Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tomb of J'niXT
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
SFE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged

File: Tomb Of JniXT v2985.hold (39.1 KB)
Downloaded 58 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Tomb of J'niXT (+1)  
A long time ago, back when I had first found out about DROD, and installed DROD:AE, I started work on a hold. I kept working on it in JtRH, where it became J'nis Tomb. Of course, originally, it was supposed to be a hold which explained how to play DROD. Since then, I switched gears, and tried to create a story. In the end, neither of these things happened. When I installed TCB, I decided to try to resuscitate J'nis Tomb, and I renamed it Tomb of J'niXT, since the name by which I call the character had changed. I will be making it more story, and eliminating all tutorial hold references, as well as tossing in some TCB elements, although I may hide them.
Click here to view the secret text
Although I am still some way from finishing all of these changes, I wanted to get some feedback. If you have any storyline questions, you can ask them, and if you want, I can try to clarify this

J'nis Tomb 2.9.7
07-12-2007 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Geiler Hengst
Rank Points: 64
icon Re: Tomb of J'niXT (0)  
This hold looks kind of familiar to me... Did you already publish it once??
07-12-2007 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: Tomb of J'niXT (+1)  
Geiler Hengst wrote:
Yes, I know I've played it before. It has been published before.

EDIT: This seems to be it.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 07-12-2007 06:33 PM]
07-12-2007 at 06:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SFE
Rank Points: 34

File: Tomb Of JniXT v2985.hold (41.5 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Tomb of J'niXT (0)  
Kevin_P86 wrote:
Geiler Hengst wrote:
Yes, I know I've played it before. It has been published before.

EDIT: This seems to be it.

Well, this is sort of an update, after I realized that it was impossible to exit one room. This got me thinking about the half-baked plot in the hold, which I decide to try to fix.

EDIT:
By the way way, I have on hold that was started by Joint Team (me and my brother), but was not exactly finished - A Long Journey, all in Journey to Rooted Hold. I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas for a new hold, because otherwise I will fill in some empty room in Journey to the Goblin Kingdom, refurbish it with more scripting and less scrolls, and some storyline differences e.g. a tie-in to Tomb of J'niXT. I will also try to finish A Long Journey.

EDIT:
The version I have posted here has the foundations of what will be Tomb of J'niXT. It will have 3 more levels, and the existing levels will be harder. It is incomplete. Please comment on first three levels.

J'nis Tomb 2.9.7

[Last edited by SFE at 07-18-2007 02:41 AM]
07-15-2007 at 03:34 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tomb of J'niXT
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com