Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : CaravelNet problem
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
slimm tom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1236
IP: Logged
icon CaravelNet problem (+2)  
I'm trying to Connect to CaravelNet, but DROD does say that the key is invalid. :~( That's really strange, because i was using the same key 1 hour ago. When i click the "Request new key" button, i says that the key has been send, but no e-mail. Does someone knows what happened? Someone please answer, i want to enjoy CaravelNet the full 1-month trial :blush
04-08-2007 at 01:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: CaravelNet problem (+1)  
sadly, sometimes if you lose connection while it's in a data transfer, it invalidates your key.

even more sadly, automated email from caravel is currently disabled. I'm sure when they wake up, though, one of the admin types will be able to either manually send you an email or a PM with your key.

04-08-2007 at 01:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jmpava
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 41
icon Re: CaravelNet problem (0)  
Hmm... I didn't even think to ask one of the admins to just send me a new key manually - mine's been invalid ever since the DNS issues. I assumed I'd have to wait until the e-mail issues were resolved, but if someone's able to get that to me directly, I'd really appreciate it. Then I can get back to contributing to the spider backlog... O:-

... At the very least, is there any sort of time frame on the e-mail issues?

04-08-2007 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Erik made a comment about it in THIS thread.

04-08-2007 at 03:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jmpava
Yeah, I saw that one. I was just wondering if there was any estimate yet on when it might be resolved... but, heh, I suppose asking the question answers it - presumably if there was, someone would have already said something. Well, hope it gets resolved soon, mostly because, man, that just sounds like quite an unfortunate mess to have to deal with. :?

04-08-2007 at 03:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
rejoice, your keys will come again: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=14985&page=0#176121

04-08-2007 at 10:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jmpava
Yup, just saw that and got it! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Note to anyone else who has been waiting like I was: It looks like you will need to re-request the key for it to get sent.

04-08-2007 at 10:57 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1236
That's strange, i requested a new key, but no e-mail. I also tried to request a new key on the website, but no e-mail also. :(
Checked my profile e-mail adress, and it is correct, also checked my spam folder. Maybe one of the CaravelNet admins could send me a key?
I really appreciate if someone should do. :unsure
04-09-2007 at 09:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Elfstone
This may be a naive question, but if I copy and paste my key into a PM to slimm tom, would it work for him? and would it continue to work for me?)

04-09-2007 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
no. and probably.

04-09-2007 at 10:19 AM
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
I doubt it would. I'm no expert, but I think it's one key per user, meaning only one user can use each key.

04-09-2007 at 10:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Elfstone
OK, scratch that idea - sorry! :?

04-09-2007 at 10:33 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
If your email's working though, I don't think there's anything stopping you from requesting 2 keys, and sending one to slimm tom.

04-09-2007 at 01:17 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
zex20913 wrote:
If your email's working though, I don't think there's anything stopping you from requesting 2 keys, and sending one to slimm tom.
While it's true that nothing is stopping you from doing that, it won't actually *work*. Keys you request will only work for you.

Anyways, I sent slimm tom a key.

04-09-2007 at 01:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : CaravelNet problem
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com