Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tomb of Nomb Special DVD Edition
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged

File: The Tomb of Nomb Special DVD Edition.hold (26 KB)
Downloaded 127 times.
License: Other
icon Tomb of Nomb Special DVD Edition (0)  
To celebrate the final release of DROD:Architect's Edition, I hereby annouce:

The Tomb of Nomb - Special DVD Edition!!!

Featuring such new features as:
:) The all new Architect's Cut of Tomb of Nomb (okay, okay, it's basically the old version + some new checkpoints)
:glasses New Architect's Commentary - Learn the history of the hold, as you play it!
:P EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS SHORT FEATURE: The very first fan-made hold ever, The Old Sewers of Blorn - not available anywhere else!
:eyes Fully interactive Title Menu!

If you've never played the Tomb of Nomb, now is your chance! If you've played it before, you can relive the early days of the beta, revisiting rooms you've forgotten, and reading the commentary scrolls!

Critical Reception to The Tomb of Nomb:
Probably enough in it for 2 levels ... Very well made and some devious puzzles there. - Scott
It won't import into Build 29, the file is corrupted. - Krammer

Critical Reception to The Old Sewers of Blorn:
I had a lot of fun with this one ... I'll go out of my way to play other stuff that Eytan comes up with - Erik Hermansen
It's a great level considering it's roach-only - Krammer
I found a bug - Mike Rimer

[Edited by eytanz on 10-21-2003 at 04:25 AM GMT: Readability Issues]

10-21-2003 at 04:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Tomb of Nomb Special DVD Edition (0)  
Ah, the memories this hold brings back. I have some comments for you on the new rooms in The Tomb.

Click here to view the secret text

Let me also say that 1E gave me a whole lot of trouble, 1N 1W was a lot easier than I thought it would be, and I am stuck now on 2N 1E. I beat it the last time I played The Tomb, but I think I did it by extreme luck because it is a damn hard room. I'll get it eventually, I am sure...but it is a rough road.

Oh yeah--the level titles get cut off on the main screen. And one of the scrolls in The Entrance to The Tomb also got cut off (commentary edition).

Good job, hopefully this can be the first fully polished off hold to go on the main DROD page!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-22-2003 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Click here to view the secret text

Thanks for your comments!

[Edited by eytanz on 10-22-2003 at 01:20 AM GMT: Bad bracketing]

10-22-2003 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Just have to say I got through 2N 1E the second time I tried it this morning. It's really true that sometimes you just need to come back to something later so you can do it right.

I found the three interconnected rooms much easier this time, since I still remembered the order in which you needed to do them. They were still lots of fun though.

Now I need to try the Old Sewers of Blorn...I think I remember just getting frustrated with it the first time I tried it. I think my skills have improved since then...we shall see...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-22-2003 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Okay, I finally beat the Old Sewers of Blorn. I remember now it was 1S 1E that I got stuck on. It's those two roaches in the very beginning...I was missing the fact that I had one square that I could stop and swing my sword. And that one breakable wall was throwing me...I didn't know if it was a red herring or not.

Whew...well, back to work...

Game on,

10-26-2003 at 12:33 AM
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
I beat the Old Sewers of Blorn, pretty fun. Now for the Tomb of Nomb...
10-26-2003 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tomb of Nomb Special DVD Edition
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No