Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Kingdoms of the Eighth
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Kingdoms of the Eighth (0)  
I think this is possibly the most disrespectful post I have ever seen on this forum. If it were me in Erik's position I would seriously be considering not continuing DROD because obviously the fans take me for granted, and have no appreciation for the hard work I have done and still do. However, the real Erik would never post anything like this because he is just way too nice.

Erik is not your pet monkey to order around. He is doing all of this in his spare time, and it will be done when it is done, and hopefully not be rushed out because of your incessant whining.

I will probably regret this post in the morning, but right now I don't care. It just had to be said. I know there are others who agree with me, although they might not be willing to come forward and do it. And I want to keep the boards a civil place...but I just can't let this slide without a comment.

Game on, I hope,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-23-2003 at 09:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
I do not mean to sound disrespectful in any way, and I am sorry if I do.

I was just inquiring as to a rough estimate if he had one. If he does not know, I see nothing wrong with that and I will not ask again.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-23-2003 at 02:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
I do not mean to sound disrespectful in any way, and I am sorry if I do.
It's no problem. I am pretty busy, and generally avoid committing to any kind of timeframe for DROD-related stuff, but I'm not offended by your asking.

See the post I just made on the "News" board. I think I am going to leave the creativity up to the mapmakers for a while. So if you ask something and I haven't already defined it, I'd prefer not to answer because it is good to see what other people come up with, instead of being an everpresent authority. RH, hopefully you will submit a map of your own.

-Erik

12-23-2003 at 10:44 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Kingdoms of the Eighth
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com