on regular combat units. Those spells should only be used on scouts.
- The AI stacks blessing units with groups of undead.
- When playing as human, the AI never seems to build apprentice mages or warlocks.
- When playing as Regency, the AI never seems to build Spectres or Daemons.
- The AI only activates overland attacks when you approach his units, but never when you are standing still adjacent to his units. It seems that units with overland attacks remain in Guard mode.

A more serious flaw in the AI behaviour, however, is that the AI generally should attack more often. For example, as Regency the AI typically builds many liches but doesn't use them to attack, or at least not quickly enough. It seems that the problem is that the AI attaches too much importance to building a full group of six; in the case of expensive magical units such as liches and the like, this shouldn't have such a high priority.

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 09-05-2010 09:59 AM]
09-04-2010 at 09:22 PM
grobblewobble

File: Movement.ley (16.7 KB)
Downloaded 48 times.
If you order the skeleton to attack the chariot, he refuses.
09-05-2010 at 04:30 PM
grobblewobble

File: Screen.ley (18.2 KB)
Downloaded 48 times.
If you load this game, you see a boat that is allowed to move, but the screen does not focus on it.
09-05-2010 at 04:34 PM
Danjen02
grobblewobble wrote:
- The AI often casts spells like flying, rock's embrace and amphibious breathing on regular combat units. Those spells should only be used on scouts.
Debatable. In some situations, it might be entirely plausible for extra mobility on combat troops. At the very least, rock's embrace means you can forget about your units camped on resources during the winter months

09-06-2010 at 09:48 PM
The Mystic
Danjen02 wrote:
In some situations, it might be entirely plausible for extra mobility on combat troops. At the very least, rock's embrace means you can forget about your units camped on resources during the winter months
Seconded. Wreath of Flames is good for this too, and gives your unit a little extra protection in hand-to-hand combat from the Flame Aura.

As for extra mobility for combat troops: If I'm sending my invading armies to attack a city a short distance across water, I like to cast Aquatic Mutation on them in lieu of building boats.

09-08-2010 at 08:03 PM
grobblewobble
OK, that's a good point. But those are special situations. However, the AI seems to be casting those spells randomly, often in situations where it clearly doesn't help. For example, you could find a dwarf city defended by amphibious axethrowers, without any water nearby. That's where the AI could be improved.

I also found a bug, forgot to report this earlier. If you drain an enemy aetherling, it keeps the affinity skill, but doesn't auto-enchant. Didn't check for other methods such as bribery, domination, the clone spell, buying them as mercenaries etc.

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 09-10-2010 11:29 AM]
09-10-2010 at 11:15 AM
The Mystic

File: Ship On Land.ley (20.5 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
I found a movement bug involving ships when they're carrying someone with the "Guide" ability.

I'm playing as a Theria/Elf alliance. Near the city of Psigha, there's a Longship carrying a Dryad; however, they're currently sitting in a jungle.

Also, in the same game, there are two undead Werewolves with very little health left; if you move them onto one of the nearby desert tiles, you get a message saying they were killed by hidden traps, not by harsh climate. Granted, there may have been hidden traps there; but I've played other games where anything killed by harsh climate is listed as being killed by hidden traps, even when I know there was no trap anywhere nearby.

[Last edited by The Mystic at 10-24-2010 07:23 PM]
10-24-2010 at 07:13 PM
grobblewobble

File: Cloudship.ley (15.2 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
Cloudships cannot pick up any units in the latest version (see attachment).

When dispelling any spell on your own unit while it stands on a ship, it falls to death. It also seems that units falling to death (dispelling fly/amphib spell while hovering over water) can result in a game crash several turns later, this looks like a unit list error (unfortunately I don't have a good save game ready).

Locust swarms built in a regency/sirthe alliance can be born revenant (I assume this is not intentional).

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 01-17-2011 03:30 PM]
01-17-2011 at 03:30 PM
grobblewobble

File: Grue.ley (18 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
Encountered a random Grue in this game. This is probably related to the fact that one AI opponent has Night Eternal active. (And boy, are those things tough.. an army of highly experienced and enchanted slayers was eaten alive.)
01-17-2011 at 03:37 PM
The Mystic
grobblewobble wrote:
Cloudships cannot pick up any units in the latest version (see attachment).
I've never had this happen, although I have had similar problems with various carrier units. If I move a unit onto a carrier, and that unit no longer has any movement points left, the unit will not move with the carrier unless the unit isn't amphibious/diving/flying; and in the case of Cloudships, the unit won't move if it entered the Cloudship on land. The unit can move again starting on the next turn.

When dispelling any spell on your own unit while it stands on a ship, it falls to death. It also seems that units falling to death (dispelling fly/amphib spell while hovering over water) can result in a game crash several turns later, this looks like a unit list error (unfortunately I don't have a good save game ready).
That's been known to happen to me, too; however, I have yet to have the game crash as a result.

01-18-2011 at 07:17 AM
Briguy
tas2826 wrote: 4. Bug? - I have a save game file where whn I click end turn it hangs on the angel end of turn screen.

I've just had the same bug. How do I know if I have the newest version? I have the April version, is it the most recent?
03-12-2011 at 02:32 AM
The Mystic
Briguy wrote:
tas2826 wrote: 4. Bug? - I have a save game file where whn I click end turn it hangs on the angel end of turn screen.
I've just had the same bug.
Odd. I thought that bug had long been taken care of.... What operating system are you using?
How do I know if I have the newest version? I have the April version, is it the most recent?
On the main screen, there's a date listed in the lower left corner. The latest version is dated April 13, 2010; if that's the version you have, then you're up to date.

03-13-2011 at 02:45 AM
The Mystic
Bumped to ask a question and report a minor bug.

Question: If you have a unit that's both hidden and invisible, is that unit less susceptible to being discovered, or more? (I've actually been meaning to ask this for the better part of a year.)

Bug report: Worker's Zeal shows the wrong labor bonus when you click on "Workers" on the city's screen. Worker's Zeal is shown as giving a 50% labor bonus, even though it gives only 33%.

[Last edited by The Mystic at 05-03-2011 05:44 AM]
05-03-2011 at 05:41 AM
Radiant
The Mystic wrote:
Question: If you have a unit that's both hidden and invisible, is that unit less susceptible to being discovered, or more? (I've actually been meaning to ask this for the better part of a year.)
Less. You'd need a unit with Detection and a unit with Magesight.

05-03-2011 at 06:54 PM
The Mystic
Radiant wrote:
The Mystic wrote:
Less. You'd need a unit with Detection and a unit with Magesight.
That's good to know. Because of this, things are going get rather interesting in my game. :D

05-03-2011 at 11:21 PM
Danjen02

File: Goblin No Disbanding.ley (12.3 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
You still release bug fixes for this game? I found a peculiar bug when playing Goblins (surprise). If you end the turn without the Scavengers mining for gold, it will throw the warning that you should get more money. Ignore it, and end the turn anyways. It then informs you an Engineer has disbanded (there is no Engineer), and you still retain your units. This means Goblins effectively don't need money.

04-29-2012 at 01:04 AM
Radiant
Yes, but it may take me a month or so.

04-29-2012 at 06:48 AM
Danjen02
Also, do you think it would be worth reinvesting time in the leylines wiki I set up so long ago, or just let it die?

Also, I'll just edit this post for a bit, with little things I've noticed.

- If you choose the god that lowers unit production cost, and then leave the game and go into the editor, the units will incorrectly reflect the cost (Agriculturist shows 26, instead of the normal 30)

- School description: "While most children have regular farm work do to"

[Last edited by Danjen02 at 05-01-2012 08:40 PM]
04-30-2012 at 06:06 PM
<<891011
Page 12 of 15
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Leylines: the revival thread (Fantasy 4X Strategy Game, now available on Steam!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com